Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 96 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

09.06.2019 08:38
victory in 2014 at the Memorial led tournament host Jack Nicklaus to say, I think youve just seen the start of whats going to be Antworten

SHANGHAI -- No one from Japan has more than Hideki Matsuyamas three PGA Tour victories. No one from Japan ever won a World Golf Championship.None of this might have been possible if Matsuyama had never left home so quickly.Even after he blew away a world-class field in the HSBC Champions to reach No. 6 in the world, the 24-year-old Matsuyama was not comfortable being mentioned with the five players ahead of him in the ranking or other Japanese players before his time.That starts with Jumbo Ozaki, who won more than 100 tournaments and was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame five years ago.But theres one big difference.Ozaki rarely played outside the Japan Golf Tour. His only victory away from home was the 1972 New Zealand PGA Championship. Matsuyama stopped playing a full Japanese schedule after one year, instead coming to America to see how he stacked up against the best.His first PGA Tour victory in 2014 at the Memorial led tournament host Jack Nicklaus to say, I think youve just seen the start of whats going to be truly one of your worlds great players over the next 10 to 15 years.Matsuyama won the Phoenix Open in a playoff over Rickie Fowler earlier this year. And then he played the final 45 holes at Sheshan International for a seven-shot victory Sunday over British Open champion Henrik Stenson and Daniel Berger to become the first Asian to win a World Golf Championship.If I would have just stayed in Japan, I dont think my golf game would have improved as much as it has, Matsuyama said. I needed to go out. I needed to go to America. Winning this week proves to me that I did make the right decision, and it gives me more motivation to win more.Told he was No. 6 in the world, Matsuyama paused from signing tournament flags and said with a smile, That makes me very happy.He speaks limited English, though he understands enough, and so when he heard words suggesting he was No. 1 in Japan, he stopped what he was doing.I dont feel that I am the No. 1 player in Japan, he said. There are so many greats that have paved the way, that have enabled me to be where Im at today.Early in his career, Matsuyama played in Japan with Ozaki. He said he didnt fully grasp Ozakis feats until much later, and believes the legend he calls Jumbo-san has established a standard that no one will ever touch.At least in Japan.Around the world, Matsuyama has been making his mark long before his victory in Shanghai.He won the Asia Amateur in 2010 by five shots to earn a spot in the 2011 Masters, made the cut at Augusta National and tied for 27th. Later that year, at 19 and still going to college, he won the Taiheiyo Masters, one of the top tournaments in Japan. Matsuyama also won another Asia Amateur, and then made another cut at the Masters.Once he finished his college degree in Japan, he won four times as a rookie and finished the year at No. 23 in the world, one spot behind American rookie Jordan Spieth. Perhaps the reason he never received enough attention was that Japan didnt have a history of success away from home.Now it does.He said winning the Memorial showed me that I can compete with some of the best players in the world. The Phoenix Open was validation.And then todays win proves to me I can compete with everyone, he said. It will give me great confidence going forward, especially in the majors.Thats the next stop, and its one reason he wont put himself in the same class as the five players ahead of him in the world ranking -- Jason Day at No. 1, followed by Rory McIlroy, Dustin Johnson, Stenson and Spieth. All of them have won majors.Matsuyama finished fifth and seventh at the Masters the past two years. He was in the mix at Muirfield in the 2013 British Open his rookie year before tying for sixth. He shot all four rounds in the 60s at Baltusrol and tied for fourth in the PGA Championship this year.Im thrilled to be No. 6 in the world, he said. But being on the same level as those other players, Ive got to win a lot more to be considered with them.Still to come is the World Cup later this month with Ryo Ishikawa, his close friend who has returned from back injury with five straight top 10s, including a victory. Matsuyama will never face the scrutiny of Ishikawa, who won a Japan Golf Tour event as a 15-year-old amateur and for years received the kind of rock-star treatment at home that only Tiger Woods could appreciate.What makes them different is their youth. Ishikawa is only five months older.All the great players before me came to the United States when they were in their 30s, Matsuyama said. Both of us have come earlier. If theres a difference, its the age we came to the U.S.Its a different path, indeed. But its working. Cheap Custom Soccer Jerseys China . Burke is expected to miss two to three months after breaking a finger in the teams third preseason game. Tinsley, a 10-year veteran, spent the last two seasons in Utah, where the point guard averaged 3. Discount Custom Jerseys . -- Quarterback Will Finch threw for 252 yards and three touchdowns, and Yannick Harou rushed in two scores as the No. http://www.soccerjerseyscustom.com/custom-belgium-jerseys-cheap-78x . -- Ryan Getzlaf grabbed the three pucks wrapped in tape and held them up to his chest in the Anaheim Ducks dressing room for a celebration nine seasons in the making. Cheap Custom Jerseys . The 20-year-old Pelicans big man glanced up and smiled widely at the well-wishers -- a fitting end to a day he wont soon forget. Davis responded to his selection earlier in the day as a Western Conference All-Star with 26 points and 10 rebounds, and the New Orleans Pelicans overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to defeat the Minnesota Timberwolves 98-91 on Friday night. Stitched Custom Soccer Jerseys .S. Open champion Justin Rose birdied the first hole with a blind shot he hit to a foot of the pin, and he stayed in front Tuesday until he completed a 4-under 67 for a two-shot lead over Jason Dufner in PGA Grand Slam of Golf. RENO, Nev. -- Greg Chalmers won the Barracuda Championship on Sunday at Montreux for his first PGA Tour title by eagling the final hole for a six-point victory in the modified Stableford scoring event.The 42-year-old Australian won in his 386th start after entering the week as the active player with the most events without a victory.Its hard to win, and Im very thrilled and very pleased to get it done, Chalmers said. It was a tough. I knew today would be difficult. And we had difficult conditions. I was blessed, I think, that guys found it tough just the same as I found it tough.A point ahead of Gary Woodland and needing at least a par on the par-5 18th to wrap up the victory, Chalmers made an 8-foot eagle putt after hitting a 320-yard drive and 230-yard, 7-iron approach. A few minutes earlier, Woodland hit an 8-iron into the right bunker and three-putted for bogey.Quite fortunate that Gary didnt birdie the last, Chalmers said. That would have put a lot of pressure on me.Chalmers had a four-point round to finish with 43 in the system that awards eight points for double-eagle, five for eagle and two for birdie and deducts a point for bogey and three for double-bogey or worse. He had two birdies and five bogeys, the last two on Nos. 15 and 17.The left-hander earned a two-year tour exemption, a spot in the British Open at Royal Troon and other perks. With only conditional status, he had split time between the PGA tour and the Web.com Tour this year. The two-time Australian Open champion missed the cuts in his previous five starts on the big tour.Just to get back on the PGA Tour, I cant tell you how exciting that is, Chalmers said. Forty-two years of age, I turn 43 in October. This is a real fork in the road for my career, and its in the right direction.Because of the West Virginia floods that led to The Greenbrier Classic being canceled, a British Open spot was transferred to the leading player not already eligible at Montreux.Cant wait, Chalmers said. Its such a great thing that the R&A and Barracuda here have done for us, even though the circumstances that came about werent the greatest.Woodland, the 2013 winner, also had a four-point round to finish second.Its frustrating, Woodland said. I didnt make any putts coming down the stretch.In standard scoring, Chalmers finished a stroke ahead of Woodland and third-place finisherr Colt Knost.ddddddddddddHe closed?with a 1-over 73 for a 15-under total.Knost had a 10-point round to reach 35. He has three top-four finishes in his past five events.I stole some today, but I threw a lot away, Knost said. Honestly, all week, I just didnt strike it very well. My short game saved me.Tim Herron was another point back after a 13-point round. He was pulling for Chalmers to win.That would be great. That would be awesome, the 46-year-old Herron said while Chalmers was in the middle of the back nine. Hes grinding his butt off. Were kind of in that stage of our career. Should we hang with the family, or should we keep going?Brendan Steele and Steve Wheatcroft tied for fifth with 32 points.Not the Sunday I wanted, Wheatcroft said. They definitely changed the golf course up on us. Took us four or five holes to figure that out. Cant imagine too much water went on the greens last night. They were rock hard.Rhein Gibson had the shot of the week. He holed out from 175 yards for double-eagle on the par-5 18th. He set up the albatross with a 370-yard drive.I hadnt had a birdie all day and just leaking oil, hitting good shots, not doing anything, Gibson said. I hit an unbelievable tee shot there and had a wedge in ... saw it go in. The crowd went pretty bonkers.Barracuda will donate $100,000 to a charity in Gibsons name. The only other albatross in tournament history was by Shiv Kapur in 2010, when the hole played as No. 9.Gibson tied for 25th with 24 points. He and other Australian players showered Chalmers with champagne.I didnt expect that, Chalmers said. And kind of victory in 2014 at the Memorial led tournament host Jack Nicklaus to say, I think youve just seen the start of whats going to be truly one of your worlds great players over theunique because normally a lot of guys will just leave town. So for them to stay and do that was kind of special.Chalmers father, John, was also there to celebrate.My father just comes out to travel with me when my mom and my kids and my family are staying back in Dallas, Chalmers said. He just likes to come out and watch golf. He plays. Its good for us as father and son -- hes 72 now -- for us just to bond and chat and solve the worlds problems every night.Chalmers got the last laugh on a Twitter troll too.Unfortunately, someone on Twitter said, That guy cant close out. ... Ill be tweeting him back later, dont worry about that. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz