Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 52 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

16.06.2019 03:26
the third quarter after he aggravated a left hamstring injury.McCoy, ranked second in the NFL in rushing, had been questionable Antworten

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Virginia Tech proved it can overcome a slow start and turnovers.The Hokies fell behind by 17 points early and trailed by 10 to start the fourth quarter, but Jerod Evans guided them to a touchdown and a pair of field goals by Joey Slye in the quarter to beat Notre Dame 34-31 Saturday.Evans threw for 267 yards and two touchdowns and ran for another in intermittent snow and 20 mph winds. The Hokies (8-3) had been 0-3 when trailing at halftime this season and minus-9 in turnovers in its three losses. Evans threw an interception on a pass that bounced off the hands of Cam Phillips and fumbled when he was sacked, leading to 10 points by the Irish on the two turnovers.Evans said the Hokies knew the game wasnt over after falling behind 17-0.We know were more than capable of doing of what we do with the high-powered offense, so you dont lose confidence easily when youve got that type of talent, he said.The Virginia Tech defense shut down the Irish offense in the second half. After giving up 299 yards in total offense, the Hokies held the Irish to 150 yards in the second half -- with 67 yards of that came on a touchdown run by Josh Adams that extended Notre Dames lead to 31-21 and 57 coming on the final drive of the game.They hit us on a couple of plays early that they had not shown, but our kids hung in there, Virginia Tech defensive coordinator Bud Foster said. It was a tale of two halves. They did some unique things and we adjusted.DeShone Kizer, who was 13-of-18 passing for 199 yards with two touchdowns in the first half, was just 3 of 15 for 36 yards in the second half.We had some balls that were catchable that we didnt catch. I just dont think we executed quite as well offensively, Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly said.Virginia Tech coach Justin Fuente said the Hokies simply played better after halftime.I dont think there was any great revelation at halftime. Its just, weve got to play better, he said. We were out there dropping the ball on the ground, giving up big plays. Just not playing Virginia Tech football. I think guys kind of settled down and got their feet underneath them and felt like if theyd just execute theyd have a chance to have success. Thats what they did.THE TAKEAWAYVirginia Tech: A solid performance after a slow start should give the Hokies confidence as they try to clinch the ACC Coastal Division.Notre Dame: It was the same old story for the Irish, who squandered a double-digit lead in a loss for the third time this season. The loss clinched a losing season for the Irish, just the 14th time in 128 seasons of playing football and the first since going 3-9 in 2007.POLL IMPLICATIONS: The win against the Irish could get the Hokies back in the poll.UNWANTED RECORDThe loss drops Kellys record to 59-30 in seven seasons at Notre Dame, tying him with Lou Holtz for most losses at the school. Holtz was 100-30-2 in 11 seasons. Kelly will finish with only his second losing season in 26 seasons as coach. Central Michigan finished 4-7 in his first year as head coach there in 2004.UP NEXTVirginia Tech: The Hokies finish the regular season with their annual game against rival Virginia. The Hokies have beaten the Cavaliers 12 straight times.Notre Dame: The Irish finish the season against rival USC. In their last trip to face the Trojans in 2014, the Irish were blown out 49-14. The Irish have won three of the last four in the series.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. Wholesale Custom Sabres Shirts .Y. -- Bills receiver Stevie Johnson has a bone to pick with the NFL schedule maker. Cheap Custom Sabres Jersey . Oyama had six birdies and two bogeys at Kintetsu Kashikojima in the event also sanctioned by the Japan LPGA Tour. "I have been having this neck ache thats been affecting my golf recently," Oyama said. http://www.customsabresjersey.com/ . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Custom Sabres Jerseys . Vaives lawyer Trevor Whiffen claims the former 50-goal man wasnt provided with a copy of the claim beforehand and that he would not have agreed to the allegations made against the NHL had he been asked to review its contents. Cheap Sabres Jerseys . Down by seven with 90 seconds left in regulation, thats where they looked comfortable. MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- As the NFLs newest rushing star, Jay Ajayi is carrying the Miami Dolphins toward respectability.Ajayi tied a league record by surpassing 200 yards rushing for the second game in a row, helping Miami rally past the Buffalo Bills 28-25 Sunday.Ajayi rushed for 214 yards in 29 carries after totaling 204 yards a week earlier in a win over Pittsburgh. He scored on a 4-yard run , and busted a 53-yarder when the Dolphins were pinned at their 3 and trailing in the fourth quarter.The Dolphins (3-4) used an extra lineman much of the time to clear big holes for Ajayi, who tied the record for consecutive 200-yard games held by O.J. Simpson, Earl Campbell and Ricky Williams.Its surreal to me, Ajayi said. The backs Im in company with -- thats huge. Those are Hall of Fame guys, guys I look up to.Two weeks ago the Dolphins appeared strong contenders for the No. 1 draft pick in 2017, and the discovery of a ground game has revived their season under first-year coach Adam Gase.I know this -- every time No. 23 kept getting the ball, he was popping a run, Gase said. I was leaning on him.Miami overcame an 11-point deficit with 16 minutes left to end a four-game winning streak by the Bills (4-3) and beat them for only the second time in their past seven meetings.We got outplayed, we got outcoached, we got out-everythinged, Buffalo coach Rex Ryan said. They were the more physical team today, theres no doubt about that. They controlled the game.With Ajayi briefly sidelined by cramps, Damien Williams carried half the Bills weary defense into the end zone on a 12-yard touchdown run that put the Dolphins ahead with 3:56 to go. On their next possession, Ryan Tannehill hit Kenny Stills for a 66-yard score that made it 28-17.The Dolphins recovered an onside kick with 13 seconds left to seal the victory.Tyrod Taylor threw long to Marquise Goodwin for a 67-yard touchdown that put the Bills up 17-6 midway through the third quarter. The Dolphins responded with a 75-yard drive for their first touchdown, and scored 22 points in the final 15:18.EMERGING STAR: Ajayi, a second-year pro from Boise State, is the only NFL rusher with a 200-yard game this year. He ran for 187 yards as a rookie and totaled 117 in Miamis first fivee games this year before his breakout.ddddddddddddThe kid made some good runs, ran through some tackles, Ryan said. He did a great job bouncing and cutting it back.GIMPY McCOY: While Miamis ground game clicked, Bills running back LeSean McCoy left in the third quarter after he aggravated a left hamstring injury.McCoy, ranked second in the NFL in rushing, had been questionable after hurting himself in practice Wednesday. He said he felt great in warmups and started the game, but the injury began to bother him in the second half.I tried to take off and felt a little pain, and it just didnt feel right, McCoy said. I came out, thats the smart thing. I didnt want to reinjure anything.McCoy totaled 11 yards in eight carries.ILLEGAL HIT: Bills safety Aaron Williams missed the second half with a head and neck injury when blocked illegally by receiver Jarvis Landry, who was flagged for unnecessary roughness.Landry led with his shoulder, launched into Williams and hit him high. Williams remained on his back for a couple of minutes before he slowly rose and was led to the locker room.When asked if the hit was dirty, Landry said, Call it what you want. Its football.Williams was still under observation after the game, Ryan said. The veteran safety missed most of last season when he underwent neck surgery following an injury that threatened his career.EDGE IN STATS: The Dolphins outgained Buffalo 454 yards to 267 and had a 14-minute edge in time of possession, but were hurt by 13 penalties for 116 yards.Game notes Goodwin was hurt on an incompletion late in the game and went into the concussion protocol. Dolphins S Isa Abdul-Quddus suffered an ankle injury in the fourth quarter. ... The Bills Lorenzo Alexander had a sack for the seventh game in a row. ... Bills LB Shaq Lawson, their first-round draft pick, made his NFL debut after recovering from shoulder surgery and had one tackle in limited action.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Steven Wine on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Steve-Wine. His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/steven-wine ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz