Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 76 mal aufgerufen
 News
jokergreen0220 Offline

06.09.2018 10:43
WASHINGTON -- Doug Fister made quick work of the New York Mets, and thats one reason why his teammates on the Washington Nationa Antworten

WASHINGTON -- Doug Fister made quick work of the New York Mets, and thats one reason why his teammates on the Washington Nationals provided him with ample hitting support. Hisashi Iwakuma Jersey . Fister took a five-hit shutout into the eighth inning, Adam LaRoche homered twice and Danny Espinosa also connected as the Nationals cruised to a 7-1 victory Wednesday night. Fister (11-3) allowed one unearned run and six hits in 7 1-3 innings. He struck out seven and reduced his ERA to 2.49. In his first season with Washington, Fister has made a positive impression with his new team by working rapidly and going after opposing hitters. The technique confounded the Mets and provided the Nationals with plenty of time to take their hacks against New York starter Jonathon Niese (5-8). "Its no coincidence that I feel like a lot of runs get scored when Doug pitches," LaRoche said. "I think its a matter of really quick innings. Hes pitching to contact, guys are on their toes, and theres a lot of action. Seems like when hes pitching, were out there for 30 minutes on defence and spend two hours in the dugout." The Mets, who had faced Fister only once previously, seemingly werent prepared for his rapid-fire style. "He works real quick, throws a lot of strikes, doesnt walk anybody," New York manager Terry Collins said. LaRoche hit a two-run drive in the first inning and a solo shot in the eighth, his 23rd career multihomer game. Espinosa went deep with two on in the sixth and Anthony Rendon hit two doubles to help NL East-leading Washington increase its lead over sputtering Atlanta to four games. Niese gave up a season-high six runs on eight hits in six innings. It was only the second time in his last 25 starts the left-hander yielded more than three earned runs. Niese is 0-4 with a 5.76 ERA in four starts since coming off the disabled list with a left shoulder strain. "It seemed like when I didnt feel 100 per cent, thats when I was pitching best," Niese said. "My arm feels a lot better so Ive got to figure out how to pitch with that." Washington got all the offence it needed in a three-run first. Rendon doubled with one out, Jayson Werth hit an RBI single and LaRoche followed with his 14th home run. "Its certainly nice to get that," Fister said. "Ive still got to go out there, still got to put up a zero and get our guys back in to hit." In the sixth, Ian Desmond singled, Bryce Harper walked and Espinosa sent a 1-1 pitch over the left-field wall. It was his seventh home run of the season, the first since May 12. Fister left with two on and one out in the eighth with Washington up 6-0. Newcomer Matt Thornton gave up a two-out RBI single to Daniel Murphy. Washington leadoff hitter Denard Span singled in the third to extend his streak of games reaching via a hit or walk to 32. TRAINERS ROOM Mets: Collins said he expects RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka (right elbow) to throw off a mound by next week and to make a rehabilitation appearance soon after that. Matsuzaka, who was placed on the disabled list July 26, is 3-3 with a 3.87 ERA. Nationals: Werth was pulled in the seventh with a shoulder strain. "Jaysons got a shoulder thats been bothering him a little bit. Tonight he was a little tight in his neck," manager Matt Williams said. UP NEXT Mets: Rookie Jacob deGrom (6-5) seeks to win his sixth straight start when New York and Washington meet Thursday afternoon to close out the three-game series. Nationals: Washington will start RH Jordan Zimmermann (7-5), who hasnt given up a home run at home in nine games since April 9. SCOREBOARD WATCHING Williams said he had too much to do as a player to be a scoreboard watcher. "I couldnt afford to. I wasnt good enough," he said. "I didnt have time for it." Hes not checking out the out-of-town scores now, either. "Theres no reason to see what anybody else is doing because were trying to take care of our business today," he said. "If we win today, the position that were in, there cant be any movement." Felix Hernandez Jersey . -- Wide receiver Sidney Rice should be fully recovered from a torn knee ligament by the time the Seattle Seahawks start defence of their Super Bowl title, general manager John Schneider said Wednesday. Gordon Beckham Jersey . Scrivens stopped 48 shots and captain Andrew Ference scored in overtime as the Oilers pulled off a 4-3 upset of the Anaheim Ducks on Friday. http://www.cheapmarinersjerseys.com/ .Y. - Urijah Faber walked out on a Madison Square Garden stage in a Wes Welker jersey, the UFCs fun nod to that other "super" show this weekend.American businessman Randy Lerner put Aston Villa up for sale on Monday after eight years in control of the Premier League club, saying he was drained by the "week-in, week-out battles." Lerners future plans have been the subject of intense speculation following another season when the central England club -- the European Cup champion in 1982 -- came close to relegation. "I have come to know well that fates are fickle in the business of English football. And I feel that I have pushed mine well past the limit," Lerner said in a statement. "I feel further thatnow is the time for me to look for new ownership and thus new leadership." Lerner, the former owner of the NFLs Cleveland Browns, bought Villa in 2006 for 62.2 million pounds and pledged to return the club to the top of the English game. During his time as owner, Villa reached the League Cup final in 2010, losing to Manchester United, and finished sixth in the Premier League for three straight seasons from 2008-10 under manager Marrtin ONeill. Cheap Mariners Jerseys Authentic. But since ONeills departure in 2010, Villas fortunes have tumbled and a youthful team managed by Paul Lambert has narrowly avoided relegation the last two years. It finished 15th in the 20-team league this season and is desperate for investment in new signings. "The last several seasons have been week-in, week-out battles," Lerner said in his statement. "Iowe it to Villa to move on, and look for fresh, invigorated leadership, if in my heartIfeelIcan no longer do the job." Villa has won the English league title seven times, most recently in 1981 -- the year before the team lifted the European Cup by beating Bayern Munich 1-0. Lerner is one of a slew of American owners of clubs in the lucrative Premier League, along with Stan Kroenke at Arsenal, the Glazer family at Manchester United, John Henry at Liverpool and Ellis Short at Sunderland. Fulham, which was relegated from the top flight this season, was bought by American businessman Shahid Khan last July. Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jerseys Cheap Bills Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Giants Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys Cheap Bears Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Lions Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz