Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 60 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

11.06.2019 06:49
ct the conditions in India to be as extreme as Bangladesh, but sees it as good preparation for England.??Those wickets to be hon Antworten

England have tried everything within their means to get their most successful Test bowler ever fit in time for a major part of the series in India, but former India captain Sourav Ganguly wouldnt pick James Anderson in the playing XI even if he was available for selection.??I wouldnt play him [Anderson] in India to be honest, said Ganguly, who will be part of ESPNcricinfo Match Day, the analysis show that will be aired both on ESPNcricinfo and on the SONYESPN channel on every day of the five-Test series.?Its not the same Anderson as 2012, Ganguly said. I saw him in the Test series in England recently. He has lost a bit of pace. And I think Stuart Broad and Steven Finn and Ben Stokes [will be more effective] because you will need a bit of pace in these conditions to get that ball to reverse. So I dont know whether he will make the side when he comes back. Not in Vizag [Visakhapatnam] where the ball will turn square.??In a recent ODI in Visakhapatnam, legspinner Amit Mishra took five wickets to bowl New Zealand out for 79, which is a sign of the conditions that England can expect in the second Test. If everything goes right with Andersons rehab - he has not bowled since August because of a shoulder injury - he could be fit in time for that Test. However, Ganguly feels Anderson shouldnt play the rest of the series either.??I dont see him playing in the second Test, Ganguly said. And if I were the England captain, I would go in with two fast bowlers: [Stuart] Broad and Ben Stokes [along with Chris Woakes]. A bit of zip, a bit of pace, reverse. And play three spinners. Moeen Ali, Gareth Batty and another spinner. The advantage is, Moeen Ali, Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes can get runs with the bat. It makes the batting a lot longer, and you still have three spinners for these conditions. Thats the way I will go, and I dont think Jimmy Anderson bowling at 80 miles an hour will find a place in my side.??Doubts about Andersons fitness, in light of his integral role in the 2012 series, is part of a larger reason why Ganguly doesnt expect England to win a Test in the five-match series. He knows England have a good record against India, and that they won the last series in India, but the teams have changed a lot since then, he said.??They have a great record in India to be honest, Ganguly said. In 2006 when they came it was 1-1, when they won in Mumbai. In 2012 they won the series 2-1. India going to England and losing 4-0 and then 3-1. So England have got a great record against India but whether this England team can get past India in a five-Test series, I am not sure. Because when you look at the side that played in 2012, the most important part was those two spinners: Monty Panesar and Graeme Swann. Both high-quality spinners, and both match-winners. And Jimmy Anderson at his best. The Jimmy Anderson of four years ago.??Also the India team wears a completely different look. When they caught India in 2012, it was a side that had lost 4-0 in Australia, Ganguly said. A side whose confidence was pretty down. It was battered overseas for a long period of time. But England are now facing a side that is high on confidence. New captain. Results have come the teams way. Its going to be very, very tough for England. Thats what I believe. But in sport, anything can happen.??For anything to happen, it wont be just any old thing, it will have to be magical if England are to compete. England will have to play very, very well to get past India in this series, Ganguly said. Not just play very, very well, do something absolutely magical. Like Alastair Cook did last time in 2012. Three back-to-back Test hundreds. Kevin Pietersen played that unbelievable knock in Mumbai. Ian Bell and Jonathan Trott getting hundreds. Somebody or the other stood up for them. Whether they have that same quality in batting, I am not too sure.??As with the last series, Cook will have to set the tone. He has had success in India so he will be confident when he comes to that series, Ganguly said. I thought he played well in Bangladesh on those tough pitches but he has got to fire. He has got to stand up for his team. Lead from the front. And people need to support him. The likes of Joe Root, who I think is an outstanding player. Ben Stokes, who I think will have a huge role in this series. These three have to fire for England consistently if they have to have some chance in the series.??The three superstars wont be enough. Moeen Ali, who did well against India in England in 2014, will have to be at his best too. He is definitely a threat for India, Ganguly said. The wickets will spin. His confidence against India will be high as a bowler. He has definitely become a better batsman than since that trip of 2014 when he was peppered with short deliveries from Ishant Sharma and the Indian bowlers. He has definitely become a better cricketer than then. He will be tested. He needs to get runs and get wickets as well, but do they have a Graeme Swann or Monty Panesar? I dont think so.??The one advantage England have is they are not turning up blind. They played Test cricket in some testing conditions in Bangladesh just before this trip. It was so testing they didnt even feel the need for a warm-up game in India. Ganguly doesnt expect the conditions in India to be as extreme as Bangladesh, but sees it as good preparation for England.??Those wickets to be honest were absolute minefields, Ganguly said. Although the series was drawn 1-1, it cant get worse than that for them in terms of the surface. And I saw the pitch in the last Test. It spun from everywhere. You just had to put the ball in the right place, and it did everything. In India they are going to encounter better pitches. That sort of pitch will be on day five of the Test. But when I saw the ball land on the first day of the Test in Bangladesh, it was actually like a day-five pitch.??They [England] havent played well in Bangladesh, but it will get them used to the conditions. I firmly believe when teams from the subcontinent go away or when it is the other way around, it is about getting used to the conditions as quickly as possible. I think it is going to help them in that aspect, but I still maintain [doubts] that whether they have that spark in this side to beat India in this series.Ganguly will be joined on ESPNcricinfo Match Day by Nick Compton and Jonathan Trott, who were both part of the series-winning England team to India in 2012-13 in which Anderson played an important role.?ESPNcricinfo Match Day will air in India at 10pm on SONY ESPN and SONY ESPN HD during the Tests. ESPN has a long-term collaboration with Sony Pictures Networks in India and the subcontinent. Discount Custom Football Jerseys . -- Arizona raced out to a big lead and did not back off, hitting the accelerator instead. Cheap Custom Football Jerseys . "Four now," Carl Gunnarsson told the Leaf Report proudly following a 5-2 victory over New York on Tuesday night, the clubs fifth straight at home. http://www.footballcustomjerseys.com/custom-buffalo-bills-jerseys-368c.html . Now tied for second in the league in shootout goals, the 24-year-old likes to see what the opposing goaltender has in store before he ultimately lands on a move. Custom Washington Redskins Jerseys . With the short-handed Warriors needing help from someone -- anyone -- to stop a three-game skid, ONeal returned from right knee and groin injuries that had sidelined him for four games and put up season highs with 18 points and eight rebounds. It was just enough to help lift Golden State to a 102-101 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. Custom Football Jerseys Store .Y. -- Canadas Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse have another World Cup gold medal after winning the two-women bobsled race on Saturday in Lake Placid, N.Rangers have launched legal proceedings against their former chief executive Charles Green and Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley. The Ibrox outfit have also notified the Court of Session in Edinburgh they plan to take action against former club directors Imran Ahmad, Brian Stockbridge and Derek Llambias, as well as Ashleys SportsDirect.com Retail Ltd business.It is not yet clear what the action relates to, or when it will call in court. The details of the six defendants are revealed in an advertisement placed in Mondays edition of The Times.Green and former commercial director Ahmad are among several men facing charges over the alleged fraudulent acquisition of Rangers.Ashley owns a 8.92 per cent stake in the club, while his SportsDirect firm also holds a 49 per cent shareholding in Rangers Retail, the company set up with the club to sell Rangers kits and merchandise. Newcastle owner Mike Ashley and his Sports Direct firm have also been targeted The Rangers board announced last week they had served notice on RRL to terminate intellectual property agreements held with the company - meaning the joint venture would no longer have the right to sell goods bearing the clubs world-famous badge.Ahmad - currently believed to be overseas - and Stocckbridge were appointed to Greens board when the Yorkshire businessman took charge of the Ibrox club by purchasing Rangers assets and business after they went into administration and liquidation in the summer of 2012.ddddddddddddGreen stepped down as chief executive in 2013, while Ahmad served between June 2012 and April of the following year.Finance director Stockbridge resigned from his post in January 2014. Rangers former financial director Brian Stockbridge left Ibrox in January 2014 Llambias, a close ally of Ashley, was appointed to the Rangers board in November of that year, but was removed from his position five months later when Dave Kings new regime took over the club.The advertisement in The Times adds: If Imran Ahmad wishes to challenge the jurisdiction of the court or to defend the action, he should contact the Deputy Principal Clerk of Session, Edinburgh, EH1 1RQ immediately and in any event by not later than 21 days from the date of publication of this advertisement. Also See: Hibs yet to respond to Rangers Rangers fury at Hibs and SFA Rangers bid to end shirts deal Football League plan Ashley talks ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz