Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 88 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

11.04.2019 14:40
t recruiting shutdown, the Bears were not actively recruiting any of his 2017 prospects, Overton said, but Art Briles several ti Antworten

Five months after the firing of Art Briles at Baylor, the football program hardly registers on the recruiting radar.Local prospects visit Baylor to examine opposing Big 12 teams. Assistant coaches at the school are not active in pursuing coveted recruits. Baylor has collected just two commitments for its 2017 class -- none since July -- and even those are tenuous.According to acting coach Jim Grobe, theres plenty of time for the Bears recruiting to rebound.There will be a lot of kids who want to come to Baylor, Grobe said this week, but they want to see whos going to be their coach. As soon as that happens, there will be a lot of kids jumping in the boat.Briles was fired on May 26, and after collateral effects from the widely publicized sexual-assault scandal included the summer departures of more than half of the signed members of Baylors 17th-ranked recruiting class from February, Grobe and his staff of former Briles assistants are stuck in neutral in the push toward national signing day in February.I wish I had a better word for weird, said Jeff Hulme, coach at Waco Midway High School. Its a strange deal and not a good situation for the future of Baylor football, thats for sure.Recruiting, by comparison, pales in importance to Baylors on-field product, though it remains the logical next step.The Bears slipped from the top tier of College Football Playoff contenders with a 35-34 loss last Saturday at Texas. Soon, Baylor, 38-8 since 2013, figures to look past Grobe to a permanent head coach, presumably installed by first-year athletic director Mack Rhoades in early December.Like Grobe, the current assistants, tied to Briles and the negligence allegations that led to his departure, appear unlikely to stay.In the meantime, how are they supposed to recruit to Baylor? Well, apparently, they arent.Its like theyre not even trying anymore, a Big 12 assistant coach said. I havent talked to a single kid that mentions Baylor -- not a one -- and thats crazy to say, because weve always gone after the same type of athletes and recruited in the same areas in Texas.Grobe and his staff are far from the first set of coaches to face this situation.John L. Smith at Arkansas served as interim coach in 2012 after the spring firing of Bobby Petrino. The Razorbacks finished 4-8, but continued to recruit and signed a class that ranked 31st nationally under Bret Bielema in February 2013 that featured long-committed quarterback Austin Allen.One year earlier, Ohio State promoted Luke Fickell to interim coach after Jim Tressel resigned. More than half of the Buckeyes sixth-ranked Class of 2013 committed before Urban Meyers late-November hiring, including headliners Joshua Perry, Pat Elflein, Tyvis Powell and Adolphus Washington.Its a gamble to focus so little energy on recruiting.Grobe said he has visited with two groups of recruits on campus. On a pair of October open dates, Baylor coaches left campus to see high school coaches.Their impact appears minimal.I dont know what theyre doing there, but if you told me they werent recruiting at all, I wouldnt be surprised with what were seeing, the Big 12 assistant said. One less team to go against is just fine with Big 12 coaches.Hulme, the Waco Midway coach, said a few of his players have attended games at McLane Stadium this season on unofficial visits to observe rival teams. Oklahoma State and Kansas have played in Waco; TCU comes to town on Saturday.Theyll go and watch whoevers playing Baylor, said Hulme, whose school produced five players on the current Baylor roster. Its sort of sad.Hulme took over in February at Midway after coaching at Mansfield (Texas) High School. He visited regularly about recruits at his old school with Baylor running backs coach and passing game coordinator Jeff Lebby, Briles son-in-law. The ex-coachs son, Baylor offensive coordinator Kendal Briles, largely handled communication with coaches and prospects at Midway.Neither Lebby nor Kendal Briles has called or visited since May, Hulme said, despite the presence of quarterback Tanner Mordecai, who is uncommitted and ranked No. 90 in the ESPN Junior 300, and several other Midway players in whom Baylor showed initial interest.Other Texas high school coaches declined to comment about Baylor.I dont want to be a part of that situation, one coach said.Mike Overton, coach at Horn High School in Mesquite, Texas, east of Dallas, said Baylor coaches have not visited in several months. Hes heard of similar experiences at other area high schools.Before the apparent recruiting shutdown, the Bears were not actively recruiting any of his 2017 prospects, Overton said, but Art Briles several times did visit Horn QB Chris Robison, an early pledge to Oklahoma.Its disappointing for them, Hulme said. Its disappointing for me. Its disappointing for our program. I dont know whats going to happen when the season is over. ... Theyre just going to be behind every day.How far behind?Before Briles firing, Baylor counted six commitments, having already lost pledges from outside linebacker Baron Browning, No. 29 in the ESPN 300, and receiver Jhamon Ausbon, ranked 130th overall and now committed to LSU.Since then, gone from Baylors pledge list are ESPN 300 tight end Kedrick James to Alabama, defensive tackle Jayden Peevy to Texas A&M, safety Donovan Stiner to Houston, receiver Hezekiah Jones, ranked No. 112, to A&M and the most significant blow, Kellen Mond of the IMG Academy in Florida, ranked 58th and the No. 2 dual-threat quarterback nationally, to A&M. Four-star running back Eno Benjamin of Wylie, Texas, offered a scholarship by the Bears, tweeted in May that he was so glad he made the right choice and decided not to pursue Baylor.Benjamin pledged to Iowa in April, but has since decommitted. Its safe to assume he wont end up in Waco.The two remaining commitments came from defensive backs Jalen Pitre of Stafford, Texas, and Noah Daniels of League City, Texas. Daniels committed in July but recently received offers, he said, from Oklahoma State and TCU.Daniels said he plans to take official visits to all three schools.Im with Baylor, Daniels said, and I want to wait it out. But if something happens, Im open.He said he talks regularly with cornerbacks coach Carlton Buckels, a shred of evidence that Baylor hasnt faded entirely from this recruiting cycle. Daniels said Buckels tells him often how much the Bears like him and that hell fit well at the school.As for the future at Baylor, Daniels said, the coach doesnt really address it.How could he? Recruiting shapes the future. And for now, uncertainty and a lack of direction or progress define the recruiting efforts at Baylor. Air Jordan 11 NZ Sale . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that. Air Jordan 11 Wholesale . Hargreaves began his career in 2008 with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and has played with the Edmonton Eskimos and last season with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. http://www.airjordan11nz.com/ . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. Air Jordan 11 Retro NZ . Malkin got tangled up with Detroits Luke Glendening early in the third period and his left skate took the brunt of collision with the boards behind Pittsburghs net. Air Jordan 11 Cheap Onilne . -- The Magic have their first victory of the new year. BALTIMORE -- Corey Henson scored 19 points, including the game-winning free throws with 22 seconds left, and Wagner beat Morgan State 68-66 on Saturday.After Hensons free throws, Morgan State missed a 3-pointer and a follow in the final six seconds.Wagner led 37-35 at halftime and the lead went back and forth in the second half. Michael Carey, who had 10 points, put Wagner ahead 64-63 with a bucket and AJ Sumbry, with 11 points and 10 rebounds, extended the lead to 66-63 with 1:10 remaining. Isiah Graves 33-pointer tied it but his foul put Henson on the free-throw line.dddddddddddd.Henson made 5 of 8 3-point tries. Shack Scott added 10 points and JoJo Cooper 11 rebounds for the Seahawks (3-5), who snapped a three-game losing streak.Graves, a JC transfer, scored a career-high 20 points and Phillip Carr had 17 points and 12 rebounds for the Bears (3-7). Kyle Thomas added 12 points. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz