Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 77 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

31.03.2019 08:27
ke I said, people dont get too crazy. Dont expect that Im going to steal 60 bases, but Im going to get my chance and Im going to Antworten

NEW YORK -- New York Mets fans greeted Jose Reyes at Citi Field like it was old times, giving him a standing ovation before his first at-bat with the organization in five seasons.Reyes proceeded to go hitless in four at-bats in the Mets 5-2 loss to the Miami Marlins on Tuesday, although Reyes was grateful for the reception.I felt like it was my first career game in the big leagues, Reyes said. Thats the way that I felt. It was good to see the reaction of the fans. ... I didnt know what to expect. When I got out to home plate, even when I came out to stretch, people were saying my name loud. They support me. Thats good to see.Hours before his first major league game in nine months, Reyes said he understood that he would not universally be welcomed back.Reyes batted leadoff and played third base for the Mets. It marked his first big league game since an Oct. 31 domestic-violence incident involving his wife in Hawaii. The incident did not lead to criminal prosecution, but it did result in a suspension for the opening two months of this season.Reyes signed a minor league contract with the Mets after being released by the Colorado Rockies.The Mets demoted infielder Matt Reynolds to Triple-A Las Vegas and transferred David Wright to the 60-day disabled list to clear room for Reyes.I know there are some people who are going to hate me, Reyes said. I understand that. I put myself in that situation, like Ive said before. But people who know me from the bottom of their heart, they know Im not that kind of person. Im a human being. Human beings make mistakes. Nobody is perfect.You have to learn from the mistakes. I did everything possible that MLB told me. I paid my suspension. I went to counseling, and Im going to continue to be open to doing that -- to be a better man, a better husband, a better daddy in the house and stuff like that, a better teammate.This is the first time I went through something like this. Ive never gotten in trouble before. Im the kid who came from the Dominican Republic just loving this game of baseball. Im very happy to be back, doing what I love to do.Despite Tuesdays 0-for-4 performance, Reyes should help the Mets, who are highly dependent on the home run, to be more proficient at manufacturing runs. The Mets rank last in the National League with 16 steals.Still, the 33-year-old Reyes noted he is not the same player he was when he played for the Mets from 2003 through 2011 and became the franchises all-time steals leader. He swiped 370 bases for the Mets during that nine-season span.People have to understand, when I was here, I was the guy who was stealing 60 bases, Reyes said. ... Now Im 33. But I can still run a little bit. Last year in [116] games I stole 24 bases. Thats good in [116] games. Thats something Im going to bring to this ballclub -- a little bit of speed. Like I said, people dont get too crazy. Dont expect that Im going to steal 60 bases, but Im going to get my chance and Im going to steal some bases for this ballclub and put myself in scoring position. Right now Im a little bit of a different player. Theres no doubt about that.Catcher Travis dArnaud gave up No. 7 so Reyes could have his old number back. DArnaud, an Indianapolis Colts fan, switched to No. 18 as a tribute to Peyton Manning.Wilmer Flores will be displaced as the primary third baseman, but manager Terry Collins still plans to keep him involved, at least against left-handed pitching. Flores manned second base on Tuesday and, likely, will start at first base on Wednesday. Reyes primarily should play third base for the Mets, although Collins said he likely would expose Reyes to center field as well. Reyes, a four-time All-Star as a shortstop, professed not to care about his position. He suggested that the Mets are his home. And no matter where you are in your home, you are comfortable.When you go to your house, and you go home, it doesnt matter where you sleep, Reyes said. If youre in the kitchen, bathroom, it doesnt matter. Youre going to feel comfortable, right? So this is my home. Everywhere that he puts me, Im going to be happy. Im going to perform the best that I can to help this ballclub to win a game every single day, every time I step on the field.Reyes did not receive any chances at third base on Tuesday, other than receiving a throw from DArnaud on a successful steal by the Marlins in the ninth inning.Im disappointed I didnt get any hits, either, Reyes said. But it is what it is. Hopefully tomorrow I get some opportunities. But I was ready. Today was a little bit different because it was my first game back. I was a little bit extra pumped. Tomorrow I think Im going to be more settled down. Buy Nike Air Max 270 Canada . Perhaps Carroll was so prepared for a break because he believes there is very little the Seattle Seahawks need heading into the off-season. "I dont see anything that we need to add. We just have to get better," Carroll said. Air Max 270 Outlet Canada . Kiriasis and brakeman Franziska Fritz finished two runs in one minute 55.41 seconds -- a mere 0.01 seconds ahead of Meyers and Lolo Jones, who likely bolstered her Olympic hopes by helping give USA-1 a huge push in the second heat. http://www.airmax270canada.com/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. Nike Air Max 270 Canada . Ronaldo produced a spectacular individual performance on Tuesday, scoring all three goals and guiding Portugal into the next years World Cup in Brazil with a 3-2 victory in Sweden. The Real Madrid forward has scored 66 goals in 2013, but the last three may be the boost he needs to upstage Messi after FIFA unexpectedly extended the voting period for the Ballon dOr to Nov. Air Max 270 Online Canada . Oaklands loss to Seattle clinched the ALs best record for the Red Sox with one day to spare in the regular season. "I think everybody was kind of watching," catcher David Ross said. "Demp (Ryan Dempster) came out before he went to the bullpen and was just yelling that they lost. WASHINGTON -- For the first time since his knee surgery in May, John Wall played in back-to-back games, and the result was a rare win for the Washington Wizards.Wall scored 23 points and had 11 assists and Otto Porter added 21 points as the Wizards won for just the third time in 11 games, beating the New York Knicks 119-112 on Thursday night.Wall sat out games in the first two Washington back-to-backs this season, and the Wizards lost both times.After Wednesday nights disheartening loss to the 76ers where Wall played 24 minutes, Washington coach Scott Brooks felt his star guard was ready to go again.There was going to be a time during the season where he was going to have to play back-to-back, Brooks said. The way he was progressing during the last four or five weeks, we felt that it was a good time.Brooks didnt want to play Wall more than 32 minutes, and when the Wizards opened up a 27-point lead late in the third quarter, it looked as if Wall could play much less than that.But New York scored 47 points in the fourth quarter, and Brooks put Wall back in the game in the final minutes.Once the Knicks went on a 12-0 run to cut the lead to 108-98 with 2:37 to play, Wall secured the win with two late baskets and four free throws.New York was led by Derrick Rose with 27. Carmelo Anthony scored 19, and Kristaps Porzingis, who had a career-high 35 against Detroit on Wednesday night, was held to 16. Brandon Jennings had 15 of his season-high 17 points in the fourth quarter.WHAT WALL BRINGSBrooks liked much about Walls game.He had a major impact in the first half, and I think he only had two points, Brooks said. There are a few pllayers in the league that can impact a game with passing and defense, and hes one of them.ddddddddddddWall had been eager to test himself, and was confident he passed the test.I dont like to miss games. I felt like I could have played earlier, but it was just part of what the doctors plan was, Wall said.LACK OF EFFORTDespite the late fourth quarter charge, Rose didnt necessarily like what he saw from his teammates.Tonight was effort, Rose said. When we see someone down or we see someone where things are not clicking, thats when weve got to come together as a team. So its still early in the year. Weve still got a lot more games to play. It just takes time.DEFENSE LACKINGNew York allowed a season high in points and Washington shot 54.3 percent.Some of that is guys are wide open. Theres a few of them that were contested, but we looked like we were a little tired from last night and we werent getting all the way up on the guys. And to win on the road, youve got to play good defense, coach Jeff Hornacek said.TIP-INSKnicks: F Lance Thomas missed his third straight game with a sore left ankle. ... C Joakim Noah was assessed a technical foul midway through the third quarter. . Have lost 10 of last 11 to Washington.Wizards: Made a season-high 15 3-pointers. . G Bradley Beal returned after missing three games with a right hamstring injury and had 18 points.UP NEXTKnicks: Host Atlanta on Sunday. The Hawks have won six straight.Wizards: Host Miami on Saturday. Its the second of three consecutive home games. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz