Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 News
LAM Offline

01.01.2019 09:20
American League representative at the World Series had to play its designated hitter, Carlos Santana, in left field Friday night Antworten

CHICAGO -- For the first time in four years, the American League representative at the World Series had to play its designated hitter, Carlos Santana, in left field Friday night. But commissioner Rob Manfred said he is not in favor of playing the World Series under a single set of rules in future years.I think the problem is picking what that one set of rules is, Manfred told ESPN.com, following Friday nights presentation of the Roberto Clemente Award.The National League plays without a DH all year. Their team is built to play without a DH. Its the opposite in the American League. And I think the competitive ramifications of picking a single set of rules would be significant.Both teams have to adjust. Each of them has to adjust at some point in the series. And given that we play the game two different ways during the year, that makes some sense to me.While the commissioner has expressed an openness to changing the game in many other ways, he has consistently said he is in favor of keeping the DH rule. So he doesnt believe in changing that, even though having different sets of rules presents a major impact on baseballs most important games of the year.Honestly, I remain of the view that the principal value of the difference in rules is the conversation that it generates, Manfred said. Even in a week where we have two unbelievable story lines [involving each team], most of the last 24 hours have been consumed by conversations about the designated hitter. And when people are talking about the game, I think thats a good thing for the game.Indians manager Terry Francona admits he is biased, but he believes American League teams are penalized by the inability to use their best lineups.I dont think it makes it a bad game, he said before Game 3. I just dont necessarily agree with this. I just think you set your team up the way you set it up, and then you get to the most important games and youre doing something different.Cubs skipper Joe Maddon, a former manager for the ALs Tampa Bay Rays for nine years, told the Chicago Tribune in September hed prefer the MLB move to eradicate the DH as opposed to including the DH in the National League.Its a better game, a more interesting game, Maddon said. If you want to teach the game to young people trying to understand and learn our game and are really into the nuances, the NL game is a lot more of that.Now having had a chance to do both, theres no comparison with these two games.?Manfred understands that the risks the Indians had to take in playing Santana in the outfield gave more ripple effects than an ordinary DH-rule conversation.But I also believe that unless youre going to play by a single set of rules all year long, theres no way you can take the World Series and say were going to use the American League rules or were going to use the National League rules, because somebody is disadvantaged, he said. Both teams -- the National League team when theyre in the American League park and the American League team when theyre here in the National League park -- have to make an adjustment. Air Max 720 Outlet . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. Wholesale Air Max 720 Cheap . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. http://www.cheapairmax720.us/ . 4 Villanova with a 96-68 drubbing on Monday. Wragge hit 9-of-14 from behind the arc, matching Kyle Korvers school record for 3-pointers in a game set in 2003, as Creighton (16-3, 6-1 Big East broke a conference record with 21 treys in the rout. Cheap Nike Air Max 720 . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision. Cheap Nike Air Max 720 China .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city.Chelseas head coach Antonio Conte believes Eden Hazard is enjoying himself this season after buying into the Italians vision for the Blues. The west London club travel to Middlesbrough for the Super Sunday clash at The Riverside live on Sky Sports 1 HD from 3.30pm, with Chelsea in a position to move top of the Premier League table after finishing 10th last season.Hazard was an integral part of their title success during 2014-15, but struggled in the following campaign. The 25-year-old Belgian has already netted seven goals this campaign and Conte said: I like to see my players always involved in the project, in the idea of football. Antonio Conte has been happy with Hazards form of late You can see Eden is always involved in the game, not calm and off during the game.Hes always a point of reference for his team-mates. I think hes fantastic. If you want to pass the ball, hes always in the right position to receive. Mboro vs Chelsea November 20, 2016, 3:30pm Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass To be a complete player you must do both phases, with the ball and without the ball.dddddddddddd Eden is doing this and its fantastic.When we have the ball you can see that he can have freedom, but always to respect the other roles and the other two strikers, (Diego) Costa and Pedro. Conte discussed Hazards form at his Friday press conference, saying the Belgian is playing fantastic football For this reason always there is a rotation of these three strikers.In this system, Eden is working a lot without the ball, but in a position more ahead than before. And for him its better. Also See: Whats changed for Hazard? Sky Live: Middlesbrough v Chelsea Chelsea fixtures Chelsea stats Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys [url=http://www.cheaptexasrangersjersey.com/]Ch

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz