Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 41 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

14.12.2019 10:56
And like every other team, theyll report Antworten

The greatest moment of my sports-loving life came in the early hours of Thursday, Nov. 3, when my Chicago Cubs won the World Series. No matter how long I live, no matter whats to come, theres nothing that could top witnessing a Game 7, extra-innings win 108 years in the making. Even if this championship marks the start of a Cubs dynasty that takes title after title in the coming years, no future win could be nearly as sweet or as cathartic as this one.This is it. Peak sports euphoria.So what do you do if youve reached the top of your sports mountain and still have half a lifetime to go? What if you know, with all certainty, that the best isnt yet to come?Boston Red Sox fan Dave Bry, who saw his team end its 86-year drought in 2004, offered some words of warning for Cubs fans after their long-awaited victory. He wrote for the Guardian:Ive heard a lot of folks echo Brys sentiment over the last few days. Media friend Ray Ratto joked to me shortly after the win, Congratulations. Now you have nothing to live for. Thats a tad bit dramatic, of course, but one thing is true: Things will never be the same for the Cubs. No longer the worlds most famous lovable losers, now theyre just another team. And like every other team, theyll report to spring training in February, start their season in April and hope they can make it to October.As high as Cubs fans feel now, buoyed by the sight of the players leaping into each others arms after the final out, the tears of David Ross as he sat atop his teammates shoulders, and the energy of the 5 million strong gathered in the streets of Chicago for Fridays parade, its understandable to worry that the air might begin to escape our proverbial balloons. Each day that passes brings us closer to the start of next season and the end of a party a century in the making.But unlike Bry, sadness hasnt taken hold for me. I can feel nothing but warm, fingertips-to-toes gratefulness for the opportunity to experience the kind of ecstasy thats only possible when patience has been tested. The shared happiness understood only by a community long invested in a common goal. The joyful relief of a dream realized.The bond that ties all Cubs fans together remains, but the distinction between those who only dreamed of this moment and those who are living it is stark. Theres no room for melancholy atop this mountain. Too many climbed before us and never reached the summit; it would

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz