Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 57 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

16.02.2019 03:04
ish at 1-under 71 in a tie with Roger Sloan of Merritt, B.C. Still, Conners was the top amateur on the day. "It was great. I had Antworten

OAKVILLE, Ont. -- Even though half the field had yet to play on Thursday, the first round of the 2013 RBC Canadian Open was largely decided by noon. Brendan Steele held on to his early clubhouse lead to win the first round of the Canadian Open after shooting a 7-under 65, with no golfer in the afternoon grouping able to crack the top five of the $5.6-million PGA Tour event. Joe Affrunti came closest. His 4-under 68 performance tied him for seventh. "Today was probably the most complete round that Ive had all year, so that was kind of nice," said Steele. "Didnt miss many greens, didnt hit many shots off line, and I was able to roll a few putts in." The 30-year-old Steele played consistent golf over the par-72, 7,253-yard Glen Abbey Golf Course, only bogeying the par-4 ninth hole. Steele had eight birdies, five on the front nine alone. Scott Gardiner, Matt Kuchar and Scott Brown all tied for second, one shot off the pace. Gardiner was tied for first after eagleing on the par-3 15th hole, but he bogeyed on the next hole to drop back into a tie with Kuchar and Brown. "Actually, didnt hit that bad a drive on 16, and went left and got stuck behind a tree and had to lay up," said Gardiner. "And then I hit a pretty good (shot), I missed a four foot putt. That was a struggle, but the rest of the shots I was fairly happy with. But then a couple of the tee shots there on the last." Ottawas Brad Fritsch was the top Canadian after a 3-under 69 performance. He birdied his final three holes to pass David Hearn of Brantford, Ont., on the leaderboard. Hearn finished 2 under. "I think I hit less than 50 per cent of the fairways, but I think thats just the nature of this golf course," said Fritsch. "I looked like I got some horrendous bounces. When I was expecting one way, it went the other, and that led to a little bit of frustration. But I stayed patient." Fritsch was pleased with his performance, especially with an afternoon start time on a day where temperatures reached 23 C. "I made an unforced bogey on No. 2, which is a birdie hole. Got off to a bad start," said Fritsch. "But I made six birdies. So out here in the afternoon, thats pretty good when 156 players have been on the greens already." David Lingmerth and Hunter Mahan tied for fifth after going 5-under par. "I did okay in my opening nine. Just didnt hit it great," said Mahan, who started his round at No. 10. "Didnt give myself a lot of great looks at birdie, but certainly on 1 and 2, I got some momentum on my side and hit it good after that. "Gave myself a lot of good looks and the greens were rolling true. Its in great shape right now. In the morning well have perfect conditions." Many notable names in the tournament showed signs of fatigue after last weeks British Open. Scott Piercy, last years Canadian Open champion, finished in a group tied for 41st after going 1 under. Ernie Els was also in that group, while two-time Canadian Open champion Jim Furyk shot at even par to tie for 69th. Luke Donald (73) was 1 over and Graeme McDowell (76) was in a group tied for 141st at 4 over. "It was fun to be out here. It was perfect conditions," said Kuchar. "I feel like last week, conditions were so challenging and so difficult at the British Open to come here and to play golf that is more friendly and more what were used to the PGA Tour was great." Amateur Corey Conners of Listowel, Ont., almost finished the day as the top Canadian after eagleing on the 16th hole. Unfortunately, he bogeyed on his final two holes to finish at 1-under 71 in a tie with Roger Sloan of Merritt, B.C. Still, Conners was the top amateur on the day. "It was great. I had myself in some tricky spots but was able to save shots by getting the ball up and down and making some key putts," said Conners. "Felt pretty good out there. Disappointed to bogey the last two, had a real nice round going but overall still a great round." Graham DeLaet of Weyburn, Sask., struggled in the morning group, triple bogeying on the par-4 14th hole. He recovered on his final five holes to finish the round at par. He wasnt the only Canadian to have trouble on the course. Mike Weir of Brights Grove, Ont., and Eric Banks of Truro, N.S., both shot a 73, while Calgarys Stephen Ames, Peter Laws of Milton, Ont., and Mackenzie Hughes of Dundas, Ont., all had a 74. Riley Wheeldon of Comox, B.C., and Eugene Wong of North Vancouver, B.C., tied after shooting identical scores of 3-over 75. Amateur Adam Svensson of Surrey, B.C., shot a 76. Victorias Kevin Carrigan, Torontos Albin Choi and Bryn Parry of North Vancouver, B.C., all shot 77, while Adam Hadwin of Abbotsford, B.C., had a 78. Brian Hadley of Sarnia, Ont., finished with a 79. Jonas Jerebko Jersey . Dallas hasnt ruled out the star quarterback for Sunday nights game against Philadelphia, but all signs point to Romos back injury pushing Kyle Orton into the starting role after two years of limited play as the backup. Surely Ortons name isnt the first that comes to mind for fans wanting a change after years of damaging interceptions, fumbles or, most infamously, the field goal flub when Romo dropped the snap on a kick that could have won his first playoff game in 2006. Pete Maravich Jersey . Irving scored 23 points, Tristan Thompson had 20 points and 10 rebounds and the Cavaliers beat the Denver Nuggets 117-109 on Friday night. http://www.officialjazzauthenticstore.com/kids-donovan-mitchell-jazz-jersey/ . -- Arizona raced out to a big lead and did not back off, hitting the accelerator instead. Utah Jazz Jerseys . -- Jakob Silfverberg is making himself right at home with the Anaheim Ducks, scoring four goals in his first four games. Dante Exum Jersey . In Europe, top teams seem to be largely happy with their squads after spending nearly $1 billion in the off-season. And although English league clubs are unlikely to splash cash in January, Arsenal and Chelsea could be tempted to strengthen their squads with new strikers. Toronto FC has already secured a playoff bid and surging DC United is trying to do the same as the teams prepare to face off Saturday at BMO Field in Toronto.Toronto FC (13-8-10) is second in MLS Eastern Conference with 49 points, two points behind New York City FC and one point ahead of the New York Red Bulls. All three teams have clinched postseason berths, but they are still vying for the Supporters Shield, the conference title and a first-round bye in the playoffs.DC United (9-9-13) is sixth in the Eastern Conference with 40 points, just above the red line in the MLS playoff race. DC United is one point behind the fifth-place Montreal Impact, two points behind the fourth-place Philadelphia Union and four points ahead of the seventh-place New England Revolution.Toronto FC has defeated DC United twice this season. In their most recent encounter in July, Sebastian Giovinco had a hat trick in a 4-1 victory at BMO Field. Giovinco, who leads the team with 16 goaals and 13 assists, has been sidelined since late August with quad and adductor injuries, but he could return to face D.ddddddddddddC. United.Toronto FC is coming off three straight draws and has not won since beating the Chicago Fire 2-1 on Sept. 10. The team has scored only once in its last two matches and was shut out Wednesday despite taking 15 shots against Orlando City SC.We have to be smart with the ball and we have to finish our chances, Toronto FC head coach Greg Vanney said.DC United has scored multiple goals in six straight matches and is coming off back-to-back wins at home. A victory over Toronto FC could be key in securing a playoff spot.I think the momentum is good right now, goalkeeper Bill Hamid said.Lamar Neagle and Patrick Mullins lead DC United with seven goals apiece. Luciano Acosta has a team-high 10 assists. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz