Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 60 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

06.10.2019 03:40
me. Ive been fortunately pretty healthy throughout my career," Wright said in a soft tone after the Mets lost 4-3 in 12 innings Antworten

MIAMI -- With six simple words, LeBron James explained the philosophy behind the way he now plays the game. "Ive done more and lost before." Such was the response to a question presented to him Saturday -- one day before he and the Miami Heat take on the San Antonio Spurs and try to even the NBA Finals at a game apiece -- about the perception that he needs to be more aggressive at times. It was almost as though he was waiting for such a query, because he had his answer at the ready. In short, James has put up awesome numbers in past playoffs but never got the awesome result he sought for nearly a decade until last season, when he and the Heat won a title. "When I was in Cleveland we played Orlando in the Eastern Conference finals and I think I averaged 38, 36, or whatever I averaged," James said, referring to the 2009 series where he averaged 38.5 points, 8.3 rebounds and 8 assists. "I guess I should have done more in that series as well. But I cant. ... I do whats best for the team. Whats best for the team, it doesnt always result in a win." Case in point: Orlando won that series in six games. Case in point again: James had a triple-double, one of the longtime gold standards in defining an outstanding all-around basketball game, in Game 1 of these finals against the Spurs -- an 18-point, 18-rebound, 10-assist effort. But it came in a loss in which he took only 16 shots, so the second-guessing was predictable and prevalent. And on Saturday, James style of play got defended -- not just by those on his side, but also by the guy leading the other side. "Hes a grown man," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "He doesnt need any of you to tell him anything. He knows more than all of you put together. He understands the game. If he makes a pass and you all think he should have shot it, or he shoots it and you think he should have made a pass, your opinions mean nothing to him, as they should not mean anything to him." James will be judged by history when he leaves the game. But for now, hes often judged against his own history. Perhaps the most memorable game of his Miami tenure was Game 6 of last seasons Eastern Conference finals at Boston, when he put up a 45-point, 15-rebound effort to simply dominate the Celtics and force a Game 7 -- which the Heat won for a trip to the NBA Finals. Its often forgotten that he scored 45 points in a playoff game at Boston once before, in what was the final game of Clevelands 2007-08 season. "The Game 6 in Boston, I mean, that was LeBron James Show," Heat guard Dwyane Wade said. "We did our job defensively, but we gave him the ball and got ... out of the way. That was the moment, us being able to go into that game and for him to perform the way he did and us being able to dominate the way we did, that was the moment I said, Yeah, were a championship team." Still, Wade was asked, isnt it unfair to expect that level of James in every game? "Well, yeah," Wade said. "But LeBron can do whatever he wants. He can control the game in any number of ways." James created a stir during this years East finals when he said he had to revert to his Cleveland way of thinking and assume more of the offensive workload. That was when Chris Bosh was struggling and Wade was particularly slowed by the right knee pain that hes battled -- unsuccessfully at times -- for about three months. After all, when he left Cleveland as a free agent after seven seasons and came to Miami in 2010, he said he wanted to be part of a better overall team that could contend every year for titles. And clearly, given that the Heat are in the finals for the third time in three seasons and have a chance to win back-to-back titles, hes gotten his wish. "I wish we could go 16-0 in the playoffs," James said. "That would be awesome. Theres challenges that come from the game. You learn from game to game in ways that you can get better. I want to win just as bad as anyone. Im going to put myself and my team in a position to win. I have to try to make the plays. I cant worry about if people are saying, You should have done more, you should have been more aggressive because you got a loss." As for whats in store for Game 2, James insists he does not know. He often has said he doesnt predetermine how hes going to play -- try to score more, pass more -- before a game and just lets the flow and what his team ultimately needs be his guide. And hes reiterated that stance between Games 1 and 2 of this series. As long as Miami wins, his stat line, he insists, will not matter. "The Spurs did a good job of shrinking the floor ... so if thats their game plan, were going to continue to exploit that," James said. "And I believe our guys will be there to knock those shots down. But theres also a few plays I could have been more aggressive as well. But Game 1, I think I improve as the series goes on as well, seeing ways I can be more aggressive from possession to possession." Trevor Richards Rays Jersey . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. Mike Brosseau Rays Jersey . In the lead up - which seemed to begin the moment Mike Geiger blew the whistle in Houston last Thursday night - the Impact rumour mill went into overdrive. The speculation went into meltdown mode, of the golden nugget variety. https://www.cheapraysonline.com/1756i-joe-maddon-jersey-rays.html . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season. Chaz Roe Rays Jersey . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Willy Adames Rays Jersey . Jeff Green scored 13 points and Kris Humphries 12 for the Celtics, who nearly blew an 18-point, second-half lead. Sullingers 20-20 was the first by a Celtics player since Kevin Garnetts first game in Boston in 2007. Garnett was dealt -- along with Paul Pierce -- to Brooklyn during the off-season. NEW YORK -- David Wright walked slowly back into the New York Mets clubhouse after most of his teammates were already gone and discussed a topic as foreign to him as any -- watching games instead of playing in them. That is the new reality for the All-Star third baseman and team captain, at least for the next 3 to 5 weeks, because a hamstring injury sustained Friday night has relegated him to being a spectator. "This is something relatively new to me. Ive been fortunately pretty healthy throughout my career," Wright said in a soft tone after the Mets lost 4-3 in 12 innings to the Kansas City Royals on Saturday, hours after he went on the disabled list. Wright was dealing with a sore hamstring for about a week, but decided to play through it at Washington and Miami. He believed it was more of a cramp than anything serious, trusting he knew the difference between being hurt and being injured. "We take pride in going out there and playing through certain things. I certainly do that," he said. "I didnt think by going out there and playing that this would happen. I dont think anybody thought this would happen." Wright underwent an MRI on Saturday morning and found out the news he was already somewhat expecting. Although he tried to play at a curbed level to protect himself, the natural instinct took over when he sensed he would beat out an infield hit in the 10th inning Friday night. "I dont think there is any way it could have been prevented, but here we are and you deal with it," said Wright, who has played in 105 of New Yorks 108 games this season. New York would go on to win 4-2 in 11 innings on Friday without him, but couldnt make it two straight. "There are certain guys you really almost cant afford to lose," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "He would fit that category for us. "David Wright is a star and youre going to miss his presence in your lineup. Any team that loses their number one player, its a huge hole to fill." The Mets recalled outfielder Mike Baxter from Triple-A Las Vegas, and he arrived in New York on Saturday morning from Nashville, Tenn., where the minor league club is playing. Justin Turner took Wrights place at third base on Saturday, and first baseman Josh Satin filled his No. 3 slot in the batting order. Satin had a two-run single to tie the game in the eighth inning Saturday. Collins wouldnt commit to any plan beyond Saturday. ";We may have to make some lineup adjustments if its going to be a long-term thing," he said.dddddddddddd "If its going to be two weeks, maybe we can just buy some time with some other guys." One possibility Collins offered is moving Daniel Murphy from second base back to third, which might be his best position. "Somebody has got to hit third on this team, too," Collins said. "Thats another hole to fill. Somebody has got to do it. You cant sit there on a daily basis and say, Gee, David is not here. We know hes not here. "Were not asking anybody to try to be David. Theyve got to be themselves, but somebody has got to hit in those lineups. We just cant leave it blank." Baxter was sent down to Las Vegas, along with first baseman Ike Davis on June 9 when Satin was called up. Davis has also since returned to the Mets. Baxter batted .212 with no home runs and four RBIs in 85 at-bats over 41 games with the Mets earlier this season. "Anytime you get sent down youre always hoping you get a chance to come back. You dont take that for granted," Baxter said. "I really wish it wasnt on these terms. Watching David getting hurt last night, nobody really wants to see that. He is the heart of this team. "Somebody is going to have to step up and were going to have to try to pick up the slack for him. Its a big hole to fill. I dont know if one guy can do it. Its probably going to have to come from a couple of us. Hopefully we do." The Mets were already dealing with multiple injuries in the bullpen on Friday before Wright got hurt. New York closer Bobby Parnell is unavailable until at least Sunday because of a stiff neck. Left-handed setup man Josh Edgin went on the disabled list on Friday, and is expected to be sidelined 4 to 6 weeks because of a stress fracture in a rib. Veteran reliever Pedro Feliciano was brought up on Friday from Las Vegas and he made his first major league appearance since 2010. Carlos Torres, who was scheduled to be Saturdays starter, was returned to the bullpen on Friday, and he earned the win with a two-inning effort. He will stay as a reliever for now as the Mets are abandoning their six-man rotation until Jonathon Niese returns soon from a shoulder injury. Jeremy Hefner was moved up from his Sunday start to pitch in Torres place against the Royals on Saturday. Zack Wheeler, used as a pinch-runner on Friday, will take the mound Sunday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz