Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 News
LAM Offline

29.12.2018 05:44
d over by police.Before the officer approaches, he reaches over to the glove compartment to get his registration and places it o Antworten

My father has a routine for when hes pulled over by police.Before the officer approaches, he reaches over to the glove compartment to get his registration and places it on the dashboard along with his license and wallet. He refers to the officer as sir or maam and does not move his hands from the 10-and-2 position unless specifically directed to do so.When I was 10, I watched him get pulled over twice in five days for speeding, and I asked him why he did that. He turned to me and gave me a smile before quoting the late Richard Pryor: I dont wanna be no m-----f---ing accident.I didnt fully understand his response, nor did I have a tremendous amount of experience with police. My father grew up in Columbus, Ohio. He was pulled over multiple times -- sometimes for speeding, sometimes for having a white woman in his car, sometimes for no reason at all.You know. Driving while black.My father is a man who pulls no punches when discussing race and raised me to think similarly -- to have a healthy sense of fear in recognizing the precarious nature of my existence. For him, it wasnt enough to recognize the dangers of being a black man in this country. He recognized the dangers of being a black person.During the recent televised conversations about police brutality -- including the town hall with President Barack Obama that aired Thursday and the town hall with BET and MTV personalities last week -- the focus of the discussions has been almost exclusively on men.Police brutality absolutely affects black men. But amid the heightened attention around the deaths of black men at the hands of police, the killings of black women have gone under-covered and under-mentioned. As a result, black women get pushed out of the conversation all together, even though black women founded the Black Lives Matter movement.To quote the report called Say Her Name, released by the African American Policy Forum last year: The erasure of black women is not purely a matter of missing facts. Even where women and girls are present in the data, narratives framing police profiling and lethal force as exclusively male experiences lead researchers, the media and advocates to exclude them.During the town hall with President Obama, only a few women spoke, and all in accessory capacities: mothers of police officers, girlfriend of someone slain by police or a mother of a protester in Baltimore. Thats not to say these womens experiences dont matter --of course they do -- but women are more than accessories. Women participate actively in the movement and experience violence, which needs to be discussed as we search for peace and solutions as a nation.This exclusion happens even as athletes respond to these cases of police brutality. When Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James, Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade opened the ESPYs with their call to action, they named a few of those killed by police in recent years. Rekia Boyd, Natasha McKenna, Janisha Fonville and Tanisha Anderson were not among those mentioned. When they called out activists, not a single black woman was acknowledged, nor were the efforts of WNBA teams?who had already answered the call to recognize those killed.The continued erasure of women from this conversation is partly due to how we think about gender and race. Blackness is often thought of as masculine, and womanhood is often thought of as white. When those identities and experiences of racism and sexism intersect -- as they do for black women -- we struggle to adequately hear their stories.Although racism and sexism readily intersect in the lives of real people, they seldom do in feminist and antiracist practices. And so, when practices expound identity as woman or person of color as an either/or proposition, they relegate the identity of women of color to a location that resists telling, Kimberle Crenshaw, who co-founded and is executive director of the AAPF, wrote in her 1993 paper, Mapping the Margins: Intersectionality, Identity Politics, and Violence Against Women of Color.We have to see black women and fight for black women in the same way that black women continue to fight for others around them. The same is true for queer and trans black people and black people with disabilities. Black lives matter does not just refer to black men.Black women lives matter.Black trans lives matter.Black queer lives matter.Black disabled lives matter.I see you. I love you. You matter. Soccer Jerseys China . - The Washington Redskins have cut defensive lineman Adam Carriker and punter Sav Rocca. Cheapest Soccer Jerseys . Philadelphia is 2-0 against the Senators this season and scored five goals in each victory. The Flyers recorded a 5-0 win in Ottawa on Nov. 12 and then earned a 5-2 home decision on Nov. 19. The Flyers have claimed three straight and four of the last five encounters with the Sens overall and Philly has won two in a row and three of its past four tests in Canadas capital city. http://www.cheapsoccerjerseys.info/ . Reigning world champion Eve Muirhead of Scotland opened with a 12-2 rout of Winnipegs Jennifer Jones in a battle of teams bound for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Authentic . Sgt. Eric ONeal says most of the arrests at Monday nights game were for public drunkenness, though one person was taken into custody on suspicion of trying to steal a seat from the stadium. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Stitched . The move comes after the Canadiens were approached by the Buffalo Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley - a former Sabres player and head coach. "The Sabres called for permission and I appreciate that, Im flattered, Dudley told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN. NEW YORK -- Mets center fielder Juan Lagares?was placed on the disabled list Friday and will undergo surgery to repair a partially torn ligament in his left thumb.Lagares had been trying to play through the injury since he first suffered it while making a diving catch June 4 in Miami, but he told manager Terry Collins after Thursdays series opener against the Colorado Rockies that he is unable to continue.Collins estimated Lagares should return in six weeks.?Since suffering the injury, Lagares was hitting .189 with one homer and two RBIs in 53 at-bats.He came in last night when the game was over and said, I cant keep playing like this. I cant play with the condition of my thumb, Collins said. So we got him in the training room and got the doctors together, and today it was decided that hes going to need the procedure.Hell be out six weeks, but I tip my cap to him because he gave a legitimate effort. He went out there and played like he always plays -- with great desire and great heart. Well just have to fill in.Prospect Brandon Nimmo has been promoted from Triple-A Las Vegas.Collins acknowledged that the front office is looking for a right-handed-hitting center fielder, perhaps just to platoon with Michael Conforto. There is no obvious trade candidate, though, especially with Peter Bourjos just having landed on the disabled list with the Philadelphia Phillies due to a right shoulder sprain.Yoenis Cespedes returned to the lineup Friday night after the latest flare-up of a right quadriceps injury kept him out of Thursdays game. But the Mets are restricting Cespedes to left field.With Lagares on the DL, the remainder of the Mets outfield contingent -- Curtis Granderson, Alejandro De Aza, Conforto and Nimmo -- all hit from the left side, leaving no right-handed-hitting center fielder. Conforto should get the bulk of the action in center against right-handed ppitching, but he is hitting only 4-for-44 against southpaws this season.ddddddddddddCollins believes De Aza may be the best in-house option to start in center field against left-handers. De Aza could also be a late-game defensive replacement for Conforto when the Mets have a small lead, a role Lagares had previously filled.In promoting the left-handed-hitting Nimmo, the Mets showed they did not have an attractive right-handed-hitting option in the minors to play center field. They considered promoting 27-year-old Travis Taijeron, who is hitting .297 with 15 homers and 73 RBIs in 347 at-bats with Las Vegas. But team officials were dissuaded because Taijeron has 122 strikeouts -- the third-highest total in the Pacific Coast League -- and might have difficulty making contact in the majors.Nimmo hit .235 with one homer and four RBIs in 51 at-bats during an earlier stint with the Mets.I had things to work on, definitely -- in the outfield, staying low and getting good reads on balls, he said. I went back and worked on that. At the plate, it was just more about getting back to being disciplined with the strike zone. Those are the personal things I took away from it, but I definitely felt like I can play here and I can help contribute.Lagares injury is the latest jolt to the Mets.Third baseman Jose Reyes continues to be sidelined with a strained intercostal muscle on his left side. Reyes suffered the injury on a swing in Game 1 of a doubleheader on Tuesday and has not played since.Hes a little closer, but I doubt youll see him tonight, Collins said. They put him through some tests today. Hes better -- significantly better than the other day -- but I just think because of that particular injury weve got to be careful not to overdo it. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz