Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 82 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

10.04.2019 08:25
en I looked up and you see the sheets of water moving sideways, legitimately sheets of water moving sideways ... man, if Ive pla Antworten

TROON, Scotland -- Hanging out in the so-called Frat House on Friday morning along with a few of the inhabitants who had yet to tee off, Jordan Spieth could see what was in store on a difficult day at Royal Troon.He and some of his housemates for the week,?Rickie Fowler, Justin Thomas and Jimmy Walker -- the others, Zach Johnson and Jason Dufner, were on the course -- almost bemoaned their fate as the second round of the 145th Open unfolded.Phil Mickelson was finishing up his second round at 10 under par, and the worst of the weather off the Firth of Clyde was yet to come. And there was nothing they could do about it.We might have caught the rough end of the draw, said Spieth, who shot 75 and finished at 4 over and on the cut line -- 14 strokes behind Mickelson. That happens. Kind of shook it off to an extent at the end of the round. Just tried to smile, tried to enjoy the fact that you dont play in this often.You wish your score didnt matter when you play in this. You wish this was just a round with your buddies where you go into the clubhouse and have one or seven pints afterward. But we had to post a score today.Spieth joked that the number of pints he had after his round would depend on when he tees off Saturday, recognizing that his chance to win The Open had all but faded away. He lamented not taking advantage of Thursdays benign conditions when he managed just an even-par 71.And for the second straight major, it appears he will play the weekend without much at stake.Ill have to set a lofty, realistic goal, he said. But its certainly worth shooting after and trying to gain some momentum. Im looking to put nice, smooth, solid swings, very confident putts on it to lead into the PGA Championship, because I know my chances are likely finished.Spieth had to grind hard to make the cut, as did nearly all of those who teed off in the afternoon.As it turned out, the weather that was predicted to be lousy all day was less lousy in the morning. Mickelson faced a good bit of rain, but managed to make three birdies before things turned really serious. Henrik Stenson shot the best score of the day, a 65, to finish a stroke back.There were 10 rounds in the 60s, but all were posted by players who teed off in the morning.The wind that wasnt much of a factor early became pronounced in the afternoon, making the finishing holes brutal. To underline the point: the best score of any player who played all of their round in the afternoon was 70, shot by Jason Day and Patton Kizzire -- who ended late and made the cut on the number. Rory McIlroy is the highest on the leaderboard of anyone who teed off late; hes tied for 15th after shooting 71.A day earlier, Mickelson nearly set a major championship scoring record at the same time of day, settling for a 63 after his birdie putt on the last hole lipped out.Then there was Billy Horschel, who started the second round in contention after a first-round 67. He shot 85 without a birdie, including 46 on the back nine. He wasnt alone in his misery. There were 12 scores of 80 or higher.We totally expected to have conditions that were going to be difficult, said Day, ranked No. 1 in the world but 11 shots back of Mickelson. But not to the point where it was blowing 30 to 40 miles an hour with winds and rain coming in sideways. I think I went through four gloves during that little time span, and it was coming down pretty heavy on me. My weather gear is totally soaked now and Ive got to somehow dry it out before tomorrow.It was ridiculous, said Justin Rose about the difficulty in the afternoon after shooting a 77 that included no birdies. When you see such a disparity between the draw and you see no name from this side of the draw popping up, its just frustrating. Great players kind of doing their best to make the cut kind of tells you it was rough out there for sure.Spieth put himself in a hole by playing the first nine in 39 strokes. He managed to add just one birdie on the back and then held on for the 75 that helped him make the cut on the number.What we had on 16 tee, when I looked up and you see the sheets of water moving sideways, legitimately sheets of water moving sideways ... man, if Ive played in that, its been over here on a practice-round day or I cant remember, Spieth said. I cant remember anything that significant. I cant remember seeing the wind move a ball that much.And its a cold, heavy wind. So it plays like its 40 [degrees Fahrenheit] in the States. Its just kind of bizarre.Weather is a part of The Open, and sometimes it is unfairly harsh to a segment of the field.I was kind of hoping for days like this where it is harder, Day said. Unfortunately, the guys in the morning definitely had the advantage over the last two days, which is totally fine. You get lucky in draws like this playing in The Open Championship. Rod Brind Amour Jersey . The Australian is competing in his final season in Formula One and still looking for his first win this year. He will look to end Vettels run of six straight race wins on Sunday. Webber, who is fifth in the championship, earned his second pole from the past three races and 13th of his career. Custom Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys .com) - Yankee Stadium is the home of the Bronx Bombers, but on Sunday afternoon it will open its gates to host the latest addition of the Hudson River Rivalry. http://www.hurricanessale.com/authentic-justin-faulk-hurricanes-jersey/ . Duchene scored two goals and had an assist, helping the Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 on Friday night to match the best 10-game start in team history. Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys .C. Lions has come to an end. Banks told TSN on Jan 2 that he had no interest in playing out the option year of his contract with the Lions in 2014, and he again made that clear in a conversation with Lions GM Wally Buono last week. SAO PAULO -- With a third straight Brazilian Grand Prix title on Sunday, Nico Rosberg can match the feat of his famous father by winning the Formula One championship.Standing in his way is Mercedes teammate Lewis Hamilton, the two-time defending champion.If Hamilton wins on the hilly course in Sao Paulo, the season title will be decided in the final race in two weeks in Abu Dhabi.I love the track, Rosberg said Thursday, 34 years after his father Keke Rosberg won his only F1 season title. It feels good and Ive always gone well here.Then, the German driver offered a caution.At the same time, this year we all start from zero, Rosberg said. Those past wins are not going to help me get a win this weekend. We all start from the same place.Beyond the victory, there are several scenarios under which Rosberg could claim the season title, even if he doesnt win the race. That depends on how far behind him Hamilton finishes.Hamilton, who trails Rosberg by 19 points, can keep the title chase alive in Brazil but he can only claim the championship -- it would be his fourth -- in Abu Dhabi.Its a real challenge to come here and try to win for the first time, Hamilton said. So thats my goal, and theres nothing really to lose.The two can expect little quarter. They should also expect a wet track with weekend rain in the forecast.Red Bull driver Daniel Ricciardo, third in the season standings but without a chance for the big prize, said he would not stay out of the fight.I think the championship will work out how it should work out, Ricciardo said. I dont think we should assist in the outcome. Just because they (Rosberg and Hamilton) are fighting doesnt mean we shoouldnt try to overtake ifs theres a door open.ddddddddddddFerrari driver Sebastian Vettel, who won four straight season titles between 2010-13, said others needed to respect the fact that the two Mercedes drivers have had the best seasons. He, however, did not say he would back off.Rosberg said he was expecting everyone to give their best.Of course, youre not going to take it easy just because one guy is fighting for the championship, Rosberg said.Sunday also marks the last race in Brazil for Felipe Massa, who is leaving F1 after this season. Massa never won a season title, but he got painfully close.In Brazil in the final race of the 2008 season, Massa won the race but lost the season title by one point to Hamilton when the Englishman overtook on the final lap to finish fifth -- getting the point he needed to edge Massa.I think it will be a very special weekend for me, for my last home race -- a place where I grew up, Massa said. This is a place where I remember I was in the grandstand watching and supporting Ayrton Senna and Nelson Piquet.Senna and Piquet each won three F1 season titles.Theres no doubt hes one of the most talented drivers on the grid, Vettel said of Massa, who raced for 15 seasons. But apart from that, hes a great person. Hes the kind of guy you look at and you smile -- because hes just smiling from the inside. Its his weekend.It will be, except for Rosberg and Hamilton.---Stephen Wade on Twitter: http://twitter.com/StephenWadeAP . His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/stephen-wade ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz