Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

07.10.2019 03:39
ohn Peers.A big Indian contingent waited patiently for the mens doubles semi-final featuring Rafael Nadal to finish on court thr Antworten

Rio -- Indias fourth-seeded pair of Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna took their first step towards an elusive Olympic medal with a 7-5, 6-4 win inside one hour and 13 minutes against the Australian duo of Samantha Stosur and John Peers.A big Indian contingent waited patiently for the mens doubles semi-final featuring Rafael Nadal to finish on court three before making their way into the premises. It was a small court but every seat was taken in the media enclosure. Among those watching was Leander Paes, who has won four mixed doubles slams over the last couple of years.Peers began the match serving strong and held his first two serves comfortably. With the balls not bouncing as much as the evening grew chillier, the Indians too held their serves quite easily. Stosur, the shortest player on court was a muscular presence, whipping groundstrokes and firing big serves in; she did not drop a point in her first two games.?The men were serving into a strong wind and the first eight games went unbroken. It was in the ninth game that the Indians made an incision, with Peers losing his serve. However, just like in the mens doubles match, Bopanna lost his serve while serving for the set on a backhand volley error by Sania.India, though, stayed focused and put Stosur under pressure right back. A third straight break gave them another opportunity to take the lead, and it was duly completed on Sanias serve.The second set began much like the first, with both teams holding serve. Bopanna faced a challenge, but Australia started to make more errors. At 2-2, Peers serve came under assault with Sania ripping a backhand that Stosur could not volley back. A double fault by Peers gave India the all-important break as yelps of Bahut acche (Very good) started to be heard from the Indians in the crowd.Sania was moving sharply now and creamed an overhead in the next game as Bopanna held serve again. The finish line was nearing, but India were not there yet.Peers avoided another break, but Bopanna was serving full strength now and finished the match off with three aces in his final game -- fittingly the last of them was on match point against Peers. It lasted just over 70 minutes and gave an Indian contingent thirsting for some success reason to cheer.The conditions are tough, especially because it is very windy. We are used to the heat but this is harder, Sania said after the match.?It is easier for the guys because they have the power. Windy is tough to play, especially when guys serve to you in the mixed it is very tough to connect on your returns. I return well normally but when its windy it takes away a big strength of mine. I was happy that I was able to connect at the crucial points and thats why we came out on top.Bopanna and Sania will next face Great Britains Andy Murray and Heather Watson in the quarterfinals.?In 2012, the Indian pair of Sania and Leander Paes had also made the quarterfinals, before going down to eventual champions Victoria Azarenka and Max Mirnyi of Belarus.I have been saying this from the very beginning how tough it is going to be to win every match here, Sania said. We play multiple grand slam winners in every match, no matter who we play either the girl or the guy has won slams.Heather is a great player, she has won a slam very recently at Wimbledon. Shes confident and we all know what a champion Andy is. We feel good to have won our first round but we obviously feel we can play better. Hopefully that will happen. Discount Shoes . A big centre with all the tools to be an elite player, Johansen paced the Blue Jackets with a standout game Saturday night. He had a goal and two assists for a career-high three points as Columbus beat the New York Islanders 5-2 to snap a five-game losing streak. Fake Shoes For Sale . Haas said he "felt a lot of pain" in his right shoulder when he slammed his racket to the ground in frustration after losing his serve at 3-3 in the first set. https://www.fakeshoeswholesale.com/ . Woodson said during a radio interview Thursday that the Knicks Carmelo Anthony doesnt get the same calls as other superstars. Shoes Sale . Ancelotti says Ronaldo has recovered from a hamstring injury but "but he doesnt feel comfortable yet so we wont risk him." Madrid is third in the Spanish league, six points behind leader Barcelona, going into Saturdays game against Valladolid. Fake Shoes . Pence singled in the winning run with no outs in the ninth inning to give the Giants a 7-6 victory over the San Diego Padres on Sunday. SALT LAKE CITY -- What started as an easy night on the court turned into another tough fourth quarter for the Utah Jazz, who blew a 19-point lead and were outscored in the period for the third straight game.Gordon Hayward scored 28 points and the Jazz held on for a 112-105 victory over the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday night, their seventh win in eight games.Its human nature, Jazz coach Quin Snyder said. When you have some separation, sometimes its easier to let down. Its something that really good teams figure out a way to overcome. I dont think were there, but we did find a way tonight.Rudy Gobert scored a career-high 22 points and had 11 rebounds and blocked four shots for the Jazz, who recovered after the Suns erased a 23-point lead to tie it at 103.Ive been working hard since I got here, Gobert said. I always want to improve, thats the main thing for me. Thats what Im going to keep doing.Hayward had 11 third-quarter points to reach 20-plus points for the ninth consecutive game -- the first Jazz player to do so since Carlos Boozer in 2007-08.The Jazz sprinted out to a 25-10 lead thanks to an 8-0 run and never trailed. They led 65-45 at halftime after Haywards pull-up 3-pointer highlighted a half-closing 11-2 stretch. The 65 points matched a Jazz season high for a half.Devin Booker scored 21 points for the Suns, who couldnt complete the comeback.That (second) unit came in and played selfless, Suns coach Earl Watson said. They gave up all their energy on defense and offensively they moved the ball, created the tempo and played amazing perimeter defense.TIP-INSSuns: Phoenix turned over the ball 13 times in the first half and Utah converted them into 19 points. ... The Suns made six 3-pointers after hitting 10 in the previous three games.Jazz: George Hill missed his fourth consecutive game with a sprained left big toe. ... Hill and Haywardd have played just five games together and the Jazz are 5-0 in those games.dddddddddddd... Rodney Hood did not return after halftime with a sore right hamstring.BACK ON THE BENCHSnyder was the latest member of the Jazz to be forced from a game due to a physical ailment. He missed Mondays game against the Lakers due to an illness, but returned Tuesday. Snyder said its the first time hes ever missed a game as an assistant or head coach in 20 years.It was strange, Snyder said. I had a small fever and then about midway through the fourth quarter, my fever jumped to over 103. So it was good I wasnt out there. It would have been unfair to the players and the staff.HEY HEY, HAYWARDHayward is averaging career highs in points and rebounds and is playing at an All-Star level. Watson played three seasons in Utah, Haywards first three seasons.He reminded me of a young Jerry West, Watson said. Gordon has it, man. ... I knew it, I could see it immediately. There was something special about him. The unique part about him is he can impact the game beyond scoring.I remember Gordon just had this unique way about him. It was his rookie year. We played the Lakers. ... Gordon Hayward ran a pick-and-roll going to his left, Kobe was chasing him. Gordon jumped, lost the ball in the air, jumped off the right leg, got the ball and dunked it. I was like, `Oh (shoot) this kid is special.QUOTABLEWe got to understand that the game is not over until it is finished and we believe that, Suns guard Leandro Barbosa said.UP NEXTSuns: Phoenix hosts a Pacers team it beat by 20 in Indiana in their last meeting on Nov. 18.Jazz: Utah hosts Golden State on Thursday in their first meeting since Kevin Durant joined the Warriors during the offseason. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz