Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 63 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

12.06.2019 13:56
e admitted after the match that the presence of Ousted in the Whitecaps locker room has lifted the level of his own game. "Thats Antworten

Brad Knighton couldnt have picked a better time to play the best game of his professional career. With new signing David Ousted watching from the stands, the Vancouver Whitecaps goalkeeper produced a string of saves to lead his team to 2-0 win against Seattle Sounders on Saturday. Knightons outstanding performance earned him Major League Soccers Player of the Week award, and it also left head coach Martin Rennie with no choice to make about who will start in goal when the surging Whitecaps host Chicago Fire at BC Place on Sunday. It was the clubs second shutout in the last three matches. Knighton deserves big credit for how he has responded in the last couple of weeks following the signing of a new goalkeeper by the Whitecaps. He admitted after the match that the presence of Ousted in the Whitecaps locker room has lifted the level of his own game. "Thats the best game Ive ever played. By far, hands down", said the 28-year-old from North Carolina. "You dont want to be dropped from a team and it is my job to put in performances like that to make him think twice about taking me out of the lineup." "It has been nice having him (Ousted) here because it is going to push me and make me better. You want competition in every position and bringing David in is going to do that. What youve seen from the two weeks he has been here, it has changed my mentality and it is probably the best I have ever played." On Friday, I had the chance to spend some time in the company of Ousted. The Danish keeper looks an impressive figure both on and off the pitch. Hes a commanding presence in his penalty area, a strong shot-stopper and has an excellent long throw to start attacks. He clearly understands what is expected of him and is already settling well into his new club and country. The Whitecaps didnt bring in a new goalkeeper from Europe midway through the season with the plan of leaving him on the bench, so at some stage soon its likely the big Dane will get his chance. For now though, it is Knightons job to lose, and he showed on Saturday that he wont be giving up his position without a fight. Knightons play was just one highlight on a night that will be remembered by Caps fans for a long time to come. In front of a sell-out season-high crowd of 22,500, the Whitecaps managed to beat their closest rivals for the first time since joining MLS. More importantly, they opened up a five-point gap between themselves and Seattle in the Western Conference playoff race. Kenny Millers value to the team was evident once again, and his finish for the opening goal after just four minutes was sublime. He timed his run to perfection. It was also great to see Darren Mattocks take his goal so well to seal the win in the closing stages. It has been a difficult year for the Jamaican speedster, but Mattocks certainly didnt look low on confidence when he raced in behind the Sounders defence and flicked the ball brilliantly past Seattle goalkeeper Michael Gspurining to make it 2-0. We havent seen it much this year, but Saturday was another reminder of how Mattocks pace can be a game changer. Following on from his excellent display in Kansas City, Honduran defender Johnny Leveron had another impressive display in the centre of defence and I thought the often-criticized Jun Marques Davidson had a fantastic game. It was probably the best Davidson has played since joining the Caps, protecting the back four and ensuring Sounders forward Obafemi Martins had no space to create. Corey Hertzog was also extremely effective in his role on the right side of the Whitecaps three-man attack. Beating Seattle, and winning against Cascadia opposition for the first time was a massive hurdle for the Whitecaps to overcome. The win ensured the Whitecaps remain unbeaten at home this season and extended their current unbeaten run in MLS to five matches. It was their fifth win in the last seven games since tying with Montreal at the end of May to fail in their bid to win the Amway Canadian Championship. They have taken 16 points from a possible 21. Right now, the Whitecaps are one of the form teams in MLS, and its been a total team effort to get them there. T.J. Hockenson Jersey Large . PAUL, Minn. Lions Jerseys China . Following a lopsided 5-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday night, Paul MacLean told reporters that "theres a lack of focus, theres a lack of leadership and theres a lack of preparation" with his struggling team. That came on the heels of Bryan Murray taking the unusual step of going into the locker room at the Prudential Center and addressing the players himself. http://www.customlionsjersey.com/ .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. Wholesale Custom Lions Shirts . Brad Jacobs and his Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., team took control of the game early. Custom Lions Jerseys . -- Timbers coach Caleb Porter didnt stray from his business-like approach to the season even after Portland downed the two-time defending league champion Los Angeles Galaxy to gain crucial playoff position. In a story Oct. 6, The Associated Press reported the NCAA Board of Directors had to approve proposals made by the Division I Council that would change limits on coaches attending football camps, add two early signing periods to the recruiting calendar and expand by one the number of assistant football coaches FBS schools are allowed to employ..dddddddddddd The Collegiate Commissioners Association, which administers the national letter of intent most high schools recruits sign to officially commit to a school, also must approve the early signing periods. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz