Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

01.02.2020 03:11
nderstand this is going to be a process because Ive been away from baseball for a little while," said Reyes. "Everything is not Antworten

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee running back Alvin Kamara wants to carry the momentum of a career-best performance into Saturdays showdown with his former team.Kamara gained a school-record 312 all-purpose yards -- the second-highest total by a Football Bowl Subdivision player all season -- in a 45-38 overtime loss last week at No. 6 Texas A&M, which was ranked eighth at the time.I feel like I could have done more, but I feel like it was a pretty good statement game, Kamara said.Tennessee would love to see Kamara make a similar statement Saturday when the ninth-ranked Volunteers (5-1, 2-1 SEC) host No. 1 Alabama (6-0, 3-0).Kamara began his college career at Alabama, though he never played a down for the Crimson Tide. After redshirting in 2013, Kamara transferred and spent the 2014 season at Hutchinson (Kansas) Community College before arriving at Tennessee last year.This marks the second time Kamara has faced his former team. He had five carries for 21 yards and four catches for 44 yards in a 19-14 loss at Alabama last season.I do still have friends at Alabama, Kamara said. We talk and just pray for each others safety every game and just keep up with each other. Its another game. I was at Alabama a couple of years ago. Im at Tennessee now, loving my teammates, loving where Im at right now. Thats all Im focused on.Kamara was suspended twice and struggled with injuries during his brief stint at Alabama, yet the junior from Norcross, Georgia, has developed into a leader at Tennessee.His emergence has caught the attention of his former coach.Alvin, to me, is an outstanding player, Alabama coach Nick Saban said. I think hes got great speed. Hes very instinctive. Hes a very good receiver, very good at running the ball inside or out, and (he) uses his speed to his advantages on the perimeter.Kamara commands such respect from his teammates that he was the only non-senior chosen as one of four team captains this season.When he speaks, guys listen, quarterback Joshua Dobbs said.Kamara has shown his leadership in the way hes handled his situation as part of a running-back tandem with Jalen Hurd. Through Tennessees first five games, Hurd had 101 carries and seven catches while Kamara had 38 rushes and 12 receptions.With an unspecified injury sidelining Hurd last week, Tennessee needed a big performance from Kamara. He responded by rushing for 127 yards and two touchdowns on 18 carries while also catching eight passes for 161 yards and one score.His 18-yard touchdown reception with 41 seconds left helped force overtime as Tennessee erased a 28-7 deficit. Kamara also returned three punts for eight yards and had a 16-yard kickoff return.I dont think Ive been around a performance like that in a long time, Tennessee coach Butch Jones said.Kamaras 312 all-purpose yards broke the school record of 294 set by Chuck Webb against Mississippi in 1989. The only Football Bowl Subdivision player to have more all-purpose yards in a game this season is Florida States Dalvin Cook with 329 against South Florida.His performance was so noteworthy that even Los Angeles Rams running back and former Georgia star Todd Gurley tweeted Stop being so good bro (at)A-kamara6, a reference to Kamaras Twitter handle. Kamara said he has spoken with Gurley since the game.He was just (saying to) keep working hard and youre going to receive everything youre looking for, Kamara said.Kamaras big game may give him a bigger role, even whenever Hurd returns.Jones hasnt updated Hurds injury status and potential availability this week, though Hurd was at Tuesdays practice in a green non-contact jersey. Kamara says he hasnt gotten frustrated about his lack of carries in certain games, but his performance last week spoke volumes about his capabilities.I just do whats asked of me, Kamara said. Good things come when you do what youre supposed to do.---AP college website: collegefootball.ap.org---AP Sports Writer John Zenor in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, contributed to this report. Air Max 270 Flyknit Igloo .com) - The Montreal Canadiens will try to halt their longest losing streak of the season when they host the struggling New York Islanders in tonights clash at the Bell Centre. Air Max 270 Fuchsia . Kuznetsov, who was selected by the Capitals in the first round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been playing for his hometown team Chelyabinsk Traktor of the KHL. http://www.cheapairmax270react.com/air-max-270-2021-fake.html . Cote was eligible to become a free agent Feb. 15. Cote helped running back Jon Cornish run for a league-high 1,813 rushing yards en route to being named the leagues most outstanding player. Air Max 270 React Amethyst Tint . McCarthy, a player who played some games in the second tier for Wigan at the start of this season, would go on to shine inside Evertons midfield, outplaying the man he was brought in to replace, on one of the grandest stages in English football. On Saturday, it was fitting that Manchester Uniteds most recent dagger into the chest was delivered by Frenchman Yohan Cabaye, a wonderfully gifted central midfielder who put on an outstanding effort for Newcastle at Old Trafford. Air Max 270 Black Blue . The catch: It needs a lot of money, and it needs it fast.TORONTO - Jose Reyes is at the ballpark long before his teammates arrive, working toward a return from injury that cant come quickly enough for the player and for the Blue Jays. Quietly, which is a relative term when it comes to the affable shortstop, Reyes is doing his rehab. Come game time, Reyes is his vocal self as he roots on his teammates from his dugout perch. "Im anxious to come back," Reyes, adorned in a sleeveless Superman t-shirt, told TSN.ca. "We havent played the level that everybody was expecting. This team is better than the record shows. We need to turn it around as soon as possible because our division is not easy at all. Its hard to gain ground. Like I said I just want to be there, Im going to continue to work hard every day doing my rehab from eight oclock in the morning from the time I work out, my rehab." The recovery from a badly sprained left ankle is tedious; it happens in baby steps. For two weeks, Reyes was in a cast, followed by two more weeks in a walking boot. The time was spent at his New York home. He rejoined the club last week and on Friday, unencumbered by any type of ankle bracing, he began light sprints. Reyes expects to begin taking batting practice and ground balls on Monday or Tuesday. These "baseball activities," as theyre called, are another step toward recovery but shouldnt be misconstrued as a fast-tracking of the rehab process. "The key is going to be running, you know, the bases and stuff like that because you can take a ground ball right in front of you and you feel good," said Reyes. "You can take BP and you feel good but when it comes to running and jumping around in a real game its a different story." Theres no timeline for Reyes return to game action, which will begin with a minor league rehab assignment. Until then, hell remain with the club under the watchful eyes of head trainer George Poulis and strength coach Bryan King. His presence is appreciated, particularly by the younger Dominican-born players. "Theyre good impressions for me to play with a guy like that,&quuot; said reliever Esmil Rogers.dddddddddddd. "Hes so happy to play the game and to come to the stadium with the same attitude. They show me it doesnt matter what day youve got, every day is a new day." Reyes admits to injury-related boredom. Hes always moving, always invested. He watches the games closely and offers teammates insight on pitchers tendencies and other trends while keeping the dugout loose. "Thats the way it is. When Im not playing I dont know what to do. Its kind of crazy for me," said Reyes. "Some guys, they dont want me in the dugout, they want me playing in the field because they say Im messing around too much. Thats the way I am, nobody is going to change that for me. I like to enjoy, I like to be around my teammates. Thats why Im going to continue to do my rehab with the ballclub because I want to be here." Reyes was off to a hot start. In 10 games, he was hitting .395/.465/.526 and was successful in each of his five stolen base attempts. In a disappointing season in which the fan base is looking for reasons to be optimistic, Reyes return is one of them. He wants to rein in the expectations. "People have to understand this is going to be a process because Ive been away from baseball for a little while," said Reyes. "Everything is not coming right away. Like I said Ill do everything to bring my talent to the field and help this ballclub. Hopefully it wont take that long. Hopefully when I come out, I come out ready to go and people can see the real Jose Reyes." ROGERS LIKELY TO START WEDNESDAY Reliever Esmil Rogers, who pitched the final three innings of Friday nights 10-6 Blue Jays loss to Baltimore, is expected to start Wednesday nights game in Atlanta. Rogers threw a full bullpen session on Sunday morning and told TSN.ca he wasnt available for the series finale against the Orioles and likely wouldnt be available for Mondays and Tuesdays games versus the Braves. If Rogers gets the ball on Wednesday he would become the 11th different starting pitcher for the Blue Jays this season. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz