Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 77 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

13.04.2019 04:15
of the regions many loquacious taxi drivers and theyll invariably bring up Meninga.The Kangaroos coach was at the peak of his ca Antworten

Its been over 30 years since Mal Meninga was tearing up the English rugby league scene but people around the Liverpool area have long memories.Its a region where Liverpool and Everton dominate the sporting conversation, but mention rugby league to one of the regions many loquacious taxi drivers and theyll invariably bring up Meninga.The Kangaroos coach was at the peak of his career when St Helens pulled off the biggest signing in the clubs history by convincing him to join for the 1984-85 season on a big-money contract.He repaid them with a whopping 28 tries in 31 games and still to this day is regarded as one of the greatest imports to play in the English game.I loved my time living and playing at St Helens, Meninga told AAP.I used to come down to Anfield, which is just down the road, quite a lot when I wasnt playing, to watch Liverpool play.Craig Johnston, the Aussie midfielder, was there and carving it up and we became good friends.Liverpool were the top dogs at the time and I became mates with many of the players whod come down and watch our games.Unfortunately I broke my arm and couldnt go back and play for a second season. But its a time I look back fondly upon.Signing Meninga was a far from straightforward process for Saints, who faced fierce competition for his services.Veteran broadcaster Ray French, who despite being the BBCs main rugby league commentator at the time, was also a member of the St Helens board, and thanks to some help from Wayne Bennett managed to get the deal over the line.Saints had said to me theyd signed Mal just before I went out to Australia for the 1984 Great Britain tour, French told AAP.I was staying at the Pacific Hotel in Manly, but when I came down for breakfast I saw Gary Hetherington, the Leeds chairman,He said: Ray, weve just signed Meninga.So I made up an excuse, left the breakfast table and shot straight upstairs to phone Mal.He assured me hed only sign for me and to meet him in Brisbane in three weeks time for the second Test.When I got up to Lang Park I bumped into Wayne Bennett and he said: Ray, Leeds are here, what do you want me to do?So Wayne distracted them by taking them out to the field for a chat.While he was doing that I grabbed Mal and he signed in the clubhouse.French believes he hasnt seen a better and more influential player than Meninga during his 60-year association with the game.He was fantastic for us, there had never been anyone like him before over here and there hasnt been anyone since, he said.There is also a humility to Mal. He has no edge to him and his word is his bond and we remain great friends to this day. Ray Lewis Jersey . Malkin got tangled up with Detroits Luke Glendening early in the third period and his left skate took the brunt of collision with the boards behind Pittsburghs net. Baltimore Ravens Jerseys . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. http://www.officialbaltimoreravenspro.com/Joe-flacco-ravens-jersey/ . Barcelonas entertaining victory ensured the defending Spanish champions retained their share of the league lead with Atletico Madrid two rounds ahead of their meeting in the capital. Real Madrid needed a late goal by substitute Jese Rodriguez to earn a 3-2 victory at Valencia to stay in third place and three points behind its title rivals. Jonathan Ogden Jersey .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. Lamar Jackson Jersey . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. Things to watch in the Big 12 in Week 3, when Iowa State goes to TCU for the first game that counts in the conference standings. But more important to the league could be three more nonconference games against Power Five teams after going 0-3 in such games last week:GAME OF THE WEEKNo. 14 Oklahoma (1-1) hosting No. 3 Ohio St. (2-0). The Sooners and Buckeyes meet for the first time since 1983, and this is a game Oklahoma likely has to win to have any realistic chance of making it back into the four-team College Football Playoff. The Buckeyes were national champions two seasons ago in the first year of the CFP format, and Oklahoma last season became the first Big 12 team to make it. Ohio States defense hasnt given up a touchdown this season while also returning three interceptions for scores. Baker Mayfield has thrown five TDs for the Sooners, who had that season-opening loss to sixth-ranked Houston.BEST MATCHUPNo. 11 Texas (2-0) at California (1-1). Freshman quarterback Shane Buechele and the Longhorns are headed to the West Coast for their first road game. When California came to Austin with quarterback Jared Goff last season, the Bears escaped with a 45-44 victory after Texas made a late 21-point rally only to miss an extra point with 1:11 remaining. Goff was the first overall pick in the NFL draft and replaced by graduate transfer Davis Webb, who never played against the Longhorns while with Texas Tech the past three seasons.INSIDE THE NUUMBERSBaylor, Texas and idle West Virginia are the leagues only undefeated teams .dddddddddddd ... Kansas State is 22-2 in home openers under coach Bill Snyder. The Wildcats host Florida Atlantic on Saturday. ... Texas Tech quarterback Patrick Mahomes is again the national leader in total offense, with 562 yards per game. He goes into a game against Louisiana Tech already with 12 touchdowns (nine passing, three rushing). ... Kansas goes to Memphis after 14 tackles for losses last week against Ohio, the most in a game for the Jayhawks since 2007.LONG SHOTIowa State is more than a three-touchdown underdog at TCU. Horned Frogs coach Gary Patterson will remind everyone that the Cyclones won in Fort Worth when they played there four years ago in TCUs first home Big 12 game. But there were unique circumstances in 2012, with that game coming only two days after starting quarterback Casey Pachalls DWI arrest and suspension.IMPACT PERFORMEROklahoma State sophomore WR Jalen McCleskey is tied for the Big 12 lead with 7.5 receptions per game. He had 11 catches for 103 yards against Central Michigan, when the Cowboys had seven different players caught passes. They Cowboys are home against Pittsburgh.---Compiled by AP Sports Writer Stephen Hawkins in Fort Worth, Texas.---AP College Football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz