Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 57 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

29.01.2020 03:49
d not choose to protest in this manner.Now if you ask me, `Would I do that? No I wont, because I see it a little differently, he Antworten

CHASKA, Minn. -- Martin Kaymer thought he was supposed to deliver extraordinary shots at the Ryder Cup because thats all he ever saw.He was a Ryder Cup rookie at Celtic Manor in 2010, sensing perhaps even more pressure because he had won his first major a month earlier in the PGA Championship. The week went as well as Kaymer could have hoped. He didnt lose any of his three team matches, except he was trounced by Dustin Johnson in singles.The most valuable lesson he can impart on Europes six rookies at Hazeltine is that good shots -- not necessarily spectacular ones -- usually are good enough.I thought the entire week, I need to make something special happen, Kaymer said Thursday. When you watch the Ryder Cup, most of the time you see the highlights and you only see great shots, bunker shots holed from the fairway and things like this. So you think you need to do that, too.And I hope that the rookies ... I know its very difficult, but somehow that you try to find a way to calm yourself down and enjoy what you do.Its a message for half of the European team.Europe also had six rookies at Celtic Manor, and it went on to beat the Americans. Neither team, however, has had at least six newcomers and won the Ryder Cup when playing before a visiting crowd.The Europeans had seven rookies, including 19-year-old Sergio Garcia and British Open champion Paul Lawrie, in 1999 at The Country Club outside Boston. Mark James, the captain, elected to sit out three of them until Sunday singles. Jarmo Sandelin, Jean Van de Velde and Andrew Coltart all lost their matches as the U.S. rallied from a 10-6 deficit to win.Bernhard Langer had five rookies on his team in 2004, and two of them sat out the entire first day -- Paul Casey and Ian Poulter.I will, along with the help and guidance of my vice captains, try and put out the strongest eight players ... as I see fit for the position the team is in, Darren Clarke said, not promising that all six rookies will see action Friday.But he also expressed full confidence.One of his rookies is Danny Willett, who won the Masters. Another is Matt Fitzpatrick, who won a U.S. Amateur. And then theres Thomas Pieters, whose only chance to make the team was to impress Clarke over the final two weeks. He was runner-up in the Czech Masters and won in Denmark.They are probably going to be the future of the Ryder Cup going forward and I feel very fortunate that they are here, Clarke said. I have full belief in all those rookies. They are very, very talented players and Im sure they will do their utmost to represent Europe the best that they can this week.The message from Kaymer, Rory McIlroy and others appears to be sinking in: Dont try to do too much, and have fun. And the term rookie isnt quite the same as it was in 1999 because of the global nature of the game. There are hardly any strangers in the Ryder Cup.I dont feel like everything is new, Rafa Cabrera Bello said. I dont really feel like a new kid moving into a new city. I havent played Hazeltine before, but Ive played in the U.S. many events and Ive played huge events in the U.S., as well. On that part, Im glad that those memories and those experiences are helping me to stay calm and relaxed this week.All that could change, of course.McIlroy tried to talk down the importance and the pressure of the Ryder Cup going into his first experience in 2010, and the emotions he showed that week indicated that it was more than he expected. Thats what he is trying to get across to the newcomers.You think you know what its like and you think youve played under pressure, but you havent. You havent played under what this is going to be like, McIlroy said. Its just trying to make them ready for that and trying to make sure that they are comfortable with where they are. But once you get over that hurdle, that hump of the first tee and everything that goes on with that, youre just down to business and youre just trying to do what you do every day of your life, which is play good golf. Oscar McBride . The 17-year-old native of Marystown, N.L., pulled out of Skate Canada International last month in Saint John, N.B., with the same problem. Steven Baker . -- Aaron Murray threw for 408 yards and three touchdowns, ran for another score, and led No. https://www.cheapnfljerseyschina.co/doug-winslow-jersey-for-sale/ .com) - Manchester City midfielder David Silva is expected to miss the next four weeks because of a calf problem. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Online . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. Pervis Atkins .Y. - Free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury, fresh off winning the World Series with Boston, reached agreement with the rival New York Yankees on a seven-year contract worth about $153 million, a person familiar with the negotiations said Tuesday night. SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Colin Kaepernick will get one more chance to impress coach Chip Kelly before the San Francisco 49ers announce their starting quarterback even as the debate surrounding Kaepernicks refusal to stand for the national anthem remains heated.Kelly said Tuesday that Kaepernick will play in the teams final exhibition game Thursday night in San Diego after missing the first two preseason games with a tired shoulder. This will be Kaepernicks first game since he spoke publicly over his anthem protest, saying he wont stand during the anthem because of what he described as oppression of minorities in the United States.The 49ers declined to comment on whether there will be increased security in place for the game in San Diego when Kaepernick has said he once again will sit during the national anthem.Blaine Gabbert, who is also in the running for the starting job, wont play because he has gotten 30 more plays in the preseason and Kelly does not need to evaluate him further.Kelly said he will pick a starter for the regular season opener against Los Angeles on Sept. 12 sometime after Thursday nights game. He said Kaepernick remains one of his two best quarterbacks.Despite that, Kelly said general manager Trent Baalke will make the final call on whether Kaepernick remains on the teams roster after the cut to 53 players on Saturday.Its not up to me, Kelly said. Any decisions on this team are made through everybody. I do not have control of the 53-man roster. I dont sit there and say this is the 53 were picking. Its a group effort.Kelly said he wasnt sure how many quarterbacks the team will keep for the regular season. Rookie Jeff Driskel and Christian Ponder are the other two quarterbacks on the roster.Kelly said the swirling drama around Kaepernicks protest hasnt hindered the team as it prepares for the new season despite an increased media attention since Kaepernicks stance became public on Saturday.When you talk to our players, theyre focused on the 2016 season and how good a team the San Francisco 49ers can be, Kelly said. As we said all along, we recognize his right to express his feelings, but that doesnt affect what we do from when we get here at 8:15 in the morning and leave at 8 oclock at night.Perhaps the bigger issue when it comes to Kaepernicks status on the team has been his declining play. After leading the team to the Super Bowl following the 2012 season and getting back to the NFC championship game the following year, Kaepernicks play has regressed.dddddddddddde ended up losing his starting job to Gabbert midway through last season and then underwent three operations in the offseason on his non-throwing shoulder, right thumb and left knee. He couldnt participate in the offseason program and lost weight during his rehabilitation.Kaepernick then missed nearly two weeks of training camp with a tired shoulder and was ineffective in his first appearance of the preseason last Friday night against Green Bay.Kaepernicks protest has drawn reaction from around the world from athletes, politicians and others. Hall of Fame running back Jim Brown, a civil rights activist during his career, told NFL Network that Kaepernick makes all the sense in the world and that he stands behind him 100 percent.But Brown also said he would not choose to protest in this manner.Now if you ask me, `Would I do that? No I wont, because I see it a little differently, he said. Im an American citizen, I pay my taxes, I want my equal rights but this is my country, and consequently I dont want to open up for ISIS or anybody that will take away what weve already gained.Hall of Fame basketball player Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, another activist from the 1960s, said it is more concerning that the country still faces many of the same issues that athletes like himself, Brown, boxer Muhammad Ali, and Olympic sprinters Tommie Smith and John Carlos protested nearly a half-century ago.What should horrify Americans is not Kaepernicks choice to remain seated during the national anthem, but that nearly 50 years after Ali was banned from boxing for his stance and Tommie Smith and John Carloss raised fists caused public ostracization and numerous death threats, we still need to call attention to the same racial inequities, Abdul-Jabbar wrote in the Washington Post on Tuesday. Failure to fix this problem is whats really un-American here.Game notes The Niners placed WE Bruce Ellington on IR with a hamstring injury and released LB Jason Fanaika to get down to the 75-man roster limit.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz