Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 77 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

05.06.2019 08:34
g game Friday night and a big road trip, defenseman Travis Hamonic said. We just have to keep pushing forward. No ones feeling s Antworten

NEW YORK -- Coming off two 100-point seasons and their best playoff run in 23 years, the New York began this season with high hopes. Things havent been working out so well.Sixteen games into the season -- about one-fifth of the way through -- the Islanders are having trouble scoring goals and the losses are piling up.With just one win in the last seven games (1-3-3), they are in last place in the Eastern Conference and their 40 goals ranks just above the bottom one-third in the conference and the league overall.I have not found the combinations to give us some offense, coach Jack Capuano said after the team was shut out for the first time this season Monday night. Its on me to find guys to play with certain guys. Our guys are well prepared for games. We have to be able to find some offense.The Islanders were booed through much of their latest loss -- 4-0 to Tampa Bay -- by the home fans looking for another strong season after finally reaching the second round of the playoffs for the first time since 1993 .I understand the frustration of the fans and frustration of the players, Capuano said. but for me, as a coach, Im behind these guys. I want them to succeed.Two months after their postseason ended last spring, the Islanders lost long-time stars Kyle Okposo, Frans Nielsen and Matt Martin on the first day of free agency , and replaced them with Andrew Ladd and Jason Chimera. The departed trio combined for 52 goals and 83 assists last season, while the two newcomers have totaled three goals and five assists so far.Capuano has shuffled the lines all season, searching for the right combinations -- especially for captain John Tavares, who spent most of the latter part of last season on the top line with Okposo and Nielsen. Ladd and Chimera began the season with Tavares. Chimera was then replaced by Josh Bailey. Ladd was then dropped down, with Shane Prince initially taking his place, but Cal Clutterbuck has been moved up there the last five games. The changes have rippled on the other lines as well.Tavares is still confident the team can turn things around.How many games do we got left, he said. You just keep going, keep working. You find your way out of it. Obviously we dont want to be in the spot that were in, but were not going to quit. We just got to stay positive and stay together. Therea plenty of time for improvement with 66 games remaining, but it needs to start soon. The Islanders are seven points out of a playoff spot, but would need to jump over eight teams just to get in the Easts second wild-card spot.Obviously it feels like everything is against us right now, Tavares said. Theres a long way to go at this point in the year. ... All you can do is work to sway the momentum, get some good results and try to build some momentum off that and build confidence.A strong home team the last two years, the Islanders had a chance to get off to a good start with their next game -- on Friday night against defending Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh -- being their 12th out of the first 17 at Barclays Center. The Islanders head into that 5-4-2 on home ice. That will be followed by a three-game trip to California next week with the team still looking for its first road win after going 0-4-1 in the first five.We have to get back practicing hard, get ready to go, obviously a big game Friday night and a big road trip, defenseman Travis Hamonic said. We just have to keep pushing forward. No ones feeling sorry for us.The poor start has put Capuano on the hot seat and with the coach repeatedly taking the blame for the teams scoring troubles, the pressure will likely only build.I can only control what I can control, Capuano said when asked if he was concerned whether general manager Garth Snow might consider a coaching change. Thats not my decision. I come to the rink every day like everybody else and work extremely hard. ... As Ive said, we have to find a way -- and it falls on me -- to try to get some offense out of this team.---Follow Vin Cherwoo at www.twitter.com/VinCherwooAP Custom Twins Jerseys . The Vancouver coach and an announced sellout crowd of 18,910 watched in dismay as the Canucks lost 7-4 to the New York Islanders on Monday night by squandering a 3-0 lead in the third period. Custom Twins Jersey China . On Saturday night, the normally free throw-challenged centre did just that. Howard scored 18 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, including 13 of 19 free throws in a 2 1/2-minute stretch, and the Houston Rockets beat the Denver Nuggets 122-111. http://www.customtwinsjersey.com/custom-harmon-killebrew-jersey-large-72s.html .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Twins Jerseys China . John Tavares, Thomas Vanek and Kyle Okposo were also being counted on to slow down sizzling Rangers forward Rick Nash. That plan didnt go so well early. Cheap Twins Jerseys . -- Ryan Blaney provided more evidence that Penske Racings No. KALAMAZOO, Mich. -- Zach Terrell to Corey Davis, all day long for No. 21 Western Michigan.The Broncos prolific passing combination just overwhelmed lowly Buffalo.Terrell passed for a career-high 445 yards and four touchdowns, helping Western Michigan remain undefeated with a 38-0 victory on Saturday.Zach Terrell is the finest football player and finest man Ive ever met in my entire life, Broncos coach P.J. Fleck said. Whatever trophy lists hes on, he should win them all or its a disgrace.Davis had 13 catches for 173 yards and two touchdowns, breaking the Mid-American Conference record for career receptions. Davis also holds the MAC records for career yards receiving and touchdown catches.Davis also moved closer to the Football Bowl Subdivision career receiving record. His 4,987 yards ranks second behind Trevor Insleys 5,005.It means I throw the ball to him a lot, Terrell said. Its a tremendous testament to Corey. Hes a true professional and anybody that doubts Corey Davis is nuts because he will prove you wrong.Michael Henry added six receptions for 121 yards as the Broncos (11-0, 7-0, No. 14 AP) stayed in contention for a major bowl bid. They need a win against Toledo next week and a victory in the MAC championship to have a chance at the Cotton Bowl.Jordan Johnson had 95 yards rushing for the Bulls (2-9, 1-6), who lost their third straight game. Grant Rohach, who filled in for injured starter Tyree Jackson, threw for 140 yards.Executions not where it should be for us to have a chance to beat a team like this, Buffalo coach Lance Leipold said.After a scoreless opening quarter, the Broncos controlled the action the rest of the way.Terrell found Davis for a 22-yard touchdown with 8:16 left in the second quarter, and then passed to Jarvion Franklin for a 20-yard touchdown with 2 minutes left in the half.The Broncos padded their lead in the third quarter on Butch Hamptons 30-yard field goal andd Terrells 65-yard touchdown pass to Henry.ddddddddddddestern Michigans defense recorded its second shutout this season. The Broncos beat Akron 41-0 on Oct. 15 for their first shutout since 2006.THE TAKEAWAYBuffalo: The Bulls continue to struggle in Leipolds second season. Buffalo has been outscored 361-179 this year, including 246-123 in conference play. The Bulls couldnt find an offensive rhythm without Jackson, who missed the game with a leg injury. Buffalo was shut out for the first time since 2011.Western Michigan: The Broncos and No. 1 Alabama are the only unbeaten teams left in the FBS. Western Michigan, which won its program-best 11th game this season, hadnt shut out two teams in the same season since 2000.POLL IMPLICATIONSWestern Michigan could move up in The Associated Press Top 25 after No. 11 Utah lost 30-28 to Oregon.TREMENDOUS TURNAROUNDAfter finishing the 2013 season 1-11, which was Flecks first in Kalamazoo, the Broncos have a chance to go 12-0 with a win over Toledo.We lost plenty a couple years ago, Terrell said. Theres no letdown because guys that have been here understand what its like to basically lose every game. We know what that feeling is like.LOPSIDED STATSThe Broncos finished with 626 yards of total offense, compared to Buffalos 268. The Bulls never advanced inside the Broncos 20-yard line.You could see the talent they have at the skill positions and the explosiveness at multiple spots on offense that make it difficult for us to slow them down, Leipold said.UP NEXTBuffalo: The Bulls finish the season next week at Bowling Green, which owns a 10-3 record against Buffalo.Western Michigan: The Broncos host Toledo on Friday with a spot in the MAC championship game on the line. Toledo leads the all-time series against Western Michigan, 42-29. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz