Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 News
LAM Offline

29.12.2018 05:43
s City Council paused to honor Kobe Bryant and reflect on everything he has done since he arrived in the city 20 years ago it wa Antworten

LOS ANGELES -- Even as the Los Angeles City Council paused to honor Kobe Bryant and reflect on everything he has done since he arrived in the city 20 years ago it was evident that Bryants mind was elsewhere, looking ahead, consumed with what comes next.Wednesday was Kobe Bryant Day in L.A., by official proclamation. And after some awkward bits of democracy -- when citizens used the open microphone to decry city expenditures, say Go Lakers! and hurl expletives and racial slurs -- the council got down to honoring Bryants basketball accomplishments and civic contributions in his two-decade career with the Los Angeles Lakers as purple-and-gold clad fans filled council chambers chanting Ko-be and M-V-P.When Kobe Bryant and the Lakers were playing well we were all Angelenos, united and watching greatness, council member Jose Huizar said.The unforgettable moments at the buzzer inspired us to work harder on the things in our lives, Mayor Eric Garcetti said.Speaking in Spanish at the conclusion of his remarks, Garcetti said Bryant represents the spirit of Los Angeles and the heart of Los Angeles.Bryant, with his daughters and pregnant wife by his side, watched the video recap of his 60-point effort in his final NBA game, then listened to the speeches. Lots of speeches.He kept using the word surreal to describe the day. Hed been feted at City Hall before, but when the Lakers were celebrating championships. This was a celebration of him.It feels different because it is different, he said as he entered the garage and took an elevator up to the third floor.When he had his turn at the microphone he conluded by saying:This is an incredible and wonderful city. And after todays amazing celebration, I hope that this legacy extends beyond basketball. I hope that August 24, on this day, is a celebration of passion and hard work, dedication and mentorship. Because teaching the next generation how to achieve greatness is really what its all about. And together as a city we can do this. We only play for one thing in this city, and thats winning championships. Inspiring the next generation to achieve their dreams, whatever that dream might be, is the most important thing. We need each other to do it. And together we will do that, and certainly we will win championship after championship.His news conference afterward had little do with basketball. His first two questions were about his newly announced venture capital fund [Im not looking for the massive multiple, Im looking for the passion for the idea, Bryant said] and the challenge of defeating homelessness.He seemed as comfortable talking about these non-basketball issues as any of the politicians were during the day, and it was evident he was well prepared for his post-basketball transition.I was ready, Bryant said. This is a process that Ive been on for 17 years, to try to figure out what comes next. What you understand as athletes, once you hang up the first passion you have to find something that youre just as passionate about. Its very difficult. It was difficult for me. I was born to play basketball. From the age of 4, this is all I knew. but I knew it comes to an end, so what comes next? But it took me 17 years for me to figure out what that is. Its a lot of hard work, its a lot of reading. For the last three years, I was ready.There was one bit of basketball business to attend to. The city chose this date -- Aug. 24, or 8/24 -- because it represented the two jersey numbers Bryant wore during his career. So how would Bryant differentiate between the two versions of him?I think 24 grew to have more perspective, Bryant said. Eight was like a racehorse, youve got the blinders on, you see one thing, youre going after it. Twenty-four, you start getting a little broad[er] perspective, you have a little more awareness.Which number would he chose to hang in Staples Center?Ill probably flip a coin, he said with a grin. Nike Basketball Shoes Cheap . The 18th player to shoot 60 on the tour, Jamieson settled for par on the final hole when his 15-foot birdie chip grazed the edge of the hole and stayed out. After opening with rounds of 66 and 73 to make the cut by a stroke, he had 11 birdies in the bogey-free round. Nike Basketball Shoes For Sale . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory. http://www.nikebasketballshoesclearance.com/ . While hell be dialed in to that tournament on a course he loves, you can forgive him if his eyes glance down the calendar just a bit, towards April. Nike Basketball Shoes Wholesale . Malkin got tangled up with Detroits Luke Glendening early in the third period and his left skate took the brunt of collision with the boards behind Pittsburghs net. Nike Basketball Shoes Clearance .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. DES MOINES, Iowa -- Grant Kraemer passed for 246 yards and three touchdowns, and Conley Wilkins ran for 78 yards and a score to help Drake beat Butler 28-14 on Saturday.Drake jumped to a 14-0 lead after Kraemer connected with Eric Saubert for a 9-yard score and Grant Menard from 8-yards out. The Bulldogs scored 14 straight in the third quarter on Menards 20-yard touchdown grab and Wilkins 6-yard run.Menard caught six passes for 88 yards and two touchdowns for Drake (6-4, 5-2 Pioneer), which hhas won 10 straight home games in the series.dddddddddddd. Saubert added four catches and 57 yards.Wilkins is just 59 yards away from becoming the first Bulldog to rush for 1,000 yards since 2007.Malcolm Weaver passed for 154 yards and one interception for Butler (4-7, 2-6). He also had 57 yards rushing and a touchdown. Duvante Lane added 58 yards rushing and a TD. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys [url=http://www.cheapastrosjersey.com/]Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz