Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 68 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

09.12.2019 09:21
Gonzalez, who was third in the Del Ma Antworten

TEMPE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals already were having problems protecting Carson Palmer. Now they must deal with the loss of Jared Veldheer.The 6-foot-8, 321-pound left tackle is out for the season with a torn triceps, an injury that occurred in the Cardinals 30-20 loss at Carolina two weekends ago.Veldheer has been the anchor of the Arizona offensive line since he signed as a free agent in 2014 after spending his first four NFL seasons in Oakland.Palmer called Veldheer one of the best tackles in the league for a long time.His production, his professionalism, his athleticism, his power, his leadership, its irreplaceable, Palmer said Wednesday.Stepping into that considerable void Sunday, when Arizona is home against San Francisco, steps John Wetzel, an imposing figure in his own right at 6-7 and 328 pounds.But Veldheer has 88 career starts. Wetzel has one, at left guard against the New York Jets on Oct. 17 when Mike Iupati was out with an ankle injury against.Wetzel, undrafted out of Boston College in 2013, signed a rookie free agent contract with Oakland but was released before the season started. He was on the practice squads of Dallas and Indianapolis before being signed the Cardinals practice squad last Dec. 9. Wetzel made the 53-man Arizona roster as a backup this season.I feel ready, he said. It helps that I started a game already this year and played a little bit in the San Fran game. That helps a lot, just the mental aspect of getting adjusted to the speed of things. Ive still got a lot of work to do in practice coming up this week, got to get some technical stuff worked on, but by Sunday I should be pretty good.Wetzel has appeared in all eight games, mostly on special teams before his stint at guard. He played the entire second half against Carolina at tackle after Veldheer was hurt.Its really unfortunate what happened to Jared, you dont want to see that, Wetzel said, but Im looking forward to being part of the team, doing a little bit more than I was, just doing what I can to help out, get some wins.Coach Bruce Arians said hes very comfortable with Wetzels new role.Thats a more comfortable spot for him (than guard), and hes tough and smart, Arians said. Will he get beat? Probably now and then. They all do -- Jared did too -- but hell do fine.Wetzel agreed tackle is his best position.Ive played it more, Ive got more experience, he said. Really I only first started playing guard when I was in Dallas due to injuries, played a little bit one preseason game and thats about it.Palmer voiced confidence in Wetzel.Wetz is ready, Wetz is excited, Palmer said. When I talk about guys being here (during the bye weekend), Wetz was around, watching film, studying, working on his technique. Hes a physical specimen, so I dont think hell be one of those guys that has that kind of deer-in-the-headlights look.Its a second change on the line this season. Earl Watford is at right guard after Evan Mathis, a free agent signee in the offseason -- was lost for the season with an ankle injury at San Francisco on Oct. 6.Palmer threw for a season-high 363 yards against Carolina but was sacked a season-worst eight times.It was really the two interior guys (Iupati and Watford) whod been there, Arians said. So yeah, theyve got to protect the quarterback better and then block for the running game. The challenge never changes. Theyve got to block.The Cardinals have allowed 25 sacks this season. Only Indianapolis (30) and Cleveland (26) have given up more. Arizonas allowed 60 quarterback hits, fifth-most in the league.Wednesday was a veterans day off for Palmer. The 36-year-old quarterback said that his 14 NFL seasons have made him appreciate the extra rest.I was a gym rat for so long, he said. I want every rep and Im greedy with every rep, but Ive learned to understand the importance of recovery and rest and sleep and all those things. I understand how important it is for feeling great Sunday.Game notes Asked if he was ready to declare defensive back Tyrann Mathieu (shoulder) out for the 49er game, Arians said not yet. ... Mathieu and cornerback Tharold Simon (ankle) did not practice. ... Wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald (ankle) was among five players that were limited.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Ken Griffey Jr. Jersey . Anthony Davis had 31 points and 17 rebounds in his seventh straight game with more than 20 points, but that was only enough to keep the Pelicans competitive into the final minutes. Andrew Bogut had 10 points and 15 rebounds for Golden State, which rebounded from a loss a night earlier in Oklahoma City and snapped a two-game skid. Rob Dibble Jersey .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. https://www.cheapredsjerseys.us/205s-jim-bottomley-jersey-reds.html . -- The goal posts lying flat on the field, Arizonas fans lingered on the field, congregating around the locker room entrance nearly 30 minutes after rushing out of the stands. Kevin Gausman Jersey . The All-Pro lineman got the leg bent under him while trying to make a tackle during the first half of a 22-20 overtime loss at Miami on Thursday night. The medical staff initially thought hed torn the ligament, and the test a day later in Cincinnati confirmed it. Cheap Reds Jerseys . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. There is no indication that reverse psychology works on a racehorse, at least not like the way it does on, say, a 5-year-old, or a recalcitrant boyfriend.You can stroll past the stall of an unruly colt waving the surgical implements of castration, and he wont bat an eye. Dont eat ? see if I care is rarely deployed as a training tool.After four straight losses as the heavy choice, the 3-year-old Tizbud filly Chao Chum had Gary Stute wishing he had more hair to pull. Her maiden win last July was visually impressive, and her subsequent starts were never embarrassing, with three seconds and a third. But she was burning money like mad. Stute was beginning to wonder if he was seeing things.I even tried training her two different ways for two of her allowance losses, Stute said. I tried old school and then went new school, but it didnt make any difference. I said to hell with it. Id been running her in those allowance races and Cal-bred races thinking she couldnt lose, so I put her in a race I didnt think she could win.The race was last Sundays $100,000 Betty Grable Stakes at Del Mar, a seven-furlong main-track event that looked like a slam dunk for Nick Alexanders Enola Gray. The daughter of Grazen won a similar race at Del Mar last summer by a pole, with a speed figure that caught everyones eye. Accordingly, Enola Gray was held at a dime on the dollar for the Betty Grable.Then horse racing happened, and Chao Chum beat Enola Gray by a conclusive length and a quarter after dogging the choice from the start. Kent Desormeaux rode the winner, after Tiago Pereira had been aboard all six of her previous races.The other kid rode her fine, Stute said. But theres just something about Desormeaux. Hes got those magic hands, and some horses really respond to that magic. Hopefully, shes one of them.Theres something magic about Del Mar, as well, no matter what time of year it opens for business, although the brief fall meet, now in its third season, is still a promotional work in progress, thrashing around between holiday themes and the residue of horse racings show biz glow.Only at Del Mar would there be a race named for Betty Grable, the leggy hoofer, WWII pinup, and wife of bandleader Harry James, whose colt Big Noise won the 1951 Del Mar Futurity under Hall of Famer Ralph Neves. The glamour couple were denizens of the summer seaside meet, when Harry would give his all-star band time off and Betty would dope out the races every day in the clubhouse.Of course, theres nostalgia, then theres ancient history. Del Mars naming committeee came closer to this century with the $75,000 Let It Ride Stakes on opening Saturday, conjuring memories of the classic racetrack flick from 1989 that has supplied wiseguys with all the material theyll ever need.dddddddddddd The Exchange Rate colt Defiantly won the mile on the grass for owner Mick Ruis and trainer Craig Dollase, with Gary Stevens doing the driving.If nothing else, the fall Del Mar meet gives players on both sides of the rail a chance for a deep breath. With the Breeders Cup at Santa Anita this year, the California season had the feel of coming to a loud and dramatic end, especially after the epic Classic between Arrogate and California Chrome left everyone limp and pleading, No mas.These last two months, split between Del Mar and Los Alamitos, put decent enough purses on the table for those who step up. Trainer Mike Puype, who deserves another headline horse now that two-time Breeders Cup winner Mizdirection is a memory, came on strong with three winners from six starters opening weekend. It was no surprise to see Flavien Prat fast from the gate with four wins, but the pleasant surprise was an opening-day double from Santiago Gonzalez, who was third in the Del Mar summer standings but went cold at Santa Anita in the fall.No one deserved to celebrate more than Stute. The cigar-chomping son and former assistant of perennial Hall of Fame candidate Mel Stute has been through some dry years. By his calculations, the victory of Chao Chum was the trainers first stakes win since the 2010 San Fernando with Papa Clem.I havent had many opportunities, Stute said with a self-effacing burst of his infectious laugh. Between six and eight horses has been my barn the last couple of years. Thats gets old, and it can get you pretty sour. When I became a trainer I didnt think about the part where you had to beg owners for horses.Chao Chum was bred and is owned by a partnership of Thai businessmen whove had horses with Mel Stute in the past. Her Betty Grable victory has Gary Stute thinking he might have a player in the division, with a race like the Grade 1 La Brea Stakes in late December coming into the picture.Going into the race the other day, the La Brea never crossed my mind, Stute said. Shed let me down so much, and I never planned on her running that good. I was getting kind of depressed. Now, Ive got to at least nominate her. She might be as good as I thought she was after all. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz