Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

18.02.2019 08:21
ony Azevedo, who was born in Brazil, is competing in his fifth Olympics. His father, Ricardo, is a former coach of the U.S. mens Antworten

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Senior striker Sophie Groff converted a penalty kick in the 74th minute to lift No. 1 seed South Carolina womens soccer to a 1-0 win over 20th-ranked Colorado in the second round of the NCAA Tournament Thursday night at Stone Stadium. The victory gave the No. 3 ranked Gamecocks (20-1-1) their most wins in a season ever and advanced them to the NCAA Tournament third round for the third time in school history. Colorado ends its 2016 campaign at 15-6-1 following the loss.Groffs game-winner came after she was taken down in the box trying to collect a cross from senior forward Daija Griffin from the right side. Colorado goalkeeper Jalen Tompkins charged into Groff and knocked her down to set up the ensuing attempt from 12 yards out. Groff, who opened the NCAA Tournament with a multi-goal match last Friday, saw Tompkins dive right and calmly slipped the ball into the left side of the net. The goal marked her second successful penalty kick of the season.Carolina, which put six shots on frame Thursday, nearly opened the scoring on two separate occasions in the first half. In the 17th minute, senior midfielder Chelsea Drennans corner kick located senior center back Paige Bendell deep inside the box. Bendell drilled a header towards net that deflected off Groff before being cleared off the line by a Colorado defender. The Gamecocks almost broke through in the 35th minute when Griffin rifled a shot from the left side of the box that was knocked away by Tompkins. The deflection created a dangerous loose ball, and Tompkins was able to punch it away again before a charging Groff could tap it in.The Gamecocks bid for a goal fell just shot again in the 50th minute when junior forward Savannah McCaskill raced to the ball and sent a diving cross into the box. Her delivery found Drennan, who one-timed a shot that missed just left. Less than 10 minutes after Groffs goal, McCaskill nearly doubled the advantage after sending a header wide left following a Carolina corner kick.Colorados best chance of the night came in the 55th minute when Buffalo forward Emily Bruder evaded the defense and found herself one-on-one with Gamecock goalkeeper Mikayla Krzeczowski. Krzeczowski charged off her line and used her leg to turn the shot away before Carolina center back Kaleigh Kurtz cleared the danger.The Gamecocks finished the match with a 15-9 shot advantage and attempted five corner kicks. Colorado put five attempts on target and totaled four corner kicks throughout the contest. Krzeczowski tallied five saves to earn her 10th shutout of the year and improve to 17-1-1 in 2016.QUOTABLEIm so proud of this team and what theyve done all year. I keep saying, you dont really understand what youve done until you can reflect upon it. Were all so focused on the run and meeting our own expectations of doing well. This team has shown all year (that) they find a way to win and they can play against the best. - South Carolina womens soccer coach Shelley SmithGAMECHANGERSenior forward Sophie Groff clinched the victory for the Gamecocks with her penalty kick in the 74th minute. The tally was the 10th career game-winning goal for the Grapevine, Texas, native.KEY STATThe Gamecocks limited the Buffaloes to just two shots on goal in the second half. Only four Colorado players registered a shot on the night.NOTABLESouth Carolina has reached the Round of 16 in the NCAA Tournament in two of the last three years. Senior striker Sophie Groffs nine career points (4G, 1A) in NCAA Tournament play are the most by a Gamecock ever. The Gamecocks are 4-of-5 on penalty attempts this season. Groff and senior midfielder Chelsea Drennan have both made two penalty shots on the year. South Carolinas 13 shutouts this fall are two shy of the programs single-season record. The Gamecocks have allowed just three goals at home in 2016. UP NEXTSouth Carolina faces No. 4 seed BYU in NCAA Tournament third round action Saturday at Stone Stadium. The fourth-ranked Cougars downed 25th-ranked Oklahoma 2-1 in Columbia earlier Thursday. Kickoff this weekend is slated for 7 p.m. ET. Yeezy Boost 350 Vendita Online . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that. Yeezy Boost 350 Offerte . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. http://www.yeezy350outlet.it/ . William Carrier opened the scoring for Cape Breton (6-4-2), but Andrew Ryan tied the game and Brent Andrews put the Mooseheads (8-6-0) in front for good with a short-handed goal at 13:49 of the second period. Yeezy Boost 350 Outlet . In Europe, top teams seem to be largely happy with their squads after spending nearly $1 billion in the off-season. And although English league clubs are unlikely to splash cash in January, Arsenal and Chelsea could be tempted to strengthen their squads with new strikers. Yeezy Boost 350 Scontate . The 31-year-old Spain midfielder hasnt played since Madrid lost in the Copa del Rey final to Atletico Madrid in May due to back and foot injuries. When Dejan Udovicic was 26 years old and playing water polo in his native Belgrade, his longtime and highly respected coach, Nikola Stamenic, came up to him with a suggestion. I think you can one day be a coach. Would you think about that?After 10 days of considering it, Udovicic told Stamenic that yes, he definitely was interested in coaching. Stamenic said good, and a few days later he began to go over some elements of water polo with him. Udovicic interrupted by saying it wasnt necessary to go into such particulars because he already knew them quite well. Which upset Stamenic.He said to me, You dont know anything! You are ZERO! You dont know ANYTHING! Udovicic recalls. The guy who had been teaching me for the last 15 years, who taught me everything I knew, is telling me I dont know anything about water polo. ... Before he was telling me I would be good, and now he is telling me that I dont know anything.Udovicic went away upset, sad, confused, ashamed and frustrated. And, as it turned out, driven.As critical as that comment from Stamenic was, Udovicic says, It is the greatest sentence someone said to me in my whole coaching career. From that moment I started to become a coach. I did everything. I started from zero. I did my homework from the beginning. Some coaches skip some parts. I did my homework. Step by step I became a coach. ...In that moment, I was lucky. And at some point in your life and some time in sport, you need to feel lucky.Udovicic, 46, made his way up the coaching ranks, working at many levels, helping his players get lucky and eventually becoming head coach of the Serbian national team in 2006. As a coach, he won European and world championships and bronze medals at the 2008 and 2012 Olympics. In 2013, Udovicic left Serbia for another coaching challenge -- perhaps his biggest yet.He is now the head coach of the U.S. mens water polo team. Though the U.S. women won gold in 2012 (and also medaled at the three previous Games), the U.S. men have never won an Olympic championship in water polo (they won in 1904 when it was just a demonstration sport). Udovicic promises he will end that drought and also make water polo far bigger in the States.Im pleased that we have so much room to improve. And I think that we can, not just to improve, but we can also give something new to water polo, Udovicic says. We are trying. It still is not visible and may not be visible one year from now. But step by step we are building something huge.Vlade Divac, the former NBA All-Star and current general manager of the Sacramento Kings, is the president of the Olympic Committee of Serbia and knows Udovicic well. He likes the coachs chances of turning the U.S. into a contender.Knowing that they have probably the best infrastructure in terms of facilities and pools, I think definitely the USA could be a superpower, Divac says.Treading water in the U.S.Water polo is enormously popular in Serbia, as well as Croatia, Hungary, Montenegro, Italy and other countries in that region of Europe. Serbia and Hungary (which has won nine Olympic gold medals) even have national water polo days. But water polo definitely is not a sport followed by many people in the United States. Or ever watched at all, if it is even on TV for that matter.In the United States, says U.S. national team player Alex Roelse, football has its own day of the week. Were not going to get TV time if football or basketball is playing; if anything like that is playing, were out. Thats bad, but once youre over there in Europe, you go into a stadium and it will be packed. Youve got people going crazy. TV, media and all these fans, admiring their greatest stars.And theyre not football players, theyre not basketball players. Theyre water polo players.The biggest water polo match in the United States might be the annual NCAA championship, which drew just over 1,200 fans last year. It wasnt even mentioned on TV, Roelse says. Whereas in Eastern Europe, you get 18,000 people in the stadium.Water polo is a fun sport to watch, filled with exciting, constant action and superb athletes. Its kind of like LeBron James, Steph Curry and others playing hoops, only instead of dribbling and shooting on a hardcourt, they are in a swimming pool battling against the likes of Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte and some other very athletic and fierce opponents.Imagine a defensive lineman that can swim at speed in the water and has skills in wrestling, U.S. player Josh Samuels says. Thats what were dealing with.So why dont more Americans watch it?I think its hard to follow. You never know what is a foul and what isnt, Divac says. When you know people and engage with that sport, you realize how difficult it is. Its a very difficult sport to play. If you dont do things the right way, youre going to drown. There are no shortcuts.(Divac was exaggerating about the drowning part, which was not an issue for him when he sometimes played water polo; he says he was tall enough that he could occasionally stand on the bottom of the pool.)Its a chess match in the water -- a chess match and a cage match all at once, Samuels says. My theory on why its hard for people to get involved is if you are watching a basketball game or a football game and the refs are blowing whistles or throwing a flag all the time, people get a little annoyed at the stoppage. Why am I hearing so many whistles? Why are they calling so many fouls? Water polo is governed by whistles. There are whistles and whistles, and people dont understand what the whistles mean. And were still playing. People get confused.So the rules to outsiders are a little confusing, but once you get to know the game, you love it.Udovicic has always loved the sport -- Water polo is my life, he says -- beginning when his father took him and his twin brother, Darko, to a pool when they were 7 years old. The sport was huge in the Balkans then and is huge there now. Udovicic wants to make it popular in America -- or at least significantly more popular than it is now. Winning a gold medal would help a bit, but he also would like to see the sport played more outside the amateur ranks.A U.S. semipro water polo league started in 2015 with teams playing a series of four weekend tournaments, mostly in California, where the sport is by far the strongest (every player on the 2016 team has attended or will attend a California university). When it might become a fully professional league is entirely up in the air, but Udovicic says he would like to help it grow so American players have more opportunities to play in the States after their college careers end.I dont want to see U.S. players going to Europe to pllay professionally instead of staying here and playing professionally, Udovicic says.dddddddddddd We have good pools. We have good communities. We have everything we need. We dont need to be like the NBA, like Major League Baseball. We need to look at ourselves and, step by step, my idea is to establish some semi-professional leagues that play from March to the middle of July [so] that we have clubs and people who would be enjoying good water polo.A different style of water poloUdovicic was good enough at water polo that he started playing professionally when he was just 15 years old. He competed for Belgrades Partizan team -- Divac played for the Partizan basketball squad -- which would occasionally scrimmage against a crosstown rival at the 11 April sports club. Due to bombings in Belgrade late in the Balkan wars, the clubs pool was abandoned as a water polo venue.There were conflicts all around, Udovicic says. Filling and heating the pool was expensive. And what they told me is they found some problems under the bottom of the pool. They could not repair that, and they needed a lot of money. So they shut down the pool and took water out. And after few months someone came and said, OK, water polo and the swimmers cannot use this. So lets put the tennis players inside. That was good.It was very good. Tennis stars?Ana Ivanovic, Jelena Jankovic and Novak Djokovic?trained there. And perhaps an athlete who once played water polo?there can create yet another champion. Udovicic definitely wont be satisfied if he doesnt.Not surprisingly for a top player and coach, Udovicic has always been very competitive. When he was younger, he and Darko would play one-on-one basketball, and occasionally the sessions would have be to cut short when the two fought. Samuels says that he has been told that if Udovicic lost a game, he would get so upset he would lock himself in his room.During the game I dont recognize you, Udovicic says of playing against his brother or friends. You do not exist for me.Udovicic is the fourth U.S. coach in the past five Olympics, including Ratko Rudic, who also was from the former Yugoslavia (Croatia). Udovicic replaced Terry Schroeder, who coached the 2008 team that won silver in Beijing and the 2012 squad in London. Udovicic has been teaching the current team the European style of water polo, which differs from the American style.The [previous] team had been together for a long time and they were a little older players, so Terry was all tactics, Samuels says. For us, were working on a lot of individual skills.When Udovicic took over the U.S. team, he says he was instructed to not tell the athletes they needed to change because some people can respond poorly to that word. Instead, he needed to explain differences and teach them step by step. He says learning to do so made him a better coach.He built the Serbian team through the early stages, and that team he coached is now the best team in the world, Roelse says. He wants to establish the same idea here. Hes going to be working with us and wants us to be up there in the next few years. He wants to make sure this young team can carry on so we can be going for the next eight years.U.S. water polo captain Tony Azevedo, who was born in Brazil, is competing in his fifth Olympics. His father, Ricardo, is a former coach of the U.S. mens national team and is currently head coach for China. Despite that rich background in the sport, Tony Azevedo says Udovicic is the coach who really opened his eyes to water polo.For the most part when you get a great coach under you, you understand you have to work hard but pretty much understand where hes going, Azevedo says. Dejan is totally new. Hes so intelligent about the game of water polo.Apparently, his level of knowledge is not zero.Building around youthThere was some controversy in Serbia when Udovicic left to coach the U.S, but he says he didnt let it bother him. After all, Herb Brooks did not get much grief when he chose to coach the French hockey team in the 1998 Olympics after having helped America to perhaps its greatest international victory in sports with the Miracle on Ice at Lake Placid.I dont think Ill have any problems ever, because everybody knows me, Udovicic says. When I was in Serbia I gave 120 percent, and here Im doing the same. And the people respect this and they are pleased.The U.S. men may not be the favorites in Rio, but they have been making progress. They won gold in the Pan-Am Games last year. They won the FINA World League Intercontinental Tournament this spring, and in June they finished second in the FINA World League Super Final, losing to Serbia.With a veteran-laden squad, the U.S. team reached the quarterfinals at the 2012 Olympics before losing 8-2 to Croatia, the eventual gold medalist. While there are four Olympic vets on the 2016 team, the squad is much younger than it was in London. The 13-man Rio roster includes two teenagers, Thomas Dunstan and Ben Hallock, and only four players older than the 25-year-old Samuels.Theyre young, Udovicic says. Youve got Ben Hallock. He is 18, but he is the future. Bret Bonanni broke Tony Azevedos record at Stanford for scoring most goals. He was nominated to the top three players in world. He was born in 1994. I am very pleased. ...We are not at all behind Europeans in potential in young categories. We just need to be smart and to organize ourselves to give our players top competition.One advantage the European players have is experience. Udovicic estimates Europeans play twice as many quality games a year as Americans. Thats huge, he says.To help combat that, he has made sure the U.S. team has played the top European teams as much as possible, such as Serbia, which it hosted in four-game series in 2014 and 2015. The U.S. also takes longer international tours.This is all part of Udovicics plan to grow the team and the sport. With the core of young players, he is looking to the future.What I like in this team is they are fully focused, Udovicic says. They are becoming united because they come from Stanford and Cal, UCLA, USC. Now they need to feel that theyre defending something great, something good.Im spreading the virus, the winning virus inside of the team.The U.S. got off to a slow start in Rio, losing its first two games in the preliminary round before notching a 6-3 win over France on Wednesday. If they do not reach Udovicics expectations this year, perhaps this growing team can do so in Tokyo.I am guaranteeing it, Udovicic says. Gold medal in 2020. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz