Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 58 mal aufgerufen
 News
LAM Offline

10.11.2018 03:16
ed the FCS Governors 13-0 early in the second quarter and led to the emergency use of Johnson -- who looked healthy enough to gu Antworten

LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Nothing about Kentuckys quest toward respectability was easy, and the win that finally put the Wildcats back in the postseason for the first time in six years required overcoming initial adversity.They regrouped by halftime and now look forward to playing in December for a change.Stephen Johnson came off the bench to throw two second-quarter touchdown passes, Benny Snell and Jojo Kemp each ran for two scores and Kentucky rallied past Austin Peay 49-13 on Saturday to become bowl eligible for the first time since 2010.Its a happy locker room, said Kentucky coach Mark Stoops, who added, they stayed the course, never flinched and its never easy. Weve just got to continue to push forward.Drama preceded the Wildcats postseason-clinching victory with the pregame announcement that little-used sophomore Luke Wright would start at quarterback instead of Johnson because of a left knee injury that wasnt previously disclosed. In-game anxiety followed as Kentucky trailed the FCS Governors 13-0 early in the second quarter and led to the emergency use of Johnson -- who looked healthy enough to guide his team into a 21-13 lead by halftime.They just wanted me in emergency situations, and not to go out there and get hurt even more, Johnson said.Snells 30-yard TD run got Kentucky (6-5) going before Johnsons scoring passes of 14 yards to C.J. Conrad and 40 to Garrett Johnson. The Wildcats broke it open as Boom Williams ran for a 25-yard TD, Snell scored from 48 and Kemp from 40 and 7 yards.Reaching six wins was huge for Kentucky after falling just short with back-to-back 5-7 finishes. The achievement looked even more elusive after a 0-2 start and a back injury to Drew Barker in the third game that propelled Johnson into the starters role.Those struggles were forgotten on a cold, blustery evening before 48,948 that culminated in the goal that Stoops sought.I might have been in middle school, so that goes to show how long ago it was (for Kentucky), said sophomore cornerback Chris Westry, who had one of the Wildcats two interceptions.Snell carried 14 times for 152 yards to set a school single-season record for a freshman (1,006) and give Kentucky its first-ever 1,000-yard rushing duo with Williams (1,072).Kentel Williams 17-yard TD run and Gunnar Scholatos 25-yard interception return of Wright for a score got Austin Peay (0-11) ahead. The Governors couldnt stop Johnson or Kentucky after that and finished with their 27th straight loss dating back to 2014.THE TAKEAWAYAustin Peay: The Governors controlled the initial tempo and drove 69 yards for their first TD. But quarterback Javaughn Craig threw two interceptions and they didnt cross midfield until the fourth quarter and were outgained 410-284.The interception in the red zone, we cant have happen, coach Will Healy said. We still find ways to shoot ourselves in the foot with turnovers, but I though we went toe-to-toe.Kentucky: Interceptions by Westry and Mike Edwards -- the second of which led to the Wildcats first TD -- offset early holding penalties that erased touchdowns. But Johnsons entry made the biggest difference in settling down an offense that struggled without him. Johnson completed 5 of 9 passes for 101 yards.We just knew we had to settle down a little bit so we could do what we wanted to do as an offense, Johnson said. We just had to go out there and do it.HERE TO HELPKentuckys 1-2 punch of Snell and Williams were critical to its postseason push that pleased Snell more than breaking Moe Williams previous freshman rushing record of 928 yards in 1993.Im glad I got to 1,000 yards, Snell said, but Im happy won as a team, we got to six wins and get to go bowling. The seniors deserved that.UP NEXTAustin Peay: Season over.Kentucky: The Wildcats visit third-ranked (for now) Louisville (No. 5 CFP) , aiming to end a five-game losing streak against their in-state rival and hand the Cardinals their second consecutive loss.---More AP college football: collegefootball.ap.org Cheap Jordan Wholesale Free Shipping . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Wholesale Cheap Jordans From China .25 million option on reliever Jose Veras. http://www.cheapjordanfromchina.com/ . Vokoun departed practice on Saturday morning after discovering swelling in his thigh. He was taken to a local hospital where the clot was revealed. The club announced the surgery following a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets. Wholesale Retro Jordans Cheap . Sgt. Eric ONeal says most of the arrests at Monday nights game were for public drunkenness, though one person was taken into custody on suspicion of trying to steal a seat from the stadium. Cheap Jordans From China . -- Timbers coach Caleb Porter didnt stray from his business-like approach to the season even after Portland downed the two-time defending league champion Los Angeles Galaxy to gain crucial playoff position. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Jenny Rissveds found another gear going up the first long hill of the last lap of the womens Olympic mountain bike race.By the time she started her descent, the Swedish cyclist had finally pulled away from Maja Wloszczowska of Poland. Rissveds was never seriously challenged again on way to winning to the gold medal Saturday.She finished the six-plus lap race in 1 hour, 30 minutes, 15 seconds, beating Wloszczowska by 37 seconds. For Wloszczowska, it was second career Olympic silver in the event, following Beijing in 2008.I managed to stay on her wheel, a tired Wloszczowska said in between gulps on a bottle of soda. But then on the beginning of the sixth lap, she attacked really strongly and I was absolutely empty and couldnt follow.Catharine Pendrel held off Canadian teammate Emily Batty for the bronze in Rio de Janeiro.Rissveds already had an impressive few months, winning a World Cup race and the under-23 world championship in back-to-back weeks in July.Crossing the finish line with a smile, Rissveds circled around and got a hug from a fan near a railing.Today I was the strongest and I got the gold medal. Just unbelievable, Rissveds said.She had bumps and bruises along the way, though, long before having to maneuver the man-made mountain bike course in Rio de Janeiro.Just a few weeks ago, Rissveds crashed in practice before a race in London. Earlier in the week in Rio, she crashed again in practice, needing a few stitches to close up wounds in her knee and elbow.It didnt worry me too much actually because I enjjoyed the course so much, Rissveds said.ddddddddddddMuch of the race was held in 90-degree temperatures under overcast skies. Riders gave mainly good reviews for the course before the race, though a few worried about the heat since there were relatively few trees providing shade.It didnt seem to bother Rissveds on the last lap.Until then, Rissveds and Wloszczowska dueled for much of the second half of the race, breaking away from the pack. Jolanda Neff of Sweden, ranked third in the world, stuck close to the pair early before falling back. She finished in sixth.Wloszczowska didnt have a chance to race in London after getting hurt before the games there. Since Beijing, the Polish cyclist also lost her coach, who died in an accident.She wore a rubber bracelet around her wrist for inspiration with one of her late coachs favorite phrases, Just do your job.He was with me the whole race, Wloszczowska said.Pendrel and Batty teamed up during the middle of the race to pull closer to the lead pack before Pendrel beat her teammate in a sprint to the finish for bronze.If I had crashed myself out of bronze, I would have been extremely happy for her, too, Pendrel said.Reigning world champion Annika Langvad was 11th and American Lea Davison had a strong finish and came in seventh, three minutes behind Rissveds.---Online:AP Summer Games: http://summergames.ap.org/---Follow Genaro Armas at: https://twitter.com/GArmasAP Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz