Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 88 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

10.04.2019 08:23
cant victories in Xaviers program history came against the Tigers in the first round of the 1987 NCAA Tournament. The 70-69 upse Antworten

CINCINNATI -- Xavier coach Chris Mack saw quite a bit of growth from his team in just two days between a narrow season-opening win over Lehigh to a more decisive 33-point victory over Buffalo on Monday.Its November 14, so we have a lot of room for growth, Mack said. It was by far the best (performance) for our newcomers, which is a really good sign.On Thursday, the 11th-ranked Musketeers begin play in the Tire Pros Invitational at HP Fieldhouse in Orlando, Fla., the site of one of last seasons signature moments when they captured the Advocare Invitational with victories over Alabama, USC and Dayton.Xavier (2-0) will face the Missouri Tigers (1-0), a team they have beaten three straight times. The Musketeers topped Mizzou 78-66 last year at Cintas Center in Cincinnati.We havent really talked about the competition were going to face in Orlando, Xavier senior forward Rashid Gaston said. Were going to play some pretty good teams.Joining the Musketeers and Tigers in Orlando are Oklahoma, Tulane, Northern Iowa, Arizona State, Clemson and Davidson.Like Xavier, Missouri showed significant improvement in recent days.After a seven-point win over Central Missouri in an exhibition game, the Tigers were impressive in routing Alabama A&M 99-44 Sunday in their home opener.We werent very good eight days ago (against Central Missouri), Tigers coach Kim Anderson told the Kansas City Star. and we knew we werent very good.Frankie Hughes scored 23 points against Alabama A&M, tying a school record for points scored in a freshman debut. Missouri is a young team, with three sophomores and two freshmen among the starters.The Tigers will look to extend Xaviers perimeter defense on Thursday. After shooting 31 percent from 3-point range last season, Mizzou drained 8 of 16 attempts from beyond the arc on Sunday.We need outside shooting, because that was a struggle for us last year, obviously, Anderson said.Defense is where Xavier is looking to make its biggest strides. After allowing 81 points to Lehigh, the Musketeers held Buffalo to just 53 on Monday, limiting the Bulls to 31 percent shooting and forcing 21 turnovers.Some of the things we emphasized (in practice) -- taking care of the ball, playing a little bit longer into the shot clock, defensive intensity, crowding the floor a little bit more, I think we took a step forward, Mack said.The Musketeers continue to deal with depth issues. Senior guard Myles Davis is still suspended due to an incident involving his ex-girlfriends property, and sophomore forward Kaiser Gates is working his way back from a knee injury. On Monday, Xavier had four players in double figures, led by Trevon Bluiett with 18 points.Xavier and Missouri have only played six times previously, but there is plenty of history between the two programs.One of the most significant victories in Xaviers program history came against the Tigers in the first round of the 1987 NCAA Tournament. The 70-69 upset win was the first-ever NCAA Tournament victory for the Musketeers. Byron Larkin, now the color analyst on Xaviers radio broadcasts, scored 29 points in that game to lead all scorers.Missouri hasnt beaten the Musketeers since 2001, a 72-60 victory in the Wooden Tradition Classic in Indianapolis. Cheap Oilers Jerseys Authentic . 10 Texas Rangers jersey for one last time. Young formally announced his retirement Friday after returning to Rangers Ballpark, his baseball home for all but the last of his 13 major league seasons. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. http://www.cheapedmontonoilersjerseys.com/ . After a lengthy wait, persistent rain finally forced the postponement of the Nationals game against the Miami Marlins on Saturday night. The teams, and a few thousand fans, waited nearly four hours from the 7:05 scheduled start time before an announcement was made shortly before 11 p. Cheap Oilers Jerseys . -- Ken Appleby made 32 saves for his first shutout of the season to lead the Oshawa Generals to a 2-0 win over the Belleville Bulls on Wednesday in Ontario Hockey League action. Wholesale Oilers Jerseys . LOUIS -- The New Orleans Saints looked like a team playing out the string. Adrian Peterson, who underwent surgery to repair a right lateral meniscus tear on Sept. 22, is making solid progress in his recovery and could be back on the field for the Minnesota Vikings by mid-to-late December, according to league sources.Peterson had an exam late last week and could start running this week. Although the three-time rushing champion is said to be exercising caution in his return from the knee injury he sustained on Sept. 18 against the Green Bay Packers, he could make his return before the end of the regular season.If Peterson stays on track, two possibilities for his return could be a home game against the Indianapolis Colts on Dec. 18 or the Vikings rematch against the Packers at Lambeau Field on Dec. 24 -- five years to the day since Peterson tore his left ACL against the Washington Redskins. The running back returned from that injury in less than nine months, winning NFL MVP honors with a 2,097-yard season and establishing his reputation as a quick healer.The Vikings waived Ronnie Hillman on Monday, adding defensive end Stephen Weatherly to their active roster. The move left them with just Jerick McKinnon and Matt Asiiata at running back, but an eventual Peterson return would change the dynamics of the Vikings offense.ddddddddddddHes a workaholic, cornerback Captain Munnerlyn said Monday. I definitely wouldnt put anything past this guy. Hes a fast healer. His makeup is definitely a fighter. Well see. I think [hell be back], but at the same time, you never know. Thats a tough injury to come back from. Hes got to think about his career, but hes a guy that wants to come out there and help the team win. One thing is on his mind: He wants to win that Super Bowl. So he feels like if he can come back and definitely contribute to us winning, he definitely will do it.Super Bowl LI will be played on Feb. 5 in Petersons adopted hometown of Houston. Before working out at his gym in Houston in June, Peterson told ESPN, When they brought it out like, Hey, this one will be in Houston -- in 2017 -- I was like, OK. Last year I was like, OK, wasnt meant to happen. God, he wants me to come back home to accomplish that. So thats been my mindset. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz