Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

11.08.2019 04:01
r, have wives and children.There are also fewer boys than girls who pursue the sport in the U.S. because of fewer collegiate opp Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- U.S. mens gymnastics coach Mark Williams watched the womens team in awe.It was only the opening night of competition, the team qualifications. But Williams later called it one of the best gymnastics meets Ive ever watched.It was a statement of national pride. And at the same time, speaking minutes after the U.S. mens team finished fifth in team finals for the second consecutive Olympic Games, it was an expression of envy.How can the men get what the women -- one night later, gold medalists for the second straight Olympics -- now possess as almost their brand? And, because this is what we do in our country, what in heavens name is wrong with the mens program.Im open to suggestions, Williams said.The men lost because they uncharacteristically stumbled on three occasions they normally would not -- two performers on floor and a third on high bar.Weve got to figure it out so guys arent flustered by anything and its just a day at the office, he said. Watching the womens team last night was so impressive. It was amazing. We want to be like that.The U.S. mens team is as likeable a bunch of elite athletes as youre ever going to find. They are unabashedly spirited and optimistic, personified by Sam Mikulaks infectious cheerleading and urging himself and his teammates to put on a show.After Monday nights team final, the five were as stand-up as could be, facing reporters for every last question, including Danell Leyva, who committed the final error of the night when he lost his grip on high bar. And all stood solidly behind Leyva, consoling him in the moment and later emphasizing the teams responsibility for falling from second place in qualifications to fifth, two nights later.It would be easy to be skeptical at Mikulak suggesting that the chest-pounding spirit that fueled a late rally should have accompanied the team as it took the floor. Just as you can wonder if they have a so-called killer instinct when you hear Alex Naddour say, We always say we want to get a medal, we want to be out on the podium, but we want to go out there and put our hearts out there and thats what we did.Leyva unabashedly raved about Simone Biles last week, calling the 19-year-old a huge role model of mine, honestly.Like huge, he said. Ive been trying to emulate the way she goes about her gymnastics. She enjoys it. The last two years just watching her really helped me enjoy my gymnastics more.Williams said after watching the women in qualifications, I was hoping that we would come out and be on fire as well. Theres got to be that energy, he said. Simone is just so comfortable out on the floor. It would be great to have that. Paul Hamm sort of had that spark where he led the team in 2004 and kind of put the team on his back, and that certainly helps. It makes everyone feel comfortable.Talking about the womens team, Anthony Hernandez, the father of Laurie, one of its gold-medal winning members, said the women embrace pressure and clearly its a recurring theme.This is easy for them, Hernandez said. I dont mean it lightly, but Martha [Karolyi], shes always on top of things. Shes always having mock competitions at the ranch, so these young ladies are battle-tested. So when they come out here, yeah, sure, theres anxiety, but theyre used to the wars.The women also work with a sports psychology coach whom Biles and Hernandez have praised for helping them deal with the stress and pressure of competition.The same coach, Robert Andrews, worked with the men before the 2012 Olympics, but he said not everyone bought into what he was trying to teach, which included overcoming injuries. And in an interview with ESPN.com on Monday, he lashed out at USA Gymnastics, blaming selfishness for the mens current deficiencies.The sad thing for me was USA Gymnastics paid my way to London, gave me tickets and I never got to see the team while I was in London, Andrews said this week in an interview with ESPN.coms Alyssa Roenigk. Certain individuals in the system wouldnt give me access to the team and it backfired. Poor decisions were made by one or two people at USA Gymnastics that affected their confidence and belief, and it shook that whole system and those guys went onto that floor fragile because of those decisions.Andrews, now working with the Houston Texans, blamed one or two people within the program who wanted to control things and have all the glory and said, This is how weve always done it, and they wanted to make the Olympics about them.This is going to piss some people off that Im saying this, but Im OK with that, Andrews continued. It was wrong. Their decisions backfired and those guys went onto the floor [at the 2012 Games] confused and distracted, and the result showed. It took me months to get over that. What we could have done with that team in London and if we had the chance to build upon that in 2016 -- I had guys calling me three years later asking me to come back to the program.There are other, pragmatic reasons for why the U.S. men are not better. And a pretty good source in one of the greatest male gymnasts in history believes it is not fair to compare them to the women.The [U.S. women] can go out and have a terrible meet tonight and theyll still likely win the team competition, Bart Conner, a two-time gold medalist in the all-around and team competition at the 1984 Olympics, said Tuesday afternoon before the womens final. An important distinction to realize in this period of time is that there is a very big difference in mens and womens gymnastics.With the large emigration of Eastern European coaches to the U.S. some 30 years ago, womens programs in countries like Belarus, Bulgaria, Ukraine and Romania, the homeland of Conners wife Nadia Comaneci, as well as China, were decimated, Conner reminded us. And they still have not recovered.Its a double-edged sword because weve benefited from their expertise, Conner said. The U.S. women have never been better and the rest of the world has never been worse. Romania doesnt even have a full team. The Belarus team is made up of gymnasts from California who have never been to Belarus.The U.S. women are magnificent and unbeatable. But its more competitive in mens competition. The top six to eight programs are all magnificent. One or two mistakes in the mens competition and youre off the podium.Conner also pointed out the inherent difference between male and female gymnasts. While women are typically in their teens with lives relatively uncomplicated, the men are often dealing with post-college careers and some, such as Alex Naddour, have wives and children.There are also fewer boys than girls who pursue the sport in the U.S. because of fewer collegiate opportunities for males. In 2015, there were 63 womens Division I programs to just 15 mens programs.There probably needs to be a complete review on how to improve performance or results [for the U.S. national team], Connor said. I think they need to do a little soul-searching to find out how to get a little better. But I dont think theres need for a dramatic overhaul. Theyre pretty close. ... Its not in a state of catastrophe.Williams praised Martha Karolyi, the 73-year-old Hungarian-Romanian national team coordinator for the womens program, for getting it right. Martha and husband Bela defected to the U.S. from Romania in 1981, and they have trained nine Olympic champions.By getting it right, Martha Kraolyi is the one voice for the womens programs and there is cohesion in their program that does not exist with the men.Its difficult because we have so many different places theyre coming from, Williams said. But there should be a very strong voice that makes it so that everyone is doing what theyre told to do and that doesnt always happen.Martha Karolyi was asked on Tuesday if she still intends to retire as womens national team coordinator, and she said yes. She was then half-jokingly asked if the U.S. mens program had contacted her, and she laughed and said, No, no. They didnt. I dont know what happened with their program. Theyre very strong gymnasts. .... I think somewhere the consistency is lacking.With 32 years marking the most recent mens team gold medal, clearly something has to change. Air Max 180 Ultramarine . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. Nike Off White Zoom Fly .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. http://www.nikeoffwhite.it/nike-air-max-180.html . The Masters champion and winner of last weeks Australian PGA has a three-round total of 14-under 199 at Royal Melbourne. "Im in a really good position for tomorrow," Scott said. Air Max 2018.5 . -- Stanfords Kevin Danser knelt on one knee and hardly moved on the sideline as Michigan State celebrated its Rose Bowl victory and his Cardinal teammates made their way to the locker room. Air Max 98 Qs Thunder Blue .J. -- Marshawn Lynch said Thursday it will be good to get back to football after the Seattle quiet talking running back wrapped up his final mandatory media session of Super Bowl week. UPPER ARLINGTON, Ohio -- Miguel Angel Jimenez was back on top on a Saturday, this time in the U.S. Senior Open at difficult Scioto County Club. The 52-year-old Spanish player was looking for a better late Sunday afternoon result after missing chances in his last two events.Jimenez put himself in position to break out of the title funk Saturday, finishing off a 1-under 69 in gusty wind and sheets of rain to take a one-stroke lead. He was in a lot better shape in Scotland and Minnesota in the last two tournaments -- and came up empty.Three weeks ago at Carnoustie in the Senior British Open, Jimenez took a four-stroke lead into the last day, only to shoot 75 and tie for third -- three strokes behind winner Paul Broadhurst. Last week in the 3M Championship, Jimenez was a stroke ahead entering the final round and ended up losing when Joe Durant shot 63 and eagled the first hole of a playoff.Just keep playing golf and give myself patience. Thats the main thing, Jimenez said. Whatever happens, happens. Obviously, at the Open in Scotland, I lost that tournament there without playing bad, and here tomorrow we have to play 18 holes, and whatever happens happens. Just keep focused and enjoy yourself. Thats the main thing.Jimenez won in Mississippi in March for his third career PGA Tour Champions victory. He has 15 regular European Tour victories, the last in the 2014 Spanish Open at a tour-record 50 years, 133 days. And The Mechanic is famous for the quirky, fun-loving ways that have prompted some to call him The Most Interesting Man in the World.Of course, you have to enjoy yourself, and I enjoy myself, Jimenez said. You look at my office, no? Its a great life, no? Thats what I want to do in my life is play golf. I will do what I want to do in my life for a living, and golf is not my job. Its also my hobby. Of course, when I finish here, Im going to have a big fat cigar with a nice glass of wine and enjoy my wife and my family and my people who are here.ddddddddddddJimenez had a 3-under 207 total on Jack Nicklaus boyhood course. Gene Sauers was second after a 71. Ian Woosnam (70), Loren Roberts (70) and senior newcomer Billy Mayfair (75) were tied for third at 1 over.Jimenez was one of just four players who were below par for the day. Three strokes behind Joey Sindelar entering the round, Jimenez had four birdies and three bogeys, with the three bogeys coming in a four-hole stretch. After making two birdies on the front nine, he birdied the 12th, bogeyed 13 and 14, birdie 15, bogeyed 16 and finished with two pars just as sheets of driving rain rolled in on top of the suffocating heat and humidity that has worn down the players all week.The conditions, they are tough today, especially because of the wind, Jimenez said. The greens were softer on the first two rounds, but its the gusting wind there that (makes it) not easy to choose the club, the right club. Sometimes it will go a place that you dont (want) to.Sauers also battled the wind and had four birdies and five bogeys.The heat, the wind, the rain on the last hole -- it was a brutal day, said the 53-year-old Sauers, winless on the senior tour.Sindelar had a 77 to drop into a tie for sixth at 2 over.Golfs hard, the 58-year-old former Ohio State player said. U.S. Opens harder. And I thought for the most part, I was pretty happy with the way I played. It wasnt horrible. Just a couple of uglies, and it played hard out there. Problem is, weve got a pretty good guy out there in the lead and a couple more really good ones right behind him.First-round leader Vijay Singh was 6 over, following his opening 66 with two 75s. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz