Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 53 mal aufgerufen
 News
LAM Offline

26.12.2018 06:47
onal cricket, but he looked confident. I bowled seven straight overs with the new ball. In fact I bowled more overs than anyone Antworten

There are two types of swagger: one is intrinsic, the other is put on. The fake kind is hollow and often irritating but the genuine article is beautiful and irresistible. The feigned kind of swagger is exposed sooner or later on a cricket ground, and doesnt last long.Mohammad Asif has lived a scandal-filled cricketing career and hit rock bottom in 2010 for being banned and jailed for spot-fixing. He has also been caught carrying illegal drugs at the Dubai Airport, has had a notorious and failed public affair with a TV actress, and has failed a dope test. Somehow, he is still a relevant cricketer with his swagger intact. It never went away.His physique as a fast bowler never made sense. He looks thin enough to be blown away by a poke. But he is strong, as all Gujjars tend to be. His presence in the ground can easily be felt; he strides like he is walking a tightrope. On Saturday, the first day of the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy final, Asif was the last man to leave the dressing room for Water and Power Development Authoritys warm-up session before the toss, and walked straight to the pitch, which was topped with patches of green.By the end of the days play, he had figures of 18.1-4-29-4 as WAPDA bowled Habib Bank Limited out for 236. It took his seasons wicket haul to 19 in five matches, at an average of 18.63. Of the 127 overs he has bowled, 52 - or nearly 41% - have been maidens. He has made a massive impact on his team, leading a brittle attack, holding it together, winning games. Whether that is enough for Pakistan to pick him again remains to be seen; the selectors watched him keenly, but they retain a sense of reluctance about going back to him - given all his misdemeanours, their caution is probably reasonable.But Asifs bowling is capable of changing the most stubborn minds. He ripped through Habib Banks top order within no time, leaving them 19 for 3 by the time he had bowled three overs. In the seven overs of his opening spell, he conceded a mere eight runs. His second spell of five overs was wicketless, but he bowled three maidens and only conceded four runs. His rhythm was relentless.His run-up and follow-through were smooth as ever, stirring old memories of a master strategist. He didnt bowl at any great pace: he made Kamran Akmal stand up to the stumps even when he bowled with the new ball, but this was also because he wanted to push back Ahmed Shehzad, who was standing out of his crease in a bid to counter his movement.At one time, Habib Bank were reeling at 21 for 6, before Rameez Aziz and Fahim Ashraf rescued them with an 84-run stand for the seventh wicket. A 99-run ninth-wicket partnership between Aziz and Abdur Rehman frustrated WAPDA further, before Asif returned to send back Aziz.I did well in previous games but since today was the final and it was also being live telecast, I was just enjoying, Asif said after the days play. I have a much-needed rhythm, and since it was a big match and only big player delivers on such occasions, I gave it all and am now hoping to make the second innings count as well.Asif posed a considerable threat in each of his four spells, and a powerful appeal against Aziz took you back to the past, low to the ground on bent knees with arms outstretched. There was no way to gauge his fitness, at 33, and say if he would be able to cope with international cricket, but he looked confident. I bowled seven straight overs with the new ball. In fact I bowled more overs than anyone else, 18.1 overs, he said. What else do you expect me to do to prove [my fitness]. If I wasnt fit I dont think I could have bowled those overs.I am doing what I am required to do; rest is in the hands of Allah and then the selectors. I am doing my best and I cant do more. So to me I am doing well. The basics are still the same, which I havent forgotten, and I am just applying myself with everything I have. I know I still have my space there and it is never taken by anyone and I am confident that I will soon be taking it back.Asif is playing his second day-night game with the pink ball. He wasnt too happy with the quality of the ball being used in the tournament, and said it becomes soft after about 15 overs and that dew was also an issue under lights.Its an experiment, but obviously we have to adopt it as this is the future for Test cricket, he said. The ball being used isnt the grade A quality and if you want bowlers to be groomed you need to have good balls.As a bowler its slightly difficult during the twilight because the ball is hard to spot against the background, especially when the sun is out along with the lights. So that transition period causes some problem for the fielders as well, especially for the catching positions or at some sharp fielding positions like point, where the ball is a little difficult to pick up. But its a learning curve for all of us and we are getting used to it. Adidas Stan Smith Sale . Pence singled in the winning run with no outs in the ninth inning to give the Giants a 7-6 victory over the San Diego Padres on Sunday. Adidas Stan Smith Wholesale . Sulaiman, 44, was chosen unanimously Tuesday in a vote by the leadership, the World Boxing Council said. Sulaiman becomes the sixth president of the organization. http://www.cheapadidasstansmith.com/ . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. Adidas Stan Smith Clearance . The Masters champion and winner of last weeks Australian PGA has a three-round total of 14-under 199 at Royal Melbourne. "Im in a really good position for tomorrow," Scott said. Cheapest Adidas Stan Smith .C. -- Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Bobcats got off to a fast start, and the Sacramento Kings were never quite able to catch up. Seven tennis players are set to represent Great Britain at the Rio Olympics.The International Tennis Federation announced the provisional entry lists for mens and womens singles and doubles on Thursday.Andy Murray will defend the gold medal he won in singles in London and he will also compete with brother Jamie in doubles.Johanna Konta and Heather Watson are entered in womens singles and doubles while Dom Inglot and Colin Fleming have made the cut for mens doubles.Kyle Edmund benefited from a number of withdrawals to sneak into the mens singles, subject to an appeal, which will be heard on July 15.As well as having a high enough ranking, players must be in good standing with their national federation and have played either three Davis Cup or two Fed Cup ties over the last four years.Edmund has only played one, last years Davis Cup final, but has been available throughout and would have played three but for injury.Entries for the mixed doubles, in which Andy Murray won sillver with Laura Robson four years ago, will be decided on site.ddddddddddddThe womens entry list has been finalised, and the most notable name on it is Denmarks Caroline Wozniacki, after she?won an appeal.Wozniacki, like Rafael Nadal, is due to be a flag bearer at the Opening Ceremony, and the Spaniard must wait to find out if he has been successful in his appeal.Nadal is unlikely to play in Spains Davis Cup tie against Romania next month as he continues to recover from a wrist injury.Other notable names waiting on appeals include Argentinas Juan Martin del Potro and Ernests Gulbis of Latvia.The mens doubles looks particularly strong. As well as the Murrays, 2008 gold medallists Roger Federer and Stan Wawrinka are playing for Switzerland while Novak Djokovic is teaming up with Nenad Zimonjic for Serbia and Nadal is set to play with Marc Lopez. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz