Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 72 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

02.04.2019 08:54
g on three days of rest for the first time in his career.Garcia allowed six runs in 3 1/3 innings for the St. Louis Cardinals in Antworten

MIAMI -- Jaime Garcia wasnt sharp pitching on three days of rest for the first time in his career.Garcia allowed six runs in 3 1/3 innings for the St. Louis Cardinals in an 11-0 loss to the Miami Marlins on Saturday night.Anytime anyone doesnt perform the way we know they can you use any of the variables that you have and thats an obvious variable, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said.Garcia (7-8) allowed seven hits and one walk. He struck out two.I really didnt spend time thinking about (the short rest), Garcia said. No excuse. I didnt execute pitches the way I wanted to. I made mistakes in the middle of the plate against a really good lineup and paid the consequences.Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina extended his hitting streak to 14 games with a double in the fourth inning. Molina is hitting .385 (20 for 52) with two home runs and four RBI during the span.Newly-acquired Colin Rea left early with an elbow injury in his Miami debut.We obviously needed the win, but its not at that cost, Marlins reliever David Phelps said. Hopefully, its nothing, but you never like to see a starter come out of the game when youre strapped for starters to begin with.Rea, acquired in a trade with San Diego, pitched 3 1/3 scoreless innings, allowing one hit and striking out four.I kind of felt something in my elbow and it gradually got worse throughout the game, Rea said. I dont know if I could have thrown another pitch, but well see. We dont know anything yet.Rea initially felt a pain in his arm during warmups before the game, but tried to pitch through it.This definitely isnt at a good time getting to a new team and you kind of feel like you let your teammates down a little bit, Rea said. Its tough, but I guess its just part of it.Phelps (5-5) relieved Rea and threw 2 2/3 scoreless innings, striking out four, to earn the victory.I knew what kind of shape we were in the bullpen and I didnt want to have guys throw that didnt need to throw so I was going to try to eat up as much as I could, Phelps said.Christian Yelich and Jeff Mathis each had three hits and drove in two runs to help lead the Marlins offensive attack.Marcell Ozuna hit a two-run home run and Martin Prado had a two-run double for the Marlins. They drew even with the Cardinals at 56-48 for the second NL wild-card spot.`O puts us up by four early and then we were able to add on, which is nice because they have a dangerous club that can put some runs on the board quick, Marlins manager Don Mattingly said. Weve seen that over the last couple of days.Miami outfielder Ichiro Suzuki remained at 2,998 hits, going 0 for 2 after entering as a defensive replacement in the sixth inning. Suzuki is 2 for 16 on the homestand that concludes Sunday.Mattingly was not sure if Suzuki would be in the starting lineup on Sunday or if he would go with his regular starting outfield.I havent put a lineup out and havent really thought it too much, but our (regular) guys are swinging the bat good, Mattingly said.The Marlins scored four runs in the first, sparked by Ozunas two-run homer -- his 19th.Were down four runs in the first, Matheny said. I dont think overall ugliness is the proper description.Miami also plated four in the fourth keyed by a two-run double by Prado to push its lead to 8-0. Prado is hitting .472 (17 for 36) with two home runs and 11 RBI in his last 10 games.Florida added three runs in the sixth.It didnt go the way we wanted from the beginning and then it was just a matter of trying to survive, Matheny said.TRAINERS ROOMCardinals: 3B Jhonny Peralta (thumb) took batting practice with hopes of being reinstated from the disabled list on Tuesday when the Cardinals begin a series at Cincinnati. ... IF Matt Carpenter (oblique) and 1B Brandon Moss (ankle) are also close to returning to a crowded infield. Well figure out how it all comes together and how we plug them in when we get there, Matheny said.Marlins: LHP Wei-Yin Chen (sprained elbow) is in the process of returning, but will not make the road trip when the team heads out Aug. 1-7. Chen is starting the process-not throwing, but with strengthening exercises, Mattingly said. He seems to be OK. ... RHP Tom Koehler dealt with a minor pectoral injury in his last start and was moved from his scheduled start on Sunday to Wednesday in Chicago to make way for Andrew Cashner and give him more rest. Hes fine, Mattingly said.UP NEXTCardinals: RHP Carlos Martinez (10-6, 2.87 ERA) will start Sundays series finale against the Marlins. Martinez has only allowed three extra-base hits to right-handed batters this season.Marlins: RHP Andrew Cashner (4-7, 4.76) will make his Marlins debut after being acquired in a trade with San Diego on Friday. Cashner is 1-0 with a 2.55 ERA and 23 strikeouts to just three walks over his last three starts. DeMarcus Ware Jersey .Y. -- Marcell Dareus and the Buffalo Bills defence made life miserable for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco. Emmitt Smith Jersey . LOUIS -- Attorneys for the St. http://www.shoptheofficialcowboys.com/Customized/ . Terms of the deal were not immediately available. The 26-year-old finished last season with Clevelands Triple-A affiliate in Columbus after signing with the Indians in August. Terrell Owens Jersey . Brett Kulak and Jackson Houck of the Vancouver Giants were each charged with assault causing bodily harm on Aug. 18, according to the B.C. court services. Daryl Johnston Jersey . Nathan MacKinnon, Jamie McGinn and Jan Hejda also scored for the Avalanche, who won despite being outshot 38-23. MacKinnons goal, also on the power play, came with just over a minute remaining. INDIANAPOLIS -- Klay Thompson kept his shooting touch in sync Monday night.All he needed was a trip to his second home.The All-Star guard again dazzled Indiana Pacers fans with a knockout performance. He scored 25 points in 26 minutes and took the entire fourth quarter off, leading the Golden State Warriors to a 120-83 rout for their eighth consecutive victory.It was the worst home loss for Indiana in its NBA history.Breakout games at Bankers Life Fieldhouse are becoming the norm for Thompson. He scored 16 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter and made a last-second shot to beat the division-leading Pacers 98-96 in March 2014. The next two times he came to town, Thompson scored 39 points in each game.This time, he went 10 of 18 from the field and 4 of 10 on 3-pointers.Hes a professional shooter, teammate and two-time NBA MVP Stephen Curry said. Theres no two ways around it. Its the same process -- getting in the gym, getting shots up, never losing confidence and sticking with it.Especially when Thompson plays in Indiana.Curry finished with 22 points. Kevin Durant, the 2013-14 MVP, had 14 points, 11 rebounds and six assists for the Warriors.Indiana (7-8) looked tired after earning its first road win Sunday night in overtime at Oklahoma City. The Pacers also played short-handed, with three-time All-Star Paul George, starting center Myles Turner and backup forward C.J. Miles all out with injuries.The difference showed in Indianas most lopsided home defeat as an NBA franchise, breaking the previous mark set by the Los Angeles Clippers in a 102-68 rout.Rodney Stuckey led the Pacers with 21 points, Thaddeus Young had 14 and Indiana was never close after the first quarter.Tonight we just didnt have it, Pacers coach Nate McMillan said. It seemed like our legs were gone and we basically couldnt keep up with them.Golden State took control with an early 15-4 run, pulled away with a 13-4 spurt late in the second quarter and extended its 61-42 halftime lead to 100-71 after three. All the Warriors starters stayed on the bench in the fourth.ddddddddddddTHE HALFTIME SHOWAfter starting the game with four consecutive misses, Curry put on quite a show. He scored 12 in the first half and the rest of his points in the third quarter. But it was the 3-pointer that didnt count that drew the loudest roars from the crowd. A 70-footer dropped through the net as the buzzer sounded at the end of the first half. The shot prompted a replay review that showed the original call was correct -- the ball left Currys hands after the horn.UNWELCOME WAGONA couple of Pacers fans provided a not-so-warm welcome to the Warriors -- with some help from Reggie Miller. As one person held a sign using an altered version of Millers No. 31 jersey, which read Yall blew a 3-1 lead (hash)Dudnation, the fan next to him gave the choke sign Miller popularized during one of the Pacers memorable playoff series against the New York Knicks.TIP-INSWarriors: Finished 13 of 36 on 3-pointers, with six players making at least one. ... Golden State had 31 assists on 40 baskets. ... The Warriors grabbed a season-high 60 rebounds. ... Former Pacers forward David West drew a few boos when he made his first basket, early in the second quarter.Pacers: Point guard Jeff Teague left in the third with a sprained right ankle. McMillan said Teague could have played but the team opted to hold him out. ... Al Jefferson had four points and Glenn Robinson III added eight as the replacements for Turner and George, respectively. ... Indiana is 6-3 at home, where it will play its next three games.UP NEXTWarriors: Return home Wednesday for the first of two straight games against the Lakers. Earlier this month, Los Angeles won the first of four meetings this season.Pacers: Host Atlanta on Wednesday. It will be the first time Teague faces his former team since being traded to Indiana this summer. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz