Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 66 mal aufgerufen
 News
LAM Offline

27.12.2018 06:24
s about the kids being there and seeing how excited they were. The thing I enjoyed most was being able to spend time with each k Antworten

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana president Kelly Krauskopf initially built the fledgling Fever around home-state star Stephanie White.Turns out, the hard-working rookie she drafted in 2001, Tamika Catchings, emerged as the face of the franchise.On Sunday, the two most iconic players in Fever history -- one now the coach -- will say farewell to the WNBA in their final regular-season home game. Coach White is taking over the Vanderbilt program and Catchings is retiring.I think they had an equal impact. What both leave behind and have meant to this franchise ... Krauskopf said, pausing. Steph was the very first player I went out and got to start this franchise. They were the cornerstones of this franchise.The game Sunday against Dallas wont be their last. Indiana has already clinched a playoff spot, and these two still envision going out after a victory celebration.Regardless, it seems fitting that White and Catchings, who have shared so many moments and memories over the past 15 years, are leaving together.Its hard to fathom just how much these two have meant to Indiana.Catchings legacy has been well-documented on the court. She started Friday nights game at Minnesota ranked No. 2 in WNBA career scoring (7,353 points), sixth in assists (1,487) and 12th in blocks (384), She already held the league record for steals (1,071) and needed just three rebounds to pass all-time leader Lisa Leslie (3,307).Those numbers only tell part of the tale of the 2011 WNBA MVP, 2012 Finals MVP, five-time defensive player of the year and 10-time All-Star, who spent most of her career being cited as the top choice front-office executives would build a franchise around and the top choice of league players as the teammate they wanted.Before arriving in Indianapolis, the shy, hearing-impaired kid went from Texas prep star to four-time All-American and part of an undefeated national championship team at Tennessee. Krauskopf took her No. 3 overall in the 2001 draft even though she knew Catchings would miss that first season with a torn ACL.Her growth as a player and a person was equally impressive. She started a foundation to help young people achieve their goals, became the president of the players union, wrote a book, interned at the NBA and got married in February.The four-time Olympic gold medalist could have enjoyed a WNBA farewell tour in her final season, but instead turned it into a legacy tour in which she gave something back to her fans.I dont need anything and basically I dont want anything. It only seemed right, Catchings said. It was about the kids being there and seeing how excited they were. The thing I enjoyed most was being able to spend time with each kid in the autograph line and being able to talk to them. I remember one place this boy yelled across the gym at me and I looked up at him and you could just see his face. He was so excited -- and thats a boy.Catchings calls her foundation, Catch The Stars, and the impact its had on other peoples lives her proudest achievement. On Friday, Catchings said her teammates donated $50,000.Inside Bankers Life Fieldhouse, so many more people are proud of the star.NBA All-Star and new Olympic gold medalist Paul George bought 5,000 balcony tickets for Sundays game, which were distributed to fans on Friday. Krauskopf talks about the handwritten notes she keeps in a desk drawer from children and parents thanking Catchings for speaking at their school, in their community or just being a role model.But thats nothing compared to actually being on the court with her.As a teammate, you want to be better for her, White said. I will never forget one play, I dont remember where we were, and I missed an assignment on the defensive end, and she said `Come on, Steph. I felt like I let her down.The truth is, White was pretty good herself.She was the small-town star who made it big -- going from 1995 Gatorade national player of the year and 1995 Indiana Miss Basketball at nearby Seeger High School to Purdue, where she won a national championship in 1999. Then onto the WNBA, where she handed over the reins of Fever team leader to Catchings so White could start a coaching career.When White returned as an assistant in 2011, Catchings was still excelling. The next year when the Fever finally captured their first WNBA title, they celebrated together.Now with the 39-year-old White bound for Vanderbilt and the 37-year-old Catchings eager to trade the hot and cold tub treatments for a little travel and some extra rest, the two players Krauskopf put in place all those years ago are ready to say goodbye together.Ive noticed her (Catchings) this year, just watching as much as she can, taking it all in. Im trying to do it, too, because I keep thinking this will be so odd next year, Krauskopf said. Tamika is the cornerstone of this franchise, and Steph has been here off and on from the beginning. This is our teams foundation. Nike Basketball Shoes Outlet . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. Nike Basketball Shoes Cheap . -- There were a lot of firsts for the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. http://www.nikebasketballshoesclearance.com/ . -- Quarterback Will Finch threw for 252 yards and three touchdowns, and Yannick Harou rushed in two scores as the No. Nike Basketball Shoes Wholesale . Reigning world champion Eve Muirhead of Scotland opened with a 12-2 rout of Winnipegs Jennifer Jones in a battle of teams bound for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. Cheap Wholesale Nike Basketball Shoes . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . NEW ORLEANS -- The Latest on the sentencing in Louisiana of former NFL star Darren Sharper in a drug and rape case (all times local):10:20 a.m.A Louisiana judge has formally imposed a 20-year prison sentence on former NFL star Darren Sharper, who last week was sentenced by a federal judge to 18 years and four months in a drug and rape case with victims in four states.Defense attorney Billy Gibbens said that the two sentences are essentially the same, when credit for time served and other factors are considered.Thursdays second sentencing hearing was again punctuated by tearful testimony from victims. One who said she forgave Sharper, despite suffering through depression because of his assault.Sharper again apologized to his victims and their families and continued to ask for forgiveness, at one point telling the judge: I am not a monster. The sentence followed a plea deal that saw him enter guilty or no-conttest pleas in multiple jurisdictions.dddddddddddd---9 a.m.A week after he was sentenced to more than 18 years in prison in federal court, disgraced ex-football star Darren Sharper is set for formal sentencing in state court to charges that he drugged and raped multiple women.Thursdays sentencing for the former NFL player is set for Judge Karen Hermans courtroom in New Orleans. Hes pleaded guilty or no-contest in state and federal courts in Louisiana, and in state courts in Arizona, Nevada and California. A judge has said the case may involve as many as 16 victims.The pleas were part of a multi-jurisdiction deal that once was expected to net him only nine years in prison. He elected to stick to the deal even after U.S. District Judge Jane Triche Milazzo rejected the light sentence. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz