Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 75 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

07.06.2019 10:16
far as salaries, you know, how you have to handle your business ... you can try to invest, but I have to see how serious you ar Antworten

Theres the likes of NBA Hall of Famer Shaquille ONeal and multitime NBA champion Rick Fox investing heavily in esports, and then theres L.A. Rams offensive guard Rodger Saffold. Saffold, who co-founded Rise Nation, not only is one of the few athletes to own an esports team but also is still playing full time in the NFL. As the aforementioned investors are all retired from professional sports, this means Saffold finds himself in a challenging but perhaps uniquely advantageous situation. And hes using his background as an athlete, and as a gamer, to lead his team to victory.ESPN caught up with Saffold before his match against the Minnesota Vikings to get some insight into what its like to be an active professional athlete and owner of an esports organization.First, Saffold has always enjoyed playing video games. I love puzzles for your brain, Saffold said. When I was growing up, thats what I did. But it wasnt until college that Saffold found the thrill of competitive first-person shooters. I would even say before college; I started playing Call of Duty, and then Call of Duty [4]: Modern Warfare came out... I just was so overboard on it, I could literally play the game all day long, he recalled.As Saffold entered the NFL, he kept a close eye on the world of video games. When I started figuring out that esports was growing, and I saw they were all over the internet on Twitch -- when I saw that there were these huge events -- I was like, OK, I need to get into this. Thats when Saffold, along with his friend and business partner Kahreem Horsley, started Rise Nation. They leveraged industry connections to form their first Call of Duty team and, in their freshman outing, were able to qualify for the Call of Duty Championship 2014: U.S. Regional Final. There, the team made a valiant effort but ended up placing seventh. This was still a remarkable result, considering the high caliber of competition, and it convinced Saffold that he had a legitimate stake in esports.But being fully invested in sports and esports is a challenging proposition. Its tough to do the day-to-day operations, said Saffold. Most of your day is pretty much filled up with, you know, football. Saffold does have the structures in place to manage Rise Nation while hes playing, but that doesnt mean he ignores the team. Rather, he can use his time where its most effective. When it comes down to when I get a chance to speak to the players, when I get a chance to speak with the sponsors, it really shows that Im dedicated to this and that Im giving them time.Saffolds background in the NFL might offer certain advantages when coaching his team. The best thing I can do for these players is show them the intangibles, Saffold said. Being a leader, grinding [through practice maneuvers]... they always say prior proper planning prevents piss-poor performance. Even with Saffolds sports background, however, esports can still feel like unfamiliar territory at times. Actually, [compared to] most of these organizations that already have their business plans together, I feel like Im a step behind them.Owning an esports team while in the NFL has given Saffold the curious role of de facto esports ambassador to his fellow athletes, since hes investing his time and energy into something thats far from the norm. Luckily for Saffold, his teammates are very supportive. I always get questions like Hey, how is our team doing? [and] like Hey, whats going on, whats going down this weekend? he said.Well, this weekend the Call of Duty World Championships are being held in Los Angeles at the Forum. Sixteen teams are competing for an impressive prize pool of $1.6 million, big enough to perk the ears of even non-esports fans. I got a lot of my teammates on the list to come and enjoy and see what I got involved in, Saffold said. Thats kind of my job, to try to broaden the horizons of athletes to kind of get into this and see a new sport forming.Considering that the Forum will have a few players from the Rams roaming around, its quite possible that more athlete-led esports organizations could start to appear in the scene in the future. Theyre definitely curious, Saffold said, but once I tell em what you have to do as far as salaries, you know, how you have to handle your business ... you can try to invest, but I have to see how serious you are about this.Saffold made it very clear that Rise Nation is more about his passion than an investment; it was a passion he held even before he entered the NFL. Said Saffold, Now, seeing its growing and going into the right direction, Im going to want to try and hold on to this as much as I can.Theres one subject that any professional athlete knows something about, and thats sponsorship. Beer goes hand in hand with football. and now, because of beer, its become part of the deal with football, Saffold said. For Rise Nation, where Saffold often deals with the sponsors himself, its about quality over quantity.You dont want to get too many sponsors, Saffold said. Its more about getting the right people that fit your organization, people that care about your team just as much as you do.KontrolFreek, a video games controller accessory manufacturer that sponsors Rise Nation, follows the same philosophy. I think finding a great team, and honestly great management and leadership, beyond sort of how the teams performs, is No. 1, said Ashish Mistry, president and CEO. And so once we knew that the Rise Teams were using the KontrolFreek products, it made it very easy to pursue a working relationship with them.While nonendemic sponsors such beer companies are starting to take notice of esports growth, they are proceeding with caution. Esports is still highly fragmented, said Mistry, and that is a possible reason many sponsors are still waiting on the sideline. Unlike traditional sports, esports is usually referred to as a whole, even though there are multiple teams and players in various games with their own specific audiences. But as you see things like the Call of Duty World Championship, things that are sort of more tentpole events, their ability to push corporate dollars downstream and to scale is making it a lot easier for these brands to participate, Mistry continued.No matter how the field might appear now, the consensus is that the world of sponsorship will only expand. As more nonendemic sponsors jump in, players will see larger prize pots, helping them create sustainable careers out of gaming. For Saffold, thats a major plus for building out his team and for growing esports in general.Although the marriage between professional athletes and professional video gaming might seem unlikely, it actually makes a lot of sense. While many others are quick to shrug esports off, those in sports see its potential, as well as the hard work and skill required to play at a top level. These athletes dont view esports as a novelty or a gimmick. They know that these games require great presence of mind, skill and teamwork. And for them, thats enough to want to devote their time, money and passion to something they see as a play for the future. Derek Jeter Jersey Large . Sulaiman, 44, was chosen unanimously Tuesday in a vote by the leadership, the World Boxing Council said. Sulaiman becomes the sixth president of the organization. Yankees Jerseys China .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. http://www.customyankeesjersey.com/ . -- Matt Ryan needed one of the best games of his career to lead the Falcons and their depleted offence out of their three-game losing streak last week. Wholesale Custom Yankees Shirts . Tests earlier this week revealed a Grade 2 left hamstring strain for Sabathia, who was hurt in last Fridays start against San Francisco. Its an injury that will require about eight weeks to heal. He finished a disappointing campaign just 14-13 with a career-worst 4. Custom Yankees Jerseys . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. Amir Khan says he is unlikely to fight again until next summer but is hoping to put on a show in Britain against either Danny Garcia or Kell Brook.The former world light-welterweight champion has told ESPN that surgery, which involved grafting part of his hip bone onto his right hand, will have kept him out of action for a year by the time of his return, and that the injury has restricted his punching for most of his professional career.Ive got about five fights left. Im going back down to welterweight, Khan (31-4, 19 KOs) said. Ill box again in the summer and I want to give the UK fans a fight -- its been a while since Ive boxed there, and they deserve one now.Hopefully, it will be Garcia or Brook. My right hand is getting better and Im feeling really good that Ive had the operation. I broke it in my second fight so had to get it fixed. Ive got time on my hands, so had it done.Not throwing a proper right hand and holding back hasnt been good for my career. Ive hesitated in getting the right hand out sometimes, and thats maybe why Ive been caaught by left hooks.ddddddddddddKhan was knocked out in the sixth round by Canelo Alvarez in Las Vegas last May, having stepped up two weight divisions to take on the Mexican for the WBC middleweight title.He had been expected to fight compatriot Brook (36-1, 25 KOs) instead, and talks with Sheffields IBF world welterweight champion had started.But Khan, 29, is hopeful a deal can still be made, with Americas WBC world welterweight champion Garcia (32-0, 18 KOs), who stopped the Briton in four rounds in 2012, another option.If the [Brook] deal is right I will do it, he said. I know what the fight can generate. I have agreed to take that fight before but financially I have to get what I need to get paid.Its the biggest fight left for both of us. The winner of me and Brook would go on to fight Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather Jr. I think Mayweather will come back for one more. I think he would want to fight again. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz