Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 70 mal aufgerufen
 News
LAM Offline

28.09.2018 01:54
was never afraid to walk away for stretches on his own principles to explore new opportunities, knowing that his talent would o Antworten

Ariel Teal Toombs likes to say that her father, WWE Hall of Famer Rowdy Roddy Piper, lived the equivalent of 10 lifetimes over the span of 61 years.Piper, who died of a heart attack in July 2015, was one of the most beloved heels in pro wrestling history and went on to success as a Hollywood actor. But it was outside the realm of entertainment that Piper, born Roderick George Toombs, endured and overcame the most -- from an unforgiving childhood in tiny, remote parts of Canada, to beating cancer in his 50s.He was a very unique person, obviously, she said. But Roderick George Toombs story, to me, is more interesting than Rowdy Roddy Piper.For Toombs, one of four children born to Piper and his wife, Kitty, the opportunity to share her fathers story with the world was one she couldnt pass up. Toombs, 31, herself an actress and singer/songwriter, teamed up with her younger brother, Colt Baird Toombs, a former MMA fighter and aspiring pro wrestler, to author a biography titled Rowdy: The Roddy Piper Story.It was a project Piper began himself in the years before his death, an opportunity to shed the Roddy Piper image, his daughter said, and move on to a different chapter in his life. For Piper, the journey included trips back to his Canadian roots to meet with family and friends to hear their stories.Ultimately, it was a journey that was cut short by his death. Three months later, Craig Pyette, the books editor, approached Toombs and her brother and asked about their interest in taking the finished research and recordings and completing the project.Toombs was initially reluctant, with the emotional wound still so fresh, but the process forced her to deal with her fathers death in a way that also helped the impact of his life resonate for so many others. It was a decision Toombs deemed the most emotionally rewarding project she had ever taken on.One of Pipers greatest motives in writing the book was to get to know himself better, his daughter said. But the process ultimately helped Toombs and her brother do the same, with the subsequent interviews of Pipers pro wrestling contemporaries helping to bring him back to life.It was just very nostalgic, and we almost got fatherly advice [from him] after the fact when people told stories, she said. I think that we are very blessed, because a lot of times when people have a loved one pass away, they dont get the chance to learn new things about them.Toombs hopes that fans of Piper will draw inspiration from the many hardships in her fathers life that he was able to turn into positives. The book goes into great detail describing just how much the harsh realities of Pipers youth helped shape the wrestling character he would become, as he was forced to be clever just to get by.He was never a scholar, but he was a very street-smart person, and he got that from his youth and just being forced into survival, Toombs said. For some people, that breaks them, and for other people it pushes them to do more with themselves.Piper built a reputation as one of the biggest rebels in pro wrestling history -- both on screen and off. Not only was he a staunch protector of the business from outsiders (a prevailing theme in his feud with actor Mr. T), he refused -- often quite literally -- to lay down for anyone when it didnt make sense (which explains why so many of his matches with Hulk Hogan ended without a clean finish).In many ways, Pipers life was a constant cycle of fighting and survival. Oftentimes it wasnt pretty, including his adjustment back to life after the end of his wrestling career. To that end, his children made it a point not to sugarcoat his struggles.We wanted everything to be honest and factual, Toombs said. He had instances that might have not shown him in the best light, but that was part of who he was, and we wanted to come from a place of truth so that everyone would know who this person was outside the ring.Toombs, who was raised in Oregon, moved to Los Angeles after high school to chase her dreams of becoming an entertainer. In the process, she spent almost a decade getting to know her father on a deeper level as an adult, including a stretch in which the two lived together and Piper became a mentor of sorts -- passing down his insatiable work ethic.A quick-witted master on the microphone, Piper not only left behind countless stories of overnight road trips in his wrestling days (when he would stay up brainstorming one-liners as others slept), he left behind notebooks filled with ideas that Toombs often glances at to this day.You can see where he came up with [the line] Just when you think you have the answers, I change the questions, she said. So he would think of things like that so that when he was performing and an opportunity presented itself, he would have cards in his deck to play.I think thats probably the most valuable lesson he taught me. You have to live it and breathe it. You have to do it all the time, Toombs continued. You have to be constantly working on your craft, and you have to be prepared. As great as he was at improv, he really did put a lot of work in behind the scenes.When it comes to Toombs interest in following her father into the wrestling business, a TMZ report from October linked her name with the daughters of Hulk Hogan, Diamond Dallas Page, Kerry Von Erich and Jean-Claude Van Damme about starting an all-womens wrestling promotion.While Toombs said she cant comment on it at the moment, she described her bond with the other famous daughters as a sisterhood due to how much they can relate to the hardships and weird things each family has experienced. Toombs is also 100 percent on board with anything that helps push her fathers legacy forward.What I will say is that I do feel an obligation to carry the torch a little bit, she said. Im an actor and a singer-songwriter first and foremost, but I take a lot of pride in the [wrestling] industry and everything my dad built -- and I dont want to see that die.When it comes to Pipers legacy, Toombs believes there are multiple layers. She credits his ability to make the underdog a star, as well as his legendary stubbornness behind the scenes, in helping the industry evolve from its Wild West early days. In that regard, Piper was never afraid to walk away for stretches on his own principles to explore new opportunities, knowing that his talent would one day allow him to return.I think he really made sure that you cant bury talent, Toombs said. That is what saved his career, and he was always very careful to preserve that as much as he could. I think that did a lot in making sure that the talent and the work paid off for these guys down the road. [Pro wrestling] is a much better place now than when it first got started as [far as] how they take care of people and having your family there. While Toombs believes Piper will most be remembered as a great heel, its the love he received from fans that will endure.He was one of the most hated villains, and then two years later he was one of the most beloved, Toombs said. Thats something that didnt happen at the time. People learned to love the art of the villain through him, and really started rooting for the heel.In the end, Toombs hopes the book will help Pipers many fans finally get to know the person she will best remember him as: George Roderick Toombs, or simply, Dad. And her favorite story that explains his unique character goes back to when she was 15.Toombs accompanied Piper on a business trip to Los Angeles, where her teenage mind envisioned a tourist journey to see Marilyn Monroes handprints and the iconic Hollywood sign. But as soon as the two of them entered the rental car, Toombs received a much different tour.He takes me down to this really ghetto alley somewhere off of Venice Beach and was like, This is where I slept on the streets when I was your age, Toombs recalled with a laugh. And then he would be like, A woman got murdered right outside my window when I lived in this guys basement.Toombs claimed the tour ended with her father illegally driving the car onto Venice Beach at night. Soon, the two were startled by a scary individual who approached the vehicle.This person came up to us and was kind of being intimidating and was hitting on the window, Toombs said. He was obviously crazy. So my dad kind of swerved like he was going to hit him, and I freaked out and was like, Dad, what are you doing?!He was like, Oh, honey, its a rental. They will never link it back to us.When Toombs returned to Oregon, she was greeted by friends excitedly asking about which famous Hollywood sites she had seen. All she could say was that she had received the wrestlers tour.And my dad thought that was so funny, because in his heart of hearts, he thought he was giving me this amazing retrospective L.A. tour, she said. I saw none of the things I wanted to see, but I loved it. Thats kind of how my whole childhood was. We had a great time, and I wouldnt have it any other way.Rowdy: The Roddy Piper Story is in stores now. http://www.brownsrookiestore.com/Browns-Cody-Kessler-Jersey/ .J. Jefferson has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend. http://www.brownsrookiestore.com/Browns-Jamar-Taylor-Jersey/ . A knee to the thigh might have stung him the most, but his sixth straight double-double made up for the brief burst of pain. http://www.brownsrookiestore.com/Customized/ . Boucher previously coached the Tampa Bay Lightning and had a 97-78-20 record over two-plus seasons. He was dismissed by the team last March after the Lightning struggled in the lockout-shortened season with a 13-18-1 record. http://www.brownsrookiestore.com/Browns-Zane-Gonzalez-Jersey/ . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. http://www.brownsrookiestore.com/Browns-Larry-Ogunjobi-Jersey/ . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. Rory Best has admitted Ireland are frustrated and annoyed at blowing the chance for a second win over New Zealand in as many weeks.The Irish captain revealed Ireland knew they had let the All Blacks off the hook in Dublin, as New Zealand sneaked home 21-9 at the Aviva Stadium.Ireland claimed their first-ever win over New Zealand at Chicagos Soldier Field, but could find no repeat two weeks on despite dominating territory and possession.Johnny Sexton is a serious doubt for Irelands final autumn clash with Australia next weekend, with CJ Stander, Rob Kearney and Robbie Henshaw all facing concussion checks.Were frustrated and annoyed, said Best. But weve got to park a bit of that as well, and make sure we move onto focusing on Australia. When we look back on it though well feel we didnt attack them enough.Referee Jaco Peyper awarded New Zealand the pivotal score without any thought of a television match official (TMO) review. Beauden Barretts inside pass offload to TJ Perenara appeared forward, but Peyper waved away Ireland captain Bests lengthy protests after Malakai Fekitoas score.Both Best and Ireland boss Joe Schmidt refused to be drawn into any critique of the referees performance, hoowever.dddddddddddd Fekitoa claimed a try brace but was also yellow-carded for a high tackle on Simon Zebo.Barrett claimed New Zealands other try, with Ireland only able to muster three penalty goals. We have three guys getting head injury assessments; Rob Kearney, Robbie Henshaw and CJ Stander, said Schmidt.It looks like Johnny Sexton has a hamstring issue, so well find out in the next couple of days what chance he has of being available for next weekend. Youve got to take heart from our performance that but its not good enough, losing.They were pretty relieved to get off the pitch. I thought we probably didnt get the rub of the green on one or two calls, but thats something that can be a distraction. Well leave that to the authorities, well feed our feedback through the appropriate channels.Theyll send out edicts and well try to keep the game safe and make it enjoyable. The one thing Id say for the players, they enjoyed rolling their sleeves up and giving it their best shot. We are frustrated. To be honest Im really proud of the effort the players put in.? Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online NFL Jerseys From China Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Jerseys From China China Womens NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz