Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 74 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

07.12.2019 12:24
have to stand up for people that a Antworten

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Sindarius Thornwell scored 18 points and South Carolina cruised to an 85-76 victory over Louisiana Tech on Friday night.Thornwell was 7 of 16 from the floor. PJ Dozier and Duane Notice added 17 points apiece for the Gamecocks, who overcame foul trouble and Louisiana Techs trapping defense. Thornwells steal and ensuing dunk with 2:37 left gave the Gamecocks a 10-point lead.Derric Jean had 18 points and Jacobi Boykins added 14 to lead Louisiana Tech. DaQuan Bracey and Omar Sherman chipped in 12 apiece.Trailing by 15 points early in the second half, Louisiana Tech climbed back with 3-point shooting. South Carolina began to earn more trips to the free-throw line but couldnt convert, and the Bulldogs 3s cut the deficit to 65-61 with about eight minutes to play.Thats when they cut it to four, South Carolina coach Frank Martin said. So we locked in and did a better job. We werent very good today.The teams combined for 48 fouls, and the Gamecocks made just 16 of 26 from the line. South Carolina allowed only three field goals in the final six minutes.I started off with a lot of turnovers and forcing a lot of stuff that wasnt there, Thornwell said. Once I settled down, I was all right.BIG PICTURESouth Carolina: The Gamecocks were expected to lean on their guards all season and Thornwell, Dozier, and Notice lived up to the billing.Louisiana Tech: The Bulldogs press was disrupting South Carolina all evening, leading to 15 turnovers. The problem was the Bulldogs left so many points at the rim, missing several layups.STAT OF THE NIGHTThe Gamecocks had 19 second-chance points to the Bulldogs nine, using their superior height to win the rebounding total 35-29. South Carolina hauled in 25 defensive boards.TURNING POINTThornwells dunk was the second of two straight for the Gamecocks after the Bulldogs had cut the deficit to four. The first was Silvas one-hand jam, fed from Thornwell after a Louisiana Tech missed layup.UP NEXTSouth Carolina is in a marathon sprint of three games in five days, and welcomes Holy Cross to Colonial Life Arena on Sunday. Lynn Cain Jersey Sale . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Chidi Iwuoma Jersey Sale . -- PGA TOUR Canada member Steve Saunders took a three-stroke lead Saturday in the Web. https://www.cheapsoccerjerseysjustwholesale.com/donnie-joe-morris-jersey-sale/ . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. Chris Conte Jersey Sale . On June 12, just as the sun sets on the magnificent historical city of Sao Paulo the inventors, innovators and purveyors of “joga bonitowill” open their campaign. The opponent, Croatia and all its football might and will. As opposites do attract we are set for a corker of an opener. Soccer Jerseys For Sale SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is refusing to stand for the national anthem before games because he believes the United States oppresses African Americans and other minorities.Kaepernick sat on the teams bench Friday night during the anthem before the Niners played host to the Green Bay Packers in an exhibition game. He later explained his reasoning in an interview with NFL Media .I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color, Kaepernick said. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said Saturday that players are encouraged but not required to stand during the playing of the national anthem.The 49ers issued a statement after Pro Football Talk initially reported on Kaepernicks stand, saying that Americans have the right to protest or support the anthem.The national anthem is and always will be a special part of the pregame ceremony, the team said. It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens. In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose to participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem.Coach Chip Kelly said Saturday that he had not talked with Kaepernick about his actions or comments but said that Kaepernick also did not stand for the national anthem before last weeks game in Denver when he was injured and did not play.We recognize his righht to do that, Kelly said.dddddddddddd Its not my right to tell him not to do something. Thats his right as a citizen.Kaepernick, who is biracial, was adopted and raised by white parents. He has been outspoken on his Twitter account on civil rights issues and in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.Kaepernick is not the first U.S.-based athlete to use the anthem for protest. In 1996, NBA player Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf refused to stand for the anthem, saying the United States had a history of tyranny and doing so would conflict with his Islamist beliefs. The NBA initially suspended Abdul-Rauf for his stance before it was lifted when he said he would stand and pray silently during the song.Kaepernick said he is not worried about any potential fallout from his protest.This is not something that I am going to run by anybody, he told NFL Media. I am not looking for approval. I have to stand up for people that are oppressed. ... If they take football away, my endorsements from me, I know that I stood up for what is right.Kaepernicks agent did not immediately return a request for comment.Kaepernick is in competition to win back the starting quarterback job in San Francisco that he lost to Blaine Gabbert last season. He made his first appearance of the preseason on Friday night after missing two games with a tired shoulder. He finished 2 for 6 for 14 yards and added 18 yards on four runs.Kelly said Kaepernick is still in the running to win the starting job and his protest wont impact the decision.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz