Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 72 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

05.04.2019 10:33
ion-grabber.They have worn it with pride since - Knights pink is a garish, flamboyant option in the mad T20 world of garish, fla Antworten

Zimbabwe, circa 1998: Red violence My go-to for Loud Shirt Day here in New Zealand (an awareness campaign for the hearing-impaired, often fronted by Lance Cairns) is a violent visual assault of diagonal black, green, yellow and red stripes. Together with the large yellow soapstone bird symbol, its a fearsome sight that guarantees me a spot in the front row of any bad-shirt photo.The shirts exact provenance is unknown but it is emblazoned with the name of former cattle farmer Adam Huckle. He wheeled in during Zimbabwes Flowery golden era and toured New Zealand in 1998, although I suspect this shirt may not have been donned in anger, as he only played a single ODI against New Zealand, at Headingley in the 1999 World Cup. (Huckle got a golden duck and did not bowl in the rain-affected match.)These days he is a plumber in England, his loopy leg-spin having wreaked havoc against New Zealand, who constitute 19 of his 25 Test wickets.New Zealanders, April 1989: White optics This infamous kit was only ever used once in a weird, late season, airline-sponsored, one-off match between a New Zealand XI and Western Australia at the WACA in Perth.It is ridiculously obscure and boasts white as its primary colour, complemented by awkward black lines that may or may not represent wickets. There is a signed John Wright outfit from the game in the Beige Brigade wardrobe, but weve never seen another anywhere in the world, ever.The kit was controversial and caused a lot of head-scratching as the white ball used in the game blended into the bowlers clothes like an optical illusion. The white shirt and trousers were consequently retired, not to be seen ever again.Inexplicably, the New Zealanders got their butts kicked in the game by the unlikely duo of the moustachioed Mike Veletta (bat) and Guinness-lover Alan Mullally (ball).West Indies, 1988-89: Maroon grey West Indies was the first team I supported, aside from New Zealand. Of course I hated Australia, for which Channel 9 was to blame, beaming its Australian propaganda and jingoistic enthusiasm into Kiwi lounges all summer. Tony Coziers dulcet tones were often the only respite.Burnt into my retina is the Windies grey kit with the maroon torso stripes - one fat, two thin. It was the kit that changed colour when the players sweated, like a budget pre-90s Hypercolour t-shirt, the kit West Indies wore when winning the 1984-85 World Series. It was the kit that seemed to unbutton down to the sternum too, a million times cooler than their glow-in-the-dark orange/pink kits of the early World Series.It goes without saying nobody wore it cooler than Viv. Short sleeves, maroon cap, eyes of steel, forearms of iron, Rasta sweatband, fearsome beard: that whole summer I wanted to be Viv, probably even more than that other Vivophile, Ian Botham, wanted to be Viv. Northern Knights, 2009: In the pink Five years ago, the Northern Districts Cricket Association announced plans to put its T20 team into pink shirts as a breast cancer awareness attention-grabber.They have worn it with pride since - Knights pink is a garish, flamboyant option in the mad T20 world of garish, flamboyant options.I love how Pig - or Scotty Styris - has been spotted wallowing in that pink for half a decade, and is still going strong as he huffs and puffs his way around the worlds T20 paddocks.Even the sensible Northern Districts fans of Hamilton, Tauranga, Whangarei and Gisborne were excited, dressing up in pink togas and shelling out for pink merchandise. The only thing missing was the artist formerly known as Alecia Beth Moore.I never wanted the shirt, but I like the idea. Its admirable for being more than a one-off gimmick, having become part of the fabric (sorry, I will get my coat) of the Northern Districts cricket scene.New Zealand, early 80s: The Bruce Edgar Apparently the two-tone beige and brown is Kerry Packers fault. He needed a dark-and-light uniform contrast for Middle Australias plethora of black and white televisions. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt, but surely he didnt sign off on the pooh-brown colour without a smirk across his famous jowls?But then underarm happened: McKechnie throws his bat and Edgar gives the fingers to Trevor Chappell. Sneddens already been robbed of a catch, Howarth rampages out in his socks, and Benaud is outraged. Later, Excalibur monsters a sextet of sixes and Sir Richard glides in, silky smooth. This smorgasbord of extraordinary Kiwi cricket memories is wrapped around by a common thread: tight Kiwi beige.Aside from the underarm ball, the Bruce Edgar uniform that arrived via Daniel Vettoris £100 auction bid is the Beige Brigades most prized possession. The beige has become an icon of Kiwi cricketing success, a hat-tip to the past and a throwback to free-to-air cricket galvanising a nation. Air Force 1 Uk Sale . P.A. Parenteau scored early in the third period to help the Avs edge Toronto 2-1 on Tuesday night. Cory Sarich also scored for Colorado (3-0-0), which is off to its best ever start. Wholesale Air Force 1 . Ouellette, from Montreal, already has three Olympic gold medals since joining the team in 1999. http://www.airforce1uk.com/ . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. Air Force 1 Clearance . -- If Henry Burris has his way, he will be the starting quarterback to lead the Hamilton Tiger-Cats back to the Grey Cup next year. Air Force 1 Uk Cheap . It was just business as usual for the Thunder at home. Durant scored 32 points and the Thunder beat the Bulls 107-95 on Thursday night for their eighth straight win. Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson has accused the NRL and the players association of failing to act to protect players from abuses of privacy and potential extortion attempts.Robinson on Sunday called on the games governing body and the RLPA to step in to prevent proliferation of further incidents after videos of Parramattas Corey Norman and an unnamed Brisbane player were offered for sale to media outlets last week.He believed the two bodies had not done enough to discourage such actions when the humiliating footage of Roosters halfback Mitchell Pearce with a dog was aired on television news in January.He suggested legal action should have been taken.The NRL needs to step in and they need to make it public that you are not are not allowed to sell these on and we will go after the individuals that do this and that is protecting the players, Robinson said.They had an opportunity at the start of the year and they didnt do this, so the Players Association didnt do it either.It is important to get on this pretty quickly ... otherwise it is going to continue.Pearce copped an eight-game suspension and a $125,000 fine agreed by the NRL and his club over the dog video.Robinson was watching with interest to see what further action was taken against Norman.He was stood down from tthis weekends game pending a meeting with Parramatta officials after incurring a drug possession conviction last week and after two videos were made public.ddddddddddddOne of the videos was reportedly of Norman engaged in a sex act and the second shared by Norman was of a man appearing to take drugs.There is no suggestion Norman did anything illegal in the videos.We (the Roosters) are interested, not about Corey Norman, not about anybody else we are hearing about at the moment, we are interested about did they get it right and if that is the standard then the punishment should fit around Mitchell Pearces, Robinson said.There was two points (with Pearce). There was the incident and there was the use of filming that was also very important at that time. They decided to deal with the incident and not deal with that. Now we are having cases where people are trying to sell film to outlets.The NRL had a choice back then to stamp that out, they decided not to deal with it and now they are coming up with more cases.They have to make sure they lead the way in this and protect their players.They didnt back in Mitchell Pearces incident and they need to now. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz